You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do the commentators keep saying the Swansea fans have had to buy into this playing style?

Yeah, must be gutting seeing your team that was in League twelve a few years ago playing like Barca on a budget of £50.

They also have conceeded 12 goals at home prior to today, second to City overall. Rogers doing a great job.

This is getting embarrassing. Any player who does well it's 'why didn't we sign him', 'Camolli is shit', 'our owners are broke'.

It was said in Jan that we were not going to sign anyone and we didnt.

It was blatantly clear in January we didn't need a goalscorer or defensive midfield options after all. We never intended to sign anyone cause of shit owners that won't spend a penny.

It doesn't need hindsight with Cisse. Said it at the time, he grantees you goals. Newcastle's frontline is simply better than ours. And when Gerrard doesn't have a good game, their midfield is better too.

It was blatantly clear in January we didn't need a goalscorer or defensive midfield options after all. We never intended to sign anyone cause of shit owners that won't spend a penny.

It doesn't need hindsight with Cisse. Said it at the time, he grantees you goals. Newcastle's frontline is simply better than ours. And when Gerrard doesn't have a good game, their midfield is better too.

If we'd had the money we'd probably have signed Doyle and Cattermole.

Saying that I doubt the owners will put any of their own money in. Haven't they said basically that anyway.

Our management team didnt seem to think so didn't buy anyone. To be fair we had recently spent close on £60m on two centre forwards.

Also, if you have time to dig it out, can you show me where you were saying Cisse would guarantee goals?

He was 2nd top scorer in the bundesliga last season.

Playing for a shit team.

Although i doubt many would have predicted how effective he would have been, it was fairly obvious they were buying someone who knows where the goal is

Our management team didnt seem to think so didn't buy anyone. To be fair we had recently spent close on £60m on two centre forwards.

Also, if you have time to dig it out, can you show me where you were saying Cisse would guarantee goals?

That was the party line but if you think Kenny was happy with a frontline as poor as ours and Jay Spearing a regular, then you're nuts. Wasn't there numerous loan bids for players? Further proving a lack of transfer funds imo.

Can't be arsed going through my old posts but I'm positive I said it when he went to Newcastle. 1 in 2 record for a shit team in Germany was a fantastic record. He's the only player I've said we should have signed in January, not that there wouldn't have been others.

He was 2nd top scorer in the bundesliga last season.

Playing for a shit team.

Although i doubt many would have predicted how effective he would have been, it was fairly obvious they were buying someone who knows where the goal is

Exactly. He's doing better than I thought but he was always going to score them goals.

It's good that we have a French director of football, someone who really has his finger on the pulse where all these French and naturalised French players are concerned.

Oh wait.

Ba has scored more league goals this season than Carroll, Suarez and Bellamy combined.

£57m v £0m

Cisse scores again. 8 in 8 now.

Pity we've got owners that won't spend a penny of their own money.

Pity our scouting is shyte.

Pity our purchasing has been shyte.

Never mind the owners.

Money was spent and wasted.

We could have had half of that Newcasle team, for less than Henderson and the known mediocrity Downing cost.

Never mind Carroll.

In the absence of an Arab benefactor, our scouting simply HAS to improve.

There is no other way for this club to hold its own.

Edited by thompsonsnose

That was the party line but if you think Kenny was happy with a frontline as poor as ours and Jay Spearing a regular, then you're nuts. Wasn't there numerous loan bids for players? Further proving a lack of transfer funds imo.

Can't be arsed going through my old posts but I'm positive I said it when he went to Newcastle. 1 in 2 record for a shit team in Germany was a fantastic record. He's the only player I've said we should have signed in January, not that there wouldn't have been others.

Kenny was probably not happy with what he had, mid season, but he wasted money on known mediocrity.

Theres no getting away from that.

Guest The Big Green Bastard

why are people spunking over Brendan Rogers and Pardew? I've seen the same shit happen in the PL for the last 20 years, Newly promoted team or newly appointed manager flukes their first season and then in the 2nd season goes to dogshit.

The only manager to have gone against that grain in my opinion was Curbishley and that fucking fat twat Big Sam.

This is Brendans first season in the PL, remember it well as in 5 years time he'll go the same way as every other promising manager, back down the leagues until the old gaurd fuck off.

I do realise he has done a great job at Swansea, but if i was a chairman of a PL club looking for a new manager he would end up 10th choice on the list, which will reflect his league position.

Exactly. He's doing better than I thought but he was always going to score them goals.

By the same logic if a team were to buy the 2nd top scorer in the Bundesliga this season - they would be buying Klass-Jan Huntelaar. If they went for the 3rd - they would be buying Lukas Podolski, which is exactly what a rival of ours is doing.

If there was a league with the most similarities to ours - it would probably be Germany's, therefore if a player does well over there, you can normally assume they will be ok here.

I don't care for a list of failure's - incase anybody is going to post it. I said normally, which leaves space for the odd flop.

By the same logic if a team were to buy the 2nd top scorer in the Bundesliga this season - they would be buying Klass-Jan Huntelaar. If they went for the 3rd - they would be buying Lukas Podolski, which is exactly what a rival of ours is doing.

If there was a league with the most similarities to ours - it would probably be Germany's, therefore if a player does well over there, you can normally assume they will be ok here.

I don't care for a list of failure's - incase anybody is going to post it. I said normally, which leaves space for the odd flop.

You could easily make a squad of players that would piss the English league, from those playing in Germany.

They don't cost a bomb either.

Guest The Big Green Bastard
You could easily make a squad of players that would piss the English league, from those playing in Germany.

They don't cost a bomb either.

can you imagine an all time lfc 11 based on players that have played in Germany, would be quite awesome.

Babbel, Hamann, Riedle, Berger, Keegan thats half a team.