You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I gave up 1o years ago but smoke on stag do's and weddings. So I guess that makes me a social smoker

I quite like the fact that I can take it or leave it whilst all the weak minded fools complain that they're addicted to it.

Get a grip, if you really want to stop doing something then just stop doing it.

QUOTE=Markmywords;3250250]I gave up 1o years ago but smoke on stag do's and weddings. So I guess that makes me a social smoker

I quite like the fact that I can take it or leave it whilst all the weak minded fools complain that they're addicted to it.

Get a grip, if you really want to stop doing something then just stop doing it.

I always used to do this but ultimately you never really give up, always found it very tempting after 6 pints although think I am finally rid of the things now, not had one for months and don't intend to, good riddance! They are an absolute bastard to kick though cold turkey

• 5 weeks later...
Morning, navbasi. Just checking in. How's things?

Evening Champ! All good, still going strong. There were a few weak moments but managed to get through, I had a few spare patches so used one to make sure I didn't crack!! 5 months... Bloody flown by! Thanks as always.

• 5 weeks later...
Morning navbasi. Its your 6 months check up appointment. How's things?

Hi Champ, never amazes me how quickly a month goes by..... Sadly I had a few weak days, new job, new season, transfer window was all too much. I'm back off them now so it hasn't been completely smoke free 6 months but a few blips but back off them again now!!! Thanks as always for checking in!

Good to hear from you...was going to mark you as a DNA (just kidding). Its has been a testing week or two...

Does it help knowing that this thread is going to pop up each month or would you prefer not to have to do the walk of shame??

• 4 weeks later...
Navbasi, spotted you at the bottom of the This little girl.... thread

How ya doin?

Morning Champ! I'm doing good... Had a few blips last time round but life is a lot more settled than is has been the last month or 2.. The new job doesn't allow much time for me to be interacting with TLW Family as much as I would like and as much as I have done in the past..

Everything good with you?

I managed 28 days off the biffs but then had a spazz out while drunk and bought some.

I'm in a weird place right now because I am not smoking, nor do I want to smoke. But get a few beers down me and I'll have a smoke and not beat myself up about it.

Does this mean I've gone from being a smoker to a social smoker?

Also, if you add 'ix' to champ's name, you get the name of the drug which is supposed to aid stopping smoking. Coincidence?

Am I being a pest now? You ready to ride without stabilisers?

Haha! Never a pest, you defo helped along the way but yeah, I think I'm ready to take the stabilisers off... Don't think a few of the others are though so they might need some encouraging!!

Champix - Hahaha!

Haha! Never a pest, you defo helped along the way but yeah, I think I'm ready to take the stabilisers off... Don't think a few of the others are though so they might need some encouraging!!

Champix - Hahaha!

Good on yer.....go fly!

I was about to make an offer to the others but I dont think it was the correct choice of words for on here.! (Is there anything I can say without it being read the 'wrong' way?)