You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Day started badly with Peddlers Cross and Sonofvic in the first two races but then got better.

Smad Place e/w at 28/1.

Riverside Theatre to win and Albertas Run e/w

In the next to last, 2nd and 4th e/w

Then in the lucky last I hammered into Sunnyhillboy and also had 2nd and 4th e/w too.

About £120-30 up for today, which makes up for the first two days. Hearing good things on forums about Chapoturgeon in the Foxhunters tomorrow, and will likely do what Pricewise in the Racing Post picks as he's provided a 14/1 and 13/2 winner over the past few days.

Did ok today.

Non runner in the first. Missed out on 40/1 5th place because wasn't able to bet with my paddy power or bet365 online account.

Each Way returns for Voler La Vadette and Cockney Mackem so can have a couple of quid on the last days racing which was my overall aim on tuesday.

Well done to all of you who had winners,especially £200 on Big Bucks,I've struggled for any winners so far this week.

Anyone help me out here, Ive never bothered doing accumulators before, but I done one today:

Sir Des Champs (Win)

Riverside Theatre (Win)

Oscar Whisky (Lose)

Midnight Appeal (Lose)

I stuck £3 on this but got £4.27 back, why do I get money back on this? all my horses never come in so I though I lost it.

I've ended up coming out of today with £1.27 profit and no loss haha.

Anyone help me out here, Ive never bothered doing accumulators before, but I done one today:

Sir Des Champs (Win)

Riverside Theatre (Win)

Oscar Whisky (Lose)

Midnight Appeal (Lose)

I stuck £3 on this but got £4.27 back, why do I get money back on this? all my horses never come in so I though I lost it.

I've ended up coming out of today with £1.27 profit and no loss haha.

You must have backed each way or bet on an offer through Betfair or Paddy Power etc?

Cheltenham accumulator wins Nicky Henderson stable lad 'around £1m' | Sport | The Guardian

A stable worker from Lambourn has gone into hiding after apparently landing the bet of a lifetime, winning a sum that rumours suggest was approaching £1m. The "lad", an Irishman in his late 40s who works for the trainer Nicky Henderson, placed his wager months ago, picking out five horses from his employer's yard, all of which have won at his week's Festival, netting him a life-changing sum.

The news was broken through Twitter last night by Clare Balding, broadcasting from the Festival for BBC Radio 5 Live. "The lad who looks after Finian's Rainbow had a 5-timer on Nicky Henderson winners & has won £1 million!" she tweeted. "Says he'll still be at work tomorrow." Others on Twitter later named him as Conor Murphy.

Reporters scrambled to contact the lucky punter, who is thought to have remained at Henderson's Seven Barrows stable on Thursday while the final runner in his bet was competing here. He was apparently contacted by phone by Sky but did not wish to be quoted and flatly refused the offer of an interview.

In ordinary circumstances, the bookmaker in such a case would attempt to make as much as possible from the related publicity. However Bet365, which is believed to have laid the bet, takes a different approach.

"We're pleased for all our customers who've had a winning day today but we don't discuss individual accounts," said the spokesman, Pat Cooney. "This one particular customer's had an extremely good time of it," he added, but refused to confirm any details.

The bet got off to a flying start on Tuesday when Sprinter Sacre was an easy winner of the Arkle Trophy at odds of 8-11. It stayed alive through Wednesday when Simonsig (2-1), Bobs Worth (9-2) and Finian's Rainbow (4-1) landed a series of top-class races and finally came to fruition on Thursday when Riverside Theatre (7-2) won the Ryanair Chase.

Had the bet been placed at those odds on Monday, to the £50 stake the lad is believed to have risked, his return would have been a mere £32,050. But his bet was placed towards the end of last year, when the odds on offer were much bigger.

David Williams of Ladbrokes estimated that at that time Sprinter Sacre would have been around 7-1, Simonsig 20-1, Bobs Worth 6-1, Finian's Rainbow 12-1 and Riverside Theatre 16-1 for accumulated odds of 259,895‑1. An especially clever feature of the bet is that it anticipated Simonsig would run in the Neptune Novice Hurdle, as he eventually did, at a time when most people expected him to take part in a different race at the Festival.

