You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wakefield, any shape on it ?

shanklins1

Me and a group of lads aged between 18-40 are heading to Wakefield this weekend, We have a nice hotel in the town centre, so happy thus far.

Can anyone recommend any bars and clubs etc that would suit everyone. We are not your muscled up orange gel boy types, basically just like a good drink and laugh.

Anybody ? cheers.............

It's a shite hole, my old man lives there.

There is one street (can't remember the name, but it's well known) thats full of clunge most nights.

'I can't believe it, they go out in just bra's and knicker's', he aint no wallflower either if you know what i mean.

It's a shite hole, my old man lives there.

There is one street (can't remember the name, but it's well known) thats full of clunge most nights.

'I can't believe it, they go out in just bra's and knicker's', he aint no wallflower either if you know what i mean.

It's called the Westgate Run, and it's fairly horrendous.

I concur with your assessment of it being a shithole.

Shanklins, get yourself on a train and go into Leeds.

Fuck me. Why are you going to Wakefield? It's a shithole and as rough as fuck. If you're looking for a fight and you've got a Scouse accent you're guaranteed to get one. In fact if you're not looking for one you'll probably get one anyway. Like Shandy says, get yourself to Leeds. It's one stop on the train or about £15 in a taxi.

Redder is spot on. I was offered a fight in Pizza Hut purely for the fact I was a Scouser. Got a cab and was followed by our perpetrators who wanted to carry on the incident. It was like a Heartbeat version of a quality chase in a film.

Cheers boys, we know it's kind of a hole, that really doesn't bother us. We was definitely thinking of going into Leeds but was thinking for an all dayer Sunday. Maybe we will do it Saturday and the run Sunday. It's a free trip so whatever, bring it on lol

I knew some bird from around there, South Kirby if I remember right. God she was a right dirty mare. I wore my knob out with that one, every orifice repeatedly the first night I went to hers, tied up with bungee cords, pastry cutters down the back, rubberwear, the lot. She loved it, the rougher the better. To top it off, she laid me on a massive jar of Tamazepam for the coach trip on the way home. Gear. Half 10 at Leeds coach station stoned off my mind, with a dazed head and a sore cock. Happy fucking days.

The other thing I remember is that Wakefield is a shithole, and the bus station is like a mashup between Deliverance and Zombie Apocalypse.

HTH

Guest ShoePiss

Why do people book hotels for places that they have no idea about and actually sound shit before you even investigate?

Do you want to go to Wakefield? No, it sounds shit. I've never heard of anything coming from Wakefield, oh Wakefield Trinity, I think they're a rugby team so it's bound to be shit.

It's like booking a hotel for Warrington.

As for research mate, it was chosen because several of the boys have been before and had a ball. With this type of trip its the company you are with not the place itself imo. Some of the best trips I've ever been on have been to absolute holes.

You're clearly a mentalist.

YNWA

RIP

As for research mate, it was chosen because several of the boys have been before and had a ball. With this type of trip its the company you are with not the place itself imo. Some of the best trips I've ever been on have been to absolute holes.

I hope for your sake your friends are double hard baastards / chuck norris.

Guest ShoePiss

Nah you're right there.

*shudders*

For some unbelievable reason I've know hen and stag parties go to Wakefield because "...it's somewhere different..." in comparison to Leeds, Newcastle etc. Fuck that, Homs* is different and I wouldn't go there at the moment. I'd rather have an infinite number of 'samey' nights out (for that, read decent pubs and ale and plenty of choice) in Leeds or here in Sheffield than a night out in Wakefield. I went once, that was enough.

Mind you, I did once go for a few beers on a Saturday night in Barnsley with The Prof.

* Haha, Homs.**

**I know that's not really funny.***

***Or is it?