You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Is it that strange? I like nicotine but hate stinking of ciggies when at home, plus all the hangups of smoking regularly such as stained teeth etc. so i'll have one or two when i'm in the boozer. The only time i'll have a smoke when i'm not in a social situation is if i'm working to meet a deadline/late into the night and need to concentrate.

You're not addicted so you decide to make your breath stink and damage your own heath for no obvious benefit? Does it make you loosen up and talk more like alcohol? I really don't get how it strengthens a social bond.

I suppose that made more sense when you could smoke in pubs and when more people smoked.

Nowadays as you have to go outside whilst your friends are still inside it is more like antisocial smoking.

Thats kinda the whole point

Its known as Smirting ..its going to big fuck off busy pubs or clubs,and having a excuse to go out to the smoking area where all the hot birds are ,and also having numerous smoking related chat up lines to break the ice with one of those birds

I know plenty of people who do this (I've never seen the attraction), and they all reckon you get a little head-rush when you have a "social smoke" after having a few drinks. I'd rather just sink a couple of tequilas and a jaegarbomb for my head rush.

I always thought it was a fictional device to allow smokers who say they'd given up smoking to smoke when they're on a night out, while still pretending they've given up.

This is why I do it,it makes me feel I'm still on the right track even though I've blown a weeks worth of determination by not smoking.

Still though,they are fucking horrible things yet id love one now.

Might pop down and pour out a glass of whiskey and light up. Il be drinking like a mad thing as an excuse to smoke,and end up losing a liver instead of a lung.

You're not addicted so you decide to make your breath stink and damage your own heath for no obvious benefit? Does it make you loosen up and talk more like alcohol? I really don't get how it strengthens a social bond.

Are cigars addictive? I don't think people even inhale cigar smoke.

Guest ShoePiss

Just found this, it seems it's even more involved than I thought.

Pipe Smoking Guide

Guide to Pipe Smoking - Introduction

So you’ve decided to smoke a pipe? Wise decision! Pipe smoking is one of the most relaxing and pleasurable experiences that a person can enjoy. Smoking a pipe is a distinguished pleasure and you have chosen to join the elite few who call themselves pipe smokers.

As such, always smoke your pipe with respect for others and observe proper smoking etiquette.

There's an almost infinite variety of pipe tobacco available, some of which may offend people around you, so consider the people around you when choosing your tobaccos, especially if you will be indoors. Most of all enjoy the pleasure and peace that smoking a good tobacco pipe can bring.

When cared for properly, your pipes will become favorite friends who will provide you years of relaxing enjoyment.

Of course, pipe smoking requires a certain degree of skill and concentration to maximize your enjoyment of the briar. There are perhaps thousands of people who have imagined themselves as pipe smokers only to give it a try and suffer through it because they didn’t have anyone to teach them the proper methods of pipe smoking.

Avoid the pitfalls and frustrations of learning to smoke a pipe the hard way and allow us to help you to full smoking enjoyment.

Guest ShoePiss
Smoking in general I don't get!

For the weak and uncool!

Yeah right, you're one of those talked about in the above guide that tried smoking a pipe but didn't have that certain degree of skill and concentration.

Yeah right, you're one of those talked about in the above guide that tried smoking a pipe but didn't have that certain degree of skill and concentration.

No I have common sense and realise smoking is really not good for you!

That and I have asthma! haha