You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Berlin

woodylfc

Alright lads, just booked flights to Berlin for my mates stag. Just wondering if anybody knows the best area to stay. It seems to be a rather large place and we want to be as close to the action as possible. Ideally we want as many clubs and pubs as possible. The odd strip club couldn't hurt either. I have been told Mitte is the place we should be heading for. Not sure if thats correct. Any info will be greatly received.

Thanks

Berlin is fucking superb.

East Berlin is the place for the top bars, clubs and, ahem, clubs. West Berlin is more shopping, etc, but still pretty good pubs too.

I've had two stags there and they were brilliant. If you get a chance and are interested in Hisory, do the third reich tour. Takes about 3 hours of walking around the city but is well worth it. It starts at the Gate.

I stayed here on one of my visits to Berlin:

Swissotel Berlin - Right on Kurfurstendamm | swissotel.com

Quite central, and I don't recall having to walk that far to get to loads of bars.

East Berlin is certainly trendier, but it's a bit harder to navigate if you don't know where you're going. Worth buying a Time Out guide.

One of the younger lads at work came back from a stag weekend in Berlin yesterday. His mob stayed at some big hostel and had a great time by all accounts. Apparently, the bar in the place was open all night.

He showed us pictures of the boys on the stag on some kinda 'beer bike' thing. Ten of them pedalling in a circular shaped bike contraption with a keg of beer in the middle. The 'barman' was in the middle, steering.

One of the younger lads at work came back from a stag weekend in Berlin yesterday. His mob stayed at some big hostel and had a great time by all accounts. Apparently, the bar in the place was open all night.

He showed us pictures of the boys on the stag on some kinda 'beer bike' thing. Ten of them pedalling in a circular shaped bike contraption with a keg of beer in the middle. The 'barman' was in the middle, steering.

I saw that when I went two years ago.

Berlin is superb, loads of bars by the river and an irish bar (Oscar Wilde's) near the bridge on the Friedrichstrasse.

Alright lads, just booked flights to Berlin for my mates stag. Just wondering if anybody knows the best area to stay. It seems to be a rather large place and we want to be as close to the action as possible. Ideally we want as many clubs and pubs as possible. The odd strip club couldn't hurt either. I have been told Mitte is the place we should be heading for. Not sure if thats correct. Any info will be greatly received.

Thanks

The stag isnt at the end of April is it?

Got one coming up then with Prague stag the following week - happy days

Thanks for the advice lads. Just booked some shithole apartment in Mitte. 450 Euro's for 9 of us for 3 nights. The reviews were a bit grim but all of the reviews gave it a 9 or 10/10 score for location

"These apartments are located in the centre of Berlin, a 5-minute walk from Hackescher Markt and Alexanderplatz Square"

Is this where we need to be ?

• 3 months later...

Area around Prenzlauerberg great for going out - trendy and cheap. Two interesting bars I was in were anarchist squat bar called 'Supermolly' and a STASI themed bar called 'Der firma' (the firm - unofficial name Stasi called themselves) that is on same street as STASI complex, think street name is Normenanstrasse. Best going there during the day for some 'East German' food.

Have been a few times. Advice I would give is if you go out boozing as you do in UK then you'll be going home just as Berliners are going out. Pubs don't get busy until midnight.