You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't post on here much. In fact, I never post.

But I will say this:

I left KopTalk many years ago because of you. Now you're ruining my enjoyment of this forum too. Please please please, just fuck off.

Thank you.

That is actually hilarious. Goes on to further prove silverlining is a tedious twat.

What do you suggest?

Take a look at the table: average players can be coached to perform above their level on a consistent basis but unfortunately for us our average players are either taking the easy option, passing responsibility or just not getting games.

It was always going to be a long climb back to the top and the Downing/Adam/Henderson triumvirate is simply a reflection of where we are right now. No use crying about it.

Again, what do you suggest?

Excuse me here mate, I don't understand what the fuck you're talking about.

Everybody with half a fucking brain knew that they were average (and a couple of them shit) before we bought them. People are 'crying' because they shouldn't have been bought and somebody in the club needs to sort it out.

"It was always going to be a long climb back to the top". Well of course it is if you spend a fucking treasure of cash on absolute gash! We would have had fourth place this season if we had spent wisely. Our team was not £100m away from the top four when Torres left. No fucking way.

I very much doubt it

I dont know if you were a buisness man would you be happy with the money we have wasted,and are they going to trust him to spend it again jury is out .I love dalglish by the way wont disrespect him but its not good enough ,fans of other clubs are laughing at us for re apointing him liveing in the past is all i get

What do you suggest?

Take a look at the table: average players can be coached to perform above their level on a consistent basis but unfortunately for us our average players are either taking the easy option, passing responsibility or just not getting games.

It was always going to be a long climb back to the top and the Downing/Adam/Henderson triumvirate is simply a reflection of where we are right now. No use crying about it.

Again, what do you suggest?

In fairness there's not a great deal of quality out there, anywhere. We've paid well over the odds for players who haven't done the business, no doubt, but I'd be interested to know which signings this year who have done well - who were within our grasp - we missed out on, or should have tried to buy.

The only players who've really impressed me have been Ashley Young and Aguero, and you don't have to be a talent scout to spot their ability - but neither would have come here.

The way things stand, I'd ship out Carroll, Downing and Adam - I think Henderson is worth persevering with for a couple more years in his correct central role, I also think Gerrard's time is up, not just physically, but he has the air of someone who's mentally checked out now - not something I thought I'd ever say.

I still think we can attract top signings if we go about our business properly, but we should be investing heavily in our scouting network, we need to find the best up and coming players to take us forward. In the days of city and chelsea, there's no alternative.

Dalglish was handed one of the biggest rebuilding jobs in history though, nothing should be taken away from that fact. Gerrard and Carragher approaching the scrap heap, Torres out the door, Mascherano and Xabi already gone, all he had to work with was a goalkeeper. The idea that he somehow took a side which was 'just outside' the top four and made it worse is ludicrous, it was relegation fodder - and not just because Hodgson was shit.

All you mongs who were calling for Rafa to go' date=' happy now?[/quote']

The ability of some to live in the past is quite extraordinary.

Never once today whilst watching the abject dross on my stream did any thought of Rafa enter my head. We are arxhitects of our own misfortune.

Carroll is not being trusted against ordinary PL sides, Suarez is not scoring enough, nor neing tutored in how to play to score in the PL. Grant Holt (bought for £400,000) has scored more than our expensive front two, who cost £58m more.

Are FSG smart enough to be able to deal with this? Will they finance another two rounds of big spending? Will Comolli and Kenny be prepared to take responsibility for recent signings? Watching recent EL ties what are our prospects in a EL camapign anyway?

Coates was good today, and Kelly played well.

Shocking display today the players need to sort it out' date=' Adam shouldnt be anywhere near the first team and [b']neither should[/b] Spearing, Henderson also needs to be dropped.

Its about time Kenny give a few youngsters a chnace, people say they have no experience but I dont think any of the youth what put a half hearted performance like the majority on the pitch today, its fucking shit, we know it, the players know it and most of all Kenny knows it.

time to make changes and fast, if we lose to them cunts on Tuesday I think my head will explode.

I was at the game today. Jay was probably our best player

Not many positives to take from today, other than Coates and Kelly, although Spearing did pretty well, and Hendo wasn't as bad as some are trying to make out.

I am not too sure about KK's position right now, especially after JWH made it very clear at the start of the season that champs league qualification is a must.

Yes, we're in the europa league, but that will be of little comfort to our owners, as the money will only be half of CL cash.

We were pretty dire today, and didn't deserve a fucking thing from the match.

No more tales of hard luck, bad refs, hitting the woodwork etc etc etc

We are where we deserve to be on the balance of this seasons play.

Yes we have performed well at times, but for those who suggest everything would be OK if only we could convert our chances, you need to understand that our problems on the pitch are far deeper than that.

Unless things change, and change quickly, we will slip into long term mediocrity no matter who is at the helm.

I am not too sure about KK's position right now, especially after JWH made it very clear at the start of the season that champs league qualification is a must.

Yes, we're in the europa league, but that will be of little comfort to our owners, as the money will only be half of CL cash.

