You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

54-46

Redder Lurtz

Always know the summer's on its way when I get the Toots urge.

I woke up last week and for the first time noticed how light and bright it was outside, about 7ish, and instantly I got that feeling that the seasons are a changin and the drudgery of the dark months is passing.

Bring on the fucking summer, long afternoons in conversation followed by long nights of dancing and walking out of clubs with the sun on the horizon.

I played 'pusher man' on full whack in the shower and smiled all fucking day, it's nearly here!!!

• 3 years later...

Post me some more ska

You should check out Bombskare, they're a local band & they do a ska version of Insepctor Gadget that is tremendous.

I'm mates with them or else I probably wouldn't have been to see them, I get bored of ska after about 3 songs I'm afraid.

• 1 year later...

You should check out Bombskare, they're a local band & they do a ska version of Insepctor Gadget that is tremendous.

I'm mates with them or else I probably wouldn't have been to see them, I get bored of ska after about 3 songs I'm afraid.

Is it a cover of Lee Scratch Perry?  He did a song called Inspector Gadget - from From the Secret Laboratory.

Is it a cover of Lee Scratch Perry? He did a song called Inspector Gadget - from From the Secret Laboratory.

Quite possibly, I have to admit I'm not up on my dub/ska.

The one they do has the Inspector Gadget cartoon theme tune in it.

Fucksake. Hungover to fuck, get to the stage for exactly the right time for Toots, wait half an hour then they announce that Toots aren't playing but instead we have a band called Brass Of Glory. They come on, play Final Countdown on brass instruments and banjo and by the time they are halfway through their second song (Jump by Van Halen) I have downed my beers, announced Fuck That loudly and walked off. Fucksake. Couldn't even be arsed heckling them for Pressure Drop. Back to Leiden to get steaming I reckon.

• Upvote 2