Contacted as he was leaving the racecourse, Henderson said: "It's absolutely wonderful. He's the nicest, kindest, gentlest man and he rides Finian's Rainbow every day. He's got more confidence in me than I have and he obviously took a rather strong view, before Christmas, I gather."

Asked if he expected the lad in question to turn up for work on Friday, Henderson laughed and replied: "He'd better."

It has been a sensational week for Henderson, whose six winners have taken his career total of Festival winners to 45, five clear of the previous record. His four winners on Wednesday was unprecedented for one day at the Festival and there may be better to come.

He sends another 13 horses to Cheltenham today, including the favourites for two races, one of which is Long Run in the Gold Cup, the most important race of the week.

After nearly losing my shirt this week, today bets are small staked £100 in total.

1.30 Hinterland £5e/w @ 20/1

2.05 Manifique Etoile £5 e/w @ 20/1

2.40 Boston Bob £20 win @ 5/4

3.20 Kauto Star £20 win @ 7/2

4.00 Enter Paradise £5 e/w @ 20/1

4.40 Open Heated £5 e/w @ 12/1

5.15 Ultimate £5 w/w @ 20/1

3.20 £5 twist f/cast Long Run & Kauto Star.

My bets are on, will post my selection in a bit, going to a meeting now.

Feel bad betting against Kauto Star, a horse that has won me so much money in the past.

Good luck everyone

---

Edit:

PEARL SWAN 6/1 £2 To Win

RAYA STAR 10/1 £2 E/W

INGLEBY SPIRIT 28/1 £1 E/W

BOSTON BOB 11/8 £2 To Win

LONG RUN 2/1 £4 To Win

CLOUDY LANE 5/1 £2 To Win

MY FLORA 10/1 £1 E/W

BOURNE 11/2 £3 To Win

DAN BREEN 22/1 £2 E/W

KUMBESHWAR 14/1 £2 E/W

FRENCH OPERA 16/1 £2 E/W

Decided against Kauto Star, think he's been rushed in to soon.

Super Heinz

1:30 Baby Mix

2.05 Ifyouletmefinish

2.40 Boston Bob

3.20 Long Run

4.00 Cloudy Lane

4.40 Oscar Nominee

5.15 De Boitron

Also got a single on Kauto just out of habit more than anything else.

Early start at work today so only likely to see the 1.30 and 2.05 races. First time in years I won't have seen the Gold Cup.

Decided i can't be arsed to go to work today. And mulling over not going back at all.

As a result i will be sitting infront of the TV and depositing £100 into my betting account and enjoying the last day of the festival.

This Boston Bob seems to be a favourite with the tipsters, might get on him.

Might need a good day's gambling if i am to be unemployed.

Decided i can't be arsed to go to work today. And mulling over not going back at all.

As a result i will be sitting infront of the TV and depositing £100 into my betting account and enjoying the last day of the festival.

This Boston Bob seems to be a favourite with the tipsters, might get on him.

Might need a good day's gambling if i am to be unemployed.

Repped as I like the cut of your jib.

Repped as I like the cut of your jib.

Cheers fella. Life is too short to be miserable. I've been wanting out of my job for months anyway, i've been lied to since last year by my company and in January they cut a contract i was working on, and told us they lost it. Truth was they didn't find it profitable enough but strung us along in the belief they were trying to get it back. I dread going to work every day as i don't like the workload, travelling and pressure of the current one - which i never wanted to do anyway. Had a week off recently where me and the mrs went to Ireland to see her family and just get away from it all - i knew when i got back that the day of resignation was close. Seems it was closer than i thought.

13:30 Hollow Tree @ 16/1 ew

14:05 Ubi Ace @ 25/1 ew

15:20 What a Friend @ 18/1 ew

Double

13:30 Pearl Swan

14:05 Citizenship

E/W

Acc

Baby Mix

Citizenship

Mount Benbulben

Long Run.

E/W

I know Fuck all about betting really just the obvious stuff but hopefully i can get some return on these.

I was about even +£5 after the first few days so fingers crossed I can take something decent home.

My mate whose dad is quite in the know texted me before to get on Cloudy Lane.

Sound like a decent bet, equine experts?

I have included Cloudy Lane in my selections for today.

If you look back through the thread you will see my strike rate so far in the festival has been patchy at best. I reckon the 4 oclock is probably one of the hardest to judge today as there are quite a few that could potentially have a good run.