You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fairly shite day but the positive is things can only get better..

£7.50 e/w Strongbows Legend @ 21.00

£6.50 Allee Garde @8.4

£4.00 Sous Les Cieux @14

£7.50 e/w Walkon @ 26.00

£15.00 Grands Crus @3.5

£10 Sizing Europe @2.14

£5 e/w Carlito Brigante @16/1

£5 Vendor @4.8

£5 Moscow Mannon @8

Going to lump more on Grands Crus, just need to psych myself up a little..

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad a few of you have made a few quid.

Some grim stuff goes on at horse racing though doesn't it. One jockey was banned for hitting his horse too much whilst another two horses were killed. Hmm. Good job that horrible fox hunting business has been banned though eh.

This isn't a dig at you (it really isn't), but if you don't like that kind of stuff, then just don't watch the sport. It's the reality of the sport, so you gotta just deal with it. I hate these pretentious cunts who take that sort of stance on horse racing.

Wednesday's selections.

1.30 Glens Boy

2.05 Cotton Mill

2.40 Grand Crus

3.20 Sizing Europe

4.00 Poole Master

4.40 Gorgeous Sixty

5.15 Royal Guardsman.

Re-invested all yesterdays money and todays budget too. It could be a big day.

Have you got them all to win? I'm working from home today and after watching the racing yesterday if I'm going to do it again today I might as well bet.

Have you got them all to win? I'm working from home today and after watching the racing yesterday if I'm going to do it again today I might as well bet.

No pal, I have backed Grand Crus & Sizing Europe to win. The others are e/w bets. I have also combined 3 of them in an e/w Trixie.

Guest Pistonbroke

1.30 Universal Soldier e/w 14/1

2.05 Cotton Mill e/w 10/1

2.40 Join Together e/w 6/1

3.20 Finian's Rainbow e/w 11/2

4.00 Cape Dutch e/w 16/1

4.40 Royal Bonsai e/w 16/1

5.15 The New One e/w 11/1

Those are my e/w bets...still studying form and shit before picking a few to win....hopefully.

Day 2 (sure to be a let down after 3 winners yesterday):

1:30 Soll, Lively Baron (each-way)

2:05 Monksland

2:40 Bobs Worth

3:20 Sizing Europe

4:00 Get Me Out Of Here, Act Of Kalanisi (each-way)

4:40 Gorgeous Sixty, Argocat (each-way)

5:15 Sir Johnson, Cool George (each-way)

I'm in balls deep today! Will sit tomorrow out if I don't have a good day today. It's all about Grand Crus today for me. I've followed this horse for a while, since it's hurdling days. Also, I go on a horse racing forum and a few people have said that there are strong whispers coming from Ireland for Pique Sous in the bumper. Mullins has a good record in this race and with Ruby Walsh on board, this looks like the pick of his runners in the race. My picks for today are:

1:30 - Teaforthree (win and in 7 horse e/w acca), Strongbows Legend (e/w) and Universal Soldier (e/w)

2:05 - Monksland (win and the e/w acca)

2:40 - Grand Crus (WIN, WIN, WIN.....and the e/w acca)

3:20 - Sizing Europe (just in the e/w acca - think Big Zeb could give him a run though)

4:00 - Get me out of here (e/w and the acca), Act of Kalanisi (e/w) and Balgarry (e/w)

4:40 - Vendor (win and in the acca - trainer is VERY bullish about it's chances) and Dark and Dangerous (e/w)

5:15 - Pique Sous (e/w and in the acca)

See what happens........

This isn't a dig at you (it really isn't), but if you don't like that kind of stuff, then just don't watch the sport. It's the reality of the sport, so you gotta just deal with it. I hate these pretentious cunts who take that sort of stance on horse racing.

I very, very rarely watch horse racing, mainly as I find it hideously boring. But me not watching it doesn't mean horses don't get shot in the head.

To paraphrase you, the reality of, say, fox hunting is that foxes die, so you just gotta deal with it. I hate these pretentious cunts who take that sort of hypocritical stance on fox hunting.

Guest Pistonbroke
I'm in balls deep today! Will sit tomorrow out if I don't have a good day today. It's all about Grand Crus today for me. I've followed this horse for a while, since it's hurdling days. Also, I go on a horse racing forum and a few people have said that there are strong whispers coming from Ireland for Pique Sous in the bumper. Mullins has a good record in this race and with Ruby Walsh on board, this looks like the pick of his runners in the race. My picks for today are:

1:30 - Teaforthree (win and in 7 horse e/w acca), Strongbows Legend (e/w) and Universal Soldier (e/w)

2:05 - Monksland (win and the e/w acca)

2:40 - Grand Crus (WIN, WIN, WIN.....and the e/w acca)

3:20 - Sizing Europe (just in the e/w acca - think Big Zeb could give him a run though)

4:00 - Get me out of here (e/w and the acca), Act of Kalanisi (e/w) and Balgarry (e/w)

4:40 - Vendor (win and in the acca - trainer is VERY bullish about it's chances) and Dark and Dangerous (e/w)

5:15 - Pique Sous (e/w and in the acca)

See what happens........

Could be a ploy to shorten his odds and get his other horse Champagne Fever to drift out in the market.

Guest Pistonbroke

Just put an e/w accumulator on the first 4 races.

Harry the Viking

Sous Les Cieux

Join Together

Big Zeb

Still not decided on my three main tips to add to this and my e/w bets from above. Fuck it....

1:30 Soll

2.05 Sous Les Cieux

2:40 Grand Crus

See where i'm at after that lot before any more bets.

Teaforthree - E/W

Monksland - E/W

Finians Rainbow - E/W

Get me out of here - Win

Third Intentions - E/W

Kazilian - E/W

Moscow Mannon - E/W

Mainly E/W's today, only had one bet on yesterday and it came off big time (Rock on Ruby) stuck £24 on the above at all e/w so I should (hope!) break even at the least. See how it gos though, haven't really studdied for Cheltenham like I usually do.

Odds on Grand Crus were awful, decided to leave that one out.

Good luck everyone.