Its a lot less than half. Its pittance compared to the CL.

In fairness there's not a great deal of quality out there, anywhere. We've paid well over the odds for players who haven't done the business, no doubt, but I'd be interested to know which signings this year who have done well - who were within our grasp - we missed out on, or should have tried to buy.

The only players who've really impressed me have been Ashley Young and Aguero, and you don't have to be a talent scout to spot their ability - but neither would have come here.

The way things stand, I'd ship out Carroll, Downing and Adam - I think Henderson is worth persevering with for a couple more years in his correct central role, I also think Gerrard's time is up, not just physically, but he has the air of someone who's mentally checked out now - not something I thought I'd ever say.

I still think we can attract top signings if we go about our business properly, but we should be investing heavily in our scouting network, we need to find the best up and coming players to take us forward. In the days of city and chelsea, there's no alternative.

Dalglish was handed one of the biggest rebuilding jobs in history though, nothing should be taken away from that fact. Gerrard and Carragher approaching the scrap heap, Torres out the door, Mascherano and Xabi already gone, all he had to work with was a goalkeeper. The idea that he somehow took a side which was 'just outside' the top four and made it worse is ludicrous, it was relegation fodder - and not just because Hodgson was shit.

Best post in this thread so far.TLW at its imperious best.

The Hodgson phobia reached such manic proportions ( and still exists with some) that many believed that he was responsible for a decline which had started, and accelerated, over the prior twelve months and could be turned around simply by KK turning up.

No team can lose world class players like Alonso, Masch, and Torres, fail to replace them, and not expect to suffer.

Comolli has not given us the strategic direction which a DOF should have. Kenny appears to have influence beyond a head coach. FSG have so far been very lucky with both the decisions they have made, and the decisions they have dodged (the Suarez affair and the stadium).

All is by no means lost. In KK we have a good man, in FSG we have solvent owners, and we have many good players. What we have lacked for twenty years is a coherent vision, clearly stated from the top, and consistently delivered.

Pretty much however this season finishes now it will be an improvement on last, at east one cup win and a Euro slot next season. Beyond that we are beholden to the skill, wit and judgement of FSG, Comolli and Kenny.

Still far to early to be turfing Henderson ,Downing or Carroll out ,far too soon.They do show in patches ,just need to get the patches into consistency and unfortunatly all 3 seem to be confidence players .Today was more about a lack of urgency than anything else.We started slowly and only showed urgency in the last 15 minutes ...not good enough attitude to have .In my view the players left Kenny down today ,even moreso than the bolton debacle

Enrique is worrying me too,he has oodles of class but he's starting to become a liability with these lapses of concentration.

Best post in this thread so far.TLW at its imperious best.

The Hodgson phobia reached such manic proportions ( and still exists with some) that many believed that he was responsible for a decline which had started, and accelerated, over the prior twelve months and could be turned around simply by KK turning up.

No team can lose world class players like Alonso, Masch, and Torres, fail to replace them, and not expect to suffer.

Comolli has not given us the strategic direction which a DOF should have. Kenny appears to have influence beyond a head coach. FSG have so far been very lucky with both the decisions they have made, and the decisions they have dodged (the Suarez affair and the stadium).

All is by no means lost. In KK we have a good man, in FSG we have solvent owners, and we have many good players. What we have lacked for twenty years is a coherent vision, clearly stated from the top, and consistently delivered.

Pretty much however this season finishes now it will be an improvement on last, at east one cup win and a Euro slot next season. Beyond that we are beholden to the skill, wit and judgement of FSG, Comolli and Kenny.

No its not. Its absolute revisionism.

If we were so shit then why was everybody on this forum calling for Rafa's head? After all it wasn't his fault we had cancer and aids upstairs. And it was him who brought those players you call world class.

Im sick of this apologist attitude. Kenny has made mistakes. Our team is shit mainly due to a poor performance in the transfer market by Kenny and Comolli. Not because "our team was so shit, that our current shitness is still an improvement".

That was Hodgsonesque (or Houllieresque for those with not so short memories) from Kenny. Great credit? Success like that?

Whilst I'm not in the "Kenny out" brigade (if such exist?), comments like these usually mean the nearing of an end for Liverpool managers, legends or not...

No its not. Its absolute revisionism.

If we were so shit then why was everybody on this forum calling for Rafa's head? After all it wasn't his fault we had cancer and aids upstairs. And it was him who brought those players you call world class.

Im sick of this apologist attitude. Kenny has made mistakes. Our team is shit mainly due to a poor performance in the transfer market by Kenny and Comolli. Not because "our team was so shit, that our current shitness is still an improvement".

Yep

Still far to early to be turfing Henderson ,Downing or Carroll out ,far too soon.They do show in patches ,just need to get the patches into consistency and unfortunatly all 3 seem to be confidence players.

Thats it right there mate, its what sorts mediocre players from World Class players - consistency. Any mediocre player in the Prem can show in patches, doesnt mean their good enough, I even remember Cheyrou showing in patches!