You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in balls deep today! Will sit tomorrow out if I don't have a good day today. It's all about Grand Crus today for me. I've followed this horse for a while, since it's hurdling days. Also, I go on a horse racing forum and a few people have said that there are strong whispers coming from Ireland for Pique Sous in the bumper. Mullins has a good record in this race and with Ruby Walsh on board, this looks like the pick of his runners in the race. My picks for today are:

1:30 - Teaforthree (win and in 7 horse e/w acca), Strongbows Legend (e/w) and Universal Soldier (e/w)

2:05 - Monksland (win and the e/w acca)

2:40 - Grand Crus (WIN, WIN, WIN.....and the e/w acca)

3:20 - Sizing Europe (just in the e/w acca - think Big Zeb could give him a run though)

4:00 - Get me out of here (e/w and the acca), Act of Kalanisi (e/w) and Balgarry (e/w)

4:40 - Vendor (win and in the acca - trainer is VERY bullish about it's chances) and Dark and Dangerous (e/w)

5:15 - Pique Sous (e/w and in the acca)

See what happens........

I feel your pain though. Grand Crus was my only unplaced pick in my 7 horse accumulator. £1.50 e/w, would've won £355 if that nag hung on for third! :wallbutt:

Only saw up to the 3:40 race as I start work at half four. Had a reasonable day to today, one loser, a winner and the rest placed in a Super Heinz which has put me on double what I started with yesterday. If Alee Garde had even placed I would have been quids in.

Heinz

13:30 Sir Des Champs

14:05 Our Father

14:40 Noble Prince

15:20 Big Bucks

16:00 Nice on Frankie

16:40 Brackloon High

Also got a seperate treble on Sir Des Champs, Our Father and Big Bucks.

One or two singles on horses I thought would challenge those in the Heinz also just in case. I am sure the bookies are looking forward to getting back the money I got off them yesterday.

Day 3 selections:

1:30 Sir Des Champs

2:05 Pineau De Re, Ashkazar (each-way)

2:40 Great Endeavour, Poquelin (each-way)

3:20 Dynaste (each-way)

4:00 Hector's Choice, The Cockney Mackem (each-way)

4:40 Sunnyhill Boy, Becauseicouldntsee

Paddy Power are refunding bets in the 3:20 if your horse finishes 2nd to Big Buck's, by the way.

I am on one today to get my £280 back of the bookies today.

1.30 Sir Des Champs

2.05 Sivola De Sivola

2.40 Alberta's Run

3.20 Big Bucks (£200 win)

4.00 Niceonefrankie

4.40 Brackloon High

Best of luck all.

You'll be quids in today mate, as I've decided to give up on horse racing!!

Guest Pistonbroke

Main bets to win

1:30 - Sir Des Champs

3:20 - Big Bucks

All E/W bets

1:30 - Red Tanber

2:05 - Thehillofuisneach

2:40 - Blazing Tempo

3:20 - Smad Place

E/W Accy -

1:30 - Sir des champs

2:05 - Our Father

2:40 - Riverside Theatre

3:20 - Oscar whisky

day 1 12.50€ up

day 2 62.25€ up

Basically covered all these horses with me winnings...come on you nags.

Considering their success in the festival so far I have gone with three Henderson Geraghty plus big bucks in an each way Lucky 15:

Solix

Riverside Theatre

Big Bucks

Giorgio Quercus

E/W

Crystal Bonus

Buena Vista

Blazing Tempo

Niceonefrankie

E/W Patent

Rubi Light

Oscar Whiskey

Midnight Appeal

Good luck to everyone today.

1:30 - Sir Des Champs

2:05 - Sonofvic

2.40 - Riverside Theatre

3:20 - Big Bucks

4:00 - Niceonefrankie

4:40 - Summery Justice

interesting stat: In the last 10 runs of the Pertemps (14.05) only 5 horses have finished in the first 4 when going off at single figure odds, with only one winner.