You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deviation from the subject is usually a sign that someone is struggling in a debate. Creating straw man arguments is another. You've done both with the Lucas and Skrtel thing, which you are now running with. If you can find evidence of me wanting Lucas or Skrtel sold, go for it.

As for you argument wrt to Henderson, those same people at the club thought Carroll was worth £35M and Downing £20M etc. They also thought that Downing was "better than they thought", again I paraphrase. So we must be actually getting good value for our £20M, according to Kenny.

Personally, I think that a manager lives and dies by his signings. I think Kenny has been incredibly lucky with the money given to him and he has wasted it in an almost grotesque manner. He has a portfolio of signings that is worse than anyone I can think of.

You are living in the alternative reality where we signed this other player and we are there and thereabouts Arsenal. But we haven't signed him. We signed Andy Carroll for £35M and we are as close to Blackburn as we are to Newcastle.

I'll say it again, Andy Carroll for £35M. Has it sunk in yet?

Fantastic post.

He's signed more big money disasters than Benitez did in six years. Rafa got a lot of well deserved stick for Keane and Aquilani, but the perverse thing is that Kenny has received LESS criticism by large for signing more big money disasters in the space of eight months.

Aquilani had shown considerably more than Henderson, Carroll or Downing and he was a fucking cripple imported from Italy, an awful signing and to that point the worst the club had ever purchased relative to expense. He's down to fourth place now, third of you want to be really generous to Griffin.

That decision boiled my piss there. Mason couldn't wait to give that pen and send him off. Add to that Rooney's tackle a few minutes before that didn't even result in a talking to.

Exactly. There was not one second's hesitation, even though, as usual, he was too far away to judge. He couldn't wait to pull out the red. The worst ref around bar none.

I've just seen the speed that Mason whistled and pulled the red out. I'm fucking stunned. He couldn't wait, didn't give it a second thought.

I watch a lot of Spanish football and you never, ever see such regular displays of fucking inept or plain corrupt decisions there.

It's high time UEFA started investigating our officials.

Massive fucking shades of 08-09 in this year's title race. City have been crap but so have Man Utd. The decisions they've gotten in the last month are fucking ridiculous though, they truly are.

It shows up the ludicrous hype about the Premier league. It's full of mediocrity - so shit that even when we go on a shocking run we're still more or less where we were - and yet they still boast about how great it is.

Staggering decision on the back of the Fulham game at OT. Absolutely staggering.

Offside, not a foul and not only do the Scum get a pen but a red card shown. If it wasn't for the fact that they would hve wiped the floor with QPR anyway you really would really have to be hard pressed to think something was not going on. Irony is Mason has probably done Slur no favours with his blatant attempt to please the old fart. More questions that are asked may just ensure a bordeline decsion may not go their way in a game they where they need it. Or may be the whole fucking thing is rotten to the core after all.