You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newcastle bought Perch from Notts Forest, and Williamson from Watford didn't they?

Unbelievable mix of lower league prospects, premiership mis-fits and good foreigners they were prepared to take a gamble on.

And they go above Chelsea, who have spent gazillions - 2 points behind Spuds and Arse

Newcastle bought Perch from Notts Forest, and Williamson from Watford didn't they?

Unbelievable mix of lower league prospects, premiership mis-fits and good foreigners they were prepared to take a gamble on.

And they go above Chelsea, who have spent gazillions - 2 points behind Spuds and Arse

14 points above us. We havent been short of spending money either.

As close to Blackburn as we are to Newcastle, and rightly so - We're a much better side than Rovers & Newcastle are far superior in almost every way to us. I suspect we'll need to get used to that for a prolonged period if the status quo is maintained at our club.

Newcastle is not superior to us in any way, they just have two players who can score goals.

Whilst Carroll and Downing are well above decent. Suarez maybe a great player but the other two will score more, which wins you more football games.

The table doesn't lie. They're a better side.

Downing was probably better for a worse Villa side last year than Ben Arfa has been for Newcastle. Either way, that ain't me point.

Me point being that you, or whoever, can wank yourself silly over Ba and Cisse as much as you like given one has failed two medicals in last twelve months and the other has played 8 games.

I'd doubt many people have seen majority of them 8 games let alone much else on him.

It is also vastly easier to play for Newcastle than it is for us. Sides give them more time and that. Doing a great job for them means nothing to what they might do for us.

Why don't we just add to what we have in Suarez (best player outta the 6 by far) than do anything else?

I don't think Newcastle are that much better than us, they just are in a key position. If they had injuries to ba and cisse they may struggle to find the net. We fucked up in the transfer market but it's fixable, get back agger Johnson and Lucas our team will tighten up, we just need to buy quality attacking players. In the mean time Kenny needs to pick his best players and stick with them, no chopping changing trying different formations. Trying to be tacticians fuck the chess off just play draughts, nice and simple.

Downing was probably better for a worse Villa side last year than Ben Arfa has been for Newcastle. Either way, that ain't me point.

Me point being that you, or whoever, can wank yourself silly over Ba and Cisse as much as you like given one has failed two medicals in last twelve months and the other has played 8 games.

I'd doubt many people have seen majority of them 8 games let alone much else on him.

It is also vastly easier to play for Newcastle than it is for us. Sides give them more time and that. Doing a great job for them means nothing to what they might do for us.

Why don't we just add to what we have in Suarez (best player outta the 6 by far) than do anything else?

It's not 2009 any more. Teams aren't parking the bus. They're coming out and playing better football in most cases.

Ba and Cisse have been class for years in Germany. Ben Arfa has always been talented but a bit of a headcase. Downing's just been average if we're honest.