You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Carra

It wasn't at the time. Hicks and Gillette were still the owners and RBS hadn't yet called in the loans. Carragher's contract was signed when the club's ownership was about to change hands and therefore it's a completely different situation. So you're wrong there.

Source?

He mightn't have been in league with H+G but he was trying to make footballing decisions that weren't within his remit, Insua's loan/sale and Joe Cole's signature for example. He also helped in getting rid of Rafa. Which despite your assertion, wasn't the right decision as his successor failed.

I haven't said anything about Gerrard. The board was reconstituted when Broughton came on board and he was the only one who could reshape it, even Hicks and Gillette weren't allowed to as evidenced by their failed bid to do so. I never said Purslow was in leagues with H+G and that's a baseless assumption of yours. Given all of that, if Ayre or Purslow didn't vote in favour of NESV, Broughton could have reshuffled the board so Purslow had to vote that way. Not that it matters, Purslow wasn't about H+G or Broughton. Sure enough, when NESV took over, Purslow remained at the club, perhaps not in employ but there nonetheless. What about Broughton? Yeah he sacked Rafa and it was the wrong call. So what? Doesn't mean he wasn't right to get rid of H+G, as was his job.

And again. You should see a doctor about that fetish.

So tell me again how Purslow tried to destroy the club? Or was that hysterical drivel? No doubt brought on by some weird obsession you have.

It did get worse, we started life after Rafa in relegation form and ended Kings management with similar form 2 years later.

You remove a manager to make things better, were worse on the pitch and to prove the point any more, if it needed proving, we still have 7 of the 11 first choice Inspite of spending 150 million in the following 2 years up to the end of last season.

Rafas last season we still had Masch and Benny and also Torres still in it.

Also Gerrard playing 33 premier league games in Benitez s final season.

He managed to get us to 7th.

Also he had not won any silverware since the 2005/06 season.

We were playing some of the worst football I have ever seen us play as well that season.

It has nothing to do with how much we have spent etc etc since he went.

The simple matter is he had to go.

You know, I think we are really, really close to resolving once and for all the following issues:

(a) Rafa's time at the club

(b) Carra's role behind the scenes

© Purslow's delusion's of grandeur

(d) FSG's strategy

(e) Alonso's treatment

(f) Kenny's sacking

(g) Rodger's appointment

(h) Hodgson's time here

(i) How legendary a certain player may or may not be

I think a couple more pages of hard work here, and I truly think all of the above are finally going to be laid to rest. I can't imagine any situation where anyone will ever need to mention them again, if the next two or three pages of discussion go to plan. THis is how momentous this thread has become. I'm quivering right now at the sheer enormity of the achievement we have collaborated on here today.

Come on guys, we can do it! A few more well-reasoned responses, and we have cured LFC! The time is ours. We are the pinnacle of human endeavour. I remain quivering with excitement.

Well, this certainly didn't come to pass. We fucked up guys. We had our chance, and we fucked it. We are not the pinnacle of human endeavour. We are, at best, Rain Man, but less adaptable.

Guest ShoePiss
Seeing as though you felt the need to pm me and visited my profile, i'd say that you took notice.

You fucking fanny.

Visit your profile? Haha you fucking weirdo, it probably happened because I wanted to send you a pm after you negged me with a snide message.

Shithouse.

We have. And most have moved on. The rot had already set in before Roy Hodgson ever set foot in town or have you forgotten how abject we were in 2009-10? Obviously you have.

So you're still sticking up for Roy ? And yet I thoughts you'd moved on ? You're as much a clown with your anti Rafa bleating as the Rafa Rawkites. Equally as eye bleeding.

2009-10, when we won more games, earned more points, scored more goals and conceded less than in either of the last two seasons ?

BTW did you pay HJC the money for our bet ? You know the ' we won't be in relegation trouble if Rafa leaves, anyone can do his job' ?

BTW did you pay HJC the money for our bet ? You know the ' we won't be in relegation trouble if Rafa leaves, anyone can do his job' ?

Have you paid yours seeing we never have been in any form or shape in relegation trouble since he left, we have just won our first tropy in 6 years instead.

Have you paid yours seeing we never have been in any form or shape in relegation trouble since he left, we have just won our first tropy in 6 years instead.

I thought cups won on Penalties didn't matter as much?. Isn't that what you said a couple months ago?.

"If you are in the relegation zone, then you are in a relegation battle” Roy Hodgson, Oct-10

Liverpool not too big for relegation battle, says Roy Hodgson, after Blackpool loss - Telegraph