You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Do we miss Lucas

Christianlfc

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We miss Lucas. I want to see him, Stevie G, and Henderson as our starting line up with Adam giving Stevie the occasional breather.

Look how he closedvout Ya Ya Toure, look at howhis passes find the feet, atvthe right pace. Nothing fancy, just a highly efficient engine room!

We don't miss Lucas. Lucas doesn't bring anything special to the team. We have gone too low to remember an average player. We are too spoon fed by averageness of the team especially in midfield. Sad but true.

I would miss the likes of Xavi, Alonso or Iniesta (if they play for us) but surely not Lucas. Its funny now cause majority of us now accept mediocrity. Club like us should accept nothing less than excellence.

If you think Lucas is mediocre then you are obviously either halftard or twisted on crack.

Lucas has been our best player for the past 2 maybe 3 seasons, and if hes mediocre then what does that make Gerrard, Suarez, Reina, Agger even Torres?

You should take your Username, hold it to your temple an squeeze.

Lucas, Stevie and Henderson/Adam for me, Henderson if he plays has to play in the middle, hopefully we will finally get a right winger in the summer, its crazy we have been so long without one. Henderson will be a very good player in a couple of seasons, but he needs to be playing to continue developing. He has shown flashes of his ability, but when he is on the right I call him th

e invisible man, not his fault he is being asked to play there tho.

please play jordon in his best position kenny.

• 4 weeks later...

I know stats don't prove much and correlation is not causation, but here's our league form before and after Lucas's injury.

With Lucas

P.12 W.6 D.4 L.1 For=17 Against=11 Pts-23

Without Lucas

P.18 W.5 D.4 L.9 For=19 Against=21 Pts-19

With Lucas, we were inconsistent. Now we are all-too fucking consistent.

I know stats don't prove much and correlation is not causation, but here's our league form before and after Lucas's injury.

With Lucas

P.12 W.6 D.4 L.1 For=17 Against=11 Pts-23

Without Lucas

P.18 W.5 D.4 L.9 For=19 Against=21 Pts-19

With Lucas, we were inconsistent. Now we are all-too fucking consistent.

What does a with Gerrard w/o Gerrard look like I wonder.

Guest TK-421

It's the "against" column which makes for stark reading. Okay, we were struggling to find the net with Leiva in the team, but without him we can't buy a clean sheet.

It's the "against" column which makes for stark reading. Okay, we were struggling to find the net with Leiva in the team, but without him we can't buy a clean sheet.

I reckon agger missing has a huge effect on that too not too mention missing Johnson and then Kelly and Enrique's form dropping. We do miss Lucas, he's a good player and Christ our midfield needs better players but I think it's over stated how much we miss him, give me a finisher or lucas I'd pick the finisher every time and I think we'd be top 4 this season.

I reckon agger missing has a huge effect on that too not too mention missing Johnson and then Kelly and Enrique's form dropping. We do miss Lucas, he's a good player and Christ our midfield needs better players but I think it's over stated how much we miss him, give me a finisher or lucas I'd pick the finisher every time and I think we'd be top 4 this season.

More often than not we replaced Lucas with two players, can't do that with Agger too and still have places for strikers.

The home 'goals against' column is second only to City with 12. The away 'against' column (last I checked) is the same as Tottenham (21) but worse than Everton or Chelsea. It's the 'for' column that is a massive punch in the face.

Guest TK-421

Agger was a big loss, no doubt, but he was playing against Bolton and we still let in three. That's just one example of many where runners from midfield have caused havoc, Ben Arfa being the latest.

My boss said to me today "I'll tell you who you miss - Lucas".

"Agreed".

We miss him in so far as he has grown into a tidy player in a position where we don't have much quality.

But the pitiful displays of surrender in some of our games since the turn of the year has little to do with him not being around.

The sheer amount of times Lucas stops counter attacks coming at the team is invaluable. His tenacity in the tackle is as good as any defencive midfielder in the world and his vision isn't given enough credit by enough of our supporters.

Anyone who plays football knows how disheartening it can be to know that as soon as you receive the ball someone is aggressively coming to get it back. Lucas more often than not, is positioned perfectly behind the ball receiving midfielder to start hassling as soon as the player is in possession. Spearing is excellent at this too. When fit I would play the both of them in defencive midfield.

......Kelly Skrtle Agger Enrique.......

............Spearing Lucas.........

........Johnson..........Bellamy......

...................Gerrard ............

...................Suarez..........

Pretty sure we've already established that the more tackles you make, the shitter you are. If 93.2% of these tackles are followed immediately by a coward's pass, all that stat actually proves is that Lucas should be bundled in a sack and drowned in the nearest river.