You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

like someone said, most of these social fuckers are basically cheap bastards who try to score free cigarettes. one of my mates does this. he doesn't consider himself a smoker as he doesn't buy cigarettes but smokes as many free ones as he can off of others.

i almost got started with cigarettes once. good thing i didn't pick it up and instead ended up doing shits like ganza and hashish. cigarettes are fucking expensive addiction man.every politician wants to make the smokers pay.

I gave up about 18 months ago and was off the ciggys for about 4 months and then went on holiday and started again thinking I could just smoke when I felt like it rather than full time, before I knew it a couple of ciggys here and there and I was back smoking again.

Day 1 of giving up properly today.

I used to do it when I went out for a bit.

It was just like a little "break" from the night every now and then, and a chance to have a gab with a mate or even chat up birds away from the noise of the club I would be in.

Also the nasty taste you get gets washed away nicely with a pint, ergo I only did it when I was having a bevvy.

Still stupid mind, I soon saw sense.

Remmie in smoke-bashing thread shocker.

Come on Remmington, people do stuff all the time that isn't necessarily wise or good for them, just because they fucking want to. Now that the whining muesli-munching gaylords have had it banned from just about everywhere because it makes their fucking clothes smell icky, how can you begrudge a group of people going to a separate area for a smoke together - or is that next on the nazi style banning agenda? Anything that people can relax and enjoy doing together can be described as social - even if it indirectly excludes the whingy fuckers that don't get it.

I gave up a while ago, but still have the odd one if I'm out on a session. Incidentally, since the ban came in I'm infinitely less considerate of non-smokers too - in fact, I smoke as close as I can to the cunts just to piss them off.

Smoking is cool and hard - and that's a fact. Smoke or don't smoke, but isn't it about time the we-know-what's-best-for-you police moved onto to something else? They won't though, because despite the bullshit myth of fear they peddled about second-hand cancer or whatever to get smoking banned in public, it was never about that and only about imposing their will on everyone else " for their own good".

Isn't it people who like smoking but don't like buying them?

Magic Sponge knows all about this. We have a lad in our circle of friends who Magic Sponge has probably bought 10 a week for, for around 4 years. He also runs out of money in the pub, in parties and anywhere else he needs to buy ale/part with money. Magic Sponge is saving for a house and wedding at the moment, it is safe to say if it wasn't for this lad, he would be about £1500 closer to his goal.

This same lad went the bar once whilst I was playing pool, it was a pound a pint, he went the bar with my money, tipped the barmaid, then put a pound on the pool table for the next game, then returned the change to me. His lack of shame is amazing.

Magic Sponge knows all about this. We have a lad in our circle of friends who Magic Sponge has probably bought 10 a week for, for around 4 years. He also runs out of money in the pub, in parties and anywhere else he needs to buy ale/part with money. Magic Sponge is saving for a house and wedding at the moment, it is safe to say if it wasn't for this lad, he would be about £1500 closer to his goal.

This same lad went the bar once whilst I was playing pool, it was a pound a pint, he went the bar with my money, tipped the barmaid, then put a pound on the pool table for the next game, then returned the change to me. His lack of shame is amazing.

Has he got you that pint yet the gobshite? :whistle:

Remmie in smoke-bashing thread shocker.

Come on Remmington, people do stuff all the time that isn't necessarily wise or good for them, just because they fucking want to. Now that the whining muesli-munching gaylords have had it banned from just about everywhere because it makes their fucking clothes smell icky, how can you begrudge a group of people going to a separate area for a smoke together - or is that next on the nazi style banning agenda? Anything that people can relax and enjoy doing together can be described as social - even if it indirectly excludes the whingy fuckers that don't get it.

I gave up a while ago, but still have the odd one if I'm out on a session. Incidentally, since the ban came in I'm infinitely less considerate of non-smokers too - in fact, I smoke as close as I can to the cunts just to piss them off.

Smoking is cool and hard - and that's a fact. Smoke or don't smoke, but isn't it about time the we-know-what's-best-for-you police moved onto to something else? They won't though, because despite the bullshit myth of fear they peddled about second-hand cancer or whatever to get smoking banned in public, it was never about that and only about imposing their will on everyone else " for their own good".

In amongst that hysterical crying it in about stuff that wasn't even said you have actually given a reason, that it's relaxing. I genuinely didn't know that. Obviously it's still hugely retarded but I at least know there is a goal of sorts now.

In amongst that hysterical crying it in about stuff that wasn't even said you have actually given a reason, that it's relaxing. I genuinely didn't know that. Obviously it's still hugely retarded but I at least know there is a goal of sorts now.

It has all been said, just not necessarily on this thread, or indeed expressly by your good self. That said, I reserve the right to rant, as we are constantly hearing (and having legislation passed as a result of) the hysterical cryings of the anti-smoking brigade, all of whom should just man the fuck up, and have a smoke.

For the record, I do not get hysterical, nor do I cry, for I am a man of the old school. If it's any consolation to the grooming masses of metrosexuals out there snivelling into their fruit smoothies, I fully intend to die younger as a result of living my life, as opposed to spending it constantly trying to stave off death.

I used to love having a cig with my mates. Be it in the pub, at a nightclub or on a break at work. It was social as it was something we did together. I never referred to myself as a social smoker because that would have been gay, but I did enjoy a smoke when out with my mates.

That Pierre's a right cunt.

What?

I used to love having a cig with my mates. Be it in the pub, at a nightclub or on a break at work. It was social as it was something we did together. I never referred to myself as a social smoker because that would have been gay, but I did enjoy a smoke when out with my mates.

Gayer.

Thats kinda the whole point

Its known as Smirting ..its going to big fuck off busy pubs or clubs,and having a excuse to go out to the smoking area where all the hot birds are ,and also having numerous smoking related chat up lines to break the ice with one of those birds

Correct!

I gave up about 18 months ago and was off the ciggys for about 4 months and then went on holiday and started again thinking I could just smoke when I felt like it rather than full time, before I knew it a couple of ciggys here and there and I was back smoking again.

Day 1 of giving up properly today.

I haven't smoked all day.....

* pats back for a good start to giving up....

I haven't smoked all day.....

* pats back for a good start to giving up....

My father gave up a couple of years ago. When I asked him, he said it was easy, he just thought of someone he really hated and refused to give the bastard any more in taxes. That would probably work with Osborne as well.

You can do it fella.......kick that filthy habit

Cheers Champ. 3rd day today and I thought it would be a lot harder. The fag I miss most is the one in the morning. The first couple of days it was hard but this morning, didn't even think about it.

I'm going cold turkey but I brought some patches just in case but haven't needed to use them...... yet.

Cheers Champ. 3rd day today and I thought it would be a lot harder. The fag I miss most is the one in the morning. The first couple of days it was hard but this morning, didn't even think about it.

I'm going cold turkey but I brought some patches just in case but haven't needed to use them...... yet.

Never smoked so can offer no 'going through it with you' kinda stuff

Well in though

I''m rooting for you