You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Newcastle are simply a superior team to us, and it's not really that close - they're not eight points up after 30 games by accident. It's not luck or poor finishing, it's simple inferiority. Relative to this season, nex term will be a magnificent success if we can bridge that sort of gap and nudge ahead of them.

Next season, I don't expect Newcastle to be holding down their current 6th spot. I expect them to be much lower (maybe 10th?) after selling off their goalscorers and offloading a few more defenders, for a hefty profit (and not at our expense, again). So I would very much hope that we will be ahead of them next season.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh do behave! The bit in bold above explains the difference in the two clubs this season. The horrible results from the last 6 games have put everyone on a massive downer at the moment.

Seriously, apart from the strikers, are you saying man for man that Newcastle are miles ahead of us. They are performing above par this season, we are well below par are are in a stinking run of form that can't be denied.

So, so deluded.

Cabaye and Ben Arfa are better than our players. Gutierrez is rubbish but on merit, would get in our team in place of Downing.

But lets pretend, as you say, that their team is not significantly better than ours is this season. Isn't it Kenny Daglish's job to get our team playing well? Or at least, averagely?

One post that made me piss myself on here the other day, had somebody blaming Clarke for the tactics and saying questions should be asked, and then blamed Comolli for the signings, saying questions should be asked. Haha! So what is Kenny's role then? To tell the press to fuck off every week?

Next season, I don't expect Newcastle to be holding down their current 6th spot. I expect them to be much lower (maybe 10th?) after selling off their goalscorers and offloading a few more defenders, for a hefty profit (and not at our expense, again). So I would very much hope that we will be ahead of them next season.

They'll probably be adequately replaced. They seem to have an excellent scouting system.

Oh do behave! The bit in bold above explains the difference in the two clubs this season. The horrible results from the last 6 games have put everyone on a massive downer at the moment.

Seriously, apart from the strikers, are you saying man for man that Newcastle are miles ahead of us. They are performing above par this season, we are well below par are are in a stinking run of form that can't be denied.

They are the better side, what do individual's matter in a team game? It's about the team and however much we hate to admit it Pardew has put together a better side for a fraction of the money, implemented better tactics and motivated them.

We've spent most of the last twenty years comparing our side to Man U's man for man and routinely deciding that a composite side would have more Liverpool players in it.

Newcastle's performance this season shows how poor our management has been. The fact that we apparently have better players only makes it worse.

Look at that 3rd goal Newcastle scored there. If you swapped the crosser (Ben Arfa) and the goalscorer (Cisse) for Downing and Carroll, it wouldn't have worked out like that. Downing would've just fired it across first time without looking and Carroll would've been lambasted for not trying to get on the end of the cross and criticised for lack of effort and desire. People really can't say finishing is the only thing that's seperating us, when A) finishing is a huge difference between an ok footballer and a top quality striker and B) we don't have the game intelligence to create clear cut opportunities, just a lot of half chances in which the goalkeeper is favourite.

So, so deluded.

Cabaye and Ben Arfa are better than our players. Gutierrez is rubbish but on merit, would get in our team in place of Downing.

But lets pretend, as you say, that their team is not significantly better than ours is this season. Isn't it Kenny Daglish's job to get our team playing well? Or at least, averagely?

One post that made me piss myself on here the other day, had somebody blaming Clarke for the tactics and saying questions should be asked, and then blamed Comolli for the signings, saying questions should be asked. Haha! So what is Kenny's role then? To tell the press to fuck off every week?

They are the better side, what do individual's matter in a team game? It's about the team and however much we hate to admit it Pardew has put together a better side for a fraction of the money, implemented better tactics and motivated them.

We've spent most of the last twenty years comparing our side to Man U's man for man and routinely deciding that a composite side would have more Liverpool players in it.

Newcastle's performance this season shows how poor our management has been. The fact that we apparently have better players only makes it worse.

Look, you guys make very good points, and given our run of form this season and 2012 in particular your arguments are given strength.

I just believe that our finishing this season has been our downfall. You're right that Kenny is responsible for motivation, gameplan, selection but when the players are on the pitch he's not responsible for a pitiful goal to chance ratio, or hitting the woodwork 30 odd times or missing 5/6 penalties or whatever the total is.

Even a 10% increase in our chance conversion would have put a different complexion on results.

The suggestion from such people seems to be that Kenny is a) completely useless and b) should be held to a much lower standard than any other manager. Both are much more insulting than the justified criticism of his management this season.

Look, you guys make very good points, and given our run of form this season and 2012 in particular your arguments are given strength.

I just believe that our finishing this season has been our downfall. You're right that Kenny is responsible for motivation, gameplan, selection but when the players are on the pitch he's not responsible for a pitiful goal to chance ratio, or hitting the woodwork 30 odd times or missing 5/6 penalties or whatever the total is.

Even a 10% increase in our chance conversion would have put a different complexion on results.

But Kenny and Comolli were given £50m to spend on any striker in the world. Andy Carroll was their goalscorer. Because he has turned out rubbish (which Kenny and Comolli must be held accountable for), you are right - we have had a poor conversion of our chances and hence a lack of goals.

The problem is, when you play somebody who isn't really a striker (Suarez) as your lone front man, what else do you expect?

The form you cite was in the first half of the season. Why didn't Kenny recognise our lack of a finisher and make a deal in January? Why didn't we offload Andy Carroll (Considering he has been frozen out since January) and get somebody in for cheap to hold us till the end of the season? Maybe we have had some bad luck. That is fair to say. But our poor finishing has a lot to do with poor finishers.

Kenny doesnt "do" tactics, as many point out. But he is a good man manager. Then why is every one of our players low on confidence? What is Kenny going to do to fix this?

the commentator alongside Le Tiss is letting his man u colours shine through. Evra attempts an overhead and le tiss says he's been watching Coates to which he responds he's been watching Rooney. Giggs almosts chops a player in 2 and he claims it was harsh.

Edit: what he said...sycophantic was the word I chose at first too!

To be honest this has been really disappointing from Fulham. The mancs have not really been out of 2nd gear, and are hardly creating a lot - yet Fulham will not have a go at them. If the Bilbao game proved anything - then its they are vulnerable if you put pressure on them. But yet again a Premiership team turns up at Old Trafford just to make the numbers up, don't try and win the game and go home with fuck all.

Edit : Not helped by the fucking shithouse of a referee who has been a disgrace tonight. Literally too scared to give anything against United.