You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Carra

Correct. Just one of many players to have taken advantage whilst the club has been in its greatest state of disarray. On the hook for £9 million to Cole and Carragher this season. I bet its enough to make Henry's stomach turn.

Bet you think we should send a strongman to Wirral and collect the £6m Rafa got as part of the pact he made with Tom Hicks while the club was in its greatest state of disarray? We could do with those money this summer.

Strongly disagree with this. He has been injured and out of form since the new contract, and was in decline at the time it was awarded. 13.5m over three years was insane. The contracts dished out to carragher, Joe Cole and Paul konchesky that summer were disastrous.

Mate, we're a top premier team, generally you pay for what you get. Carra is a top class playe, a key man and a club legend, hes a red and brings the reall scouse heartbeat and mentality to the club.

If citeh are paying 200k to their players I don't think 90 is bad for Carra. Wether it's a symptom of the teams decline or not, his level has fallen off dramatically, which couldn't have been foreseen then. I still think with better protection from midfielder and better team play overall he can still be effective and his attitude and experience etc his inspiration seems to give us most when we're playing well and competing, rather than being outclassed.

Konchesky was just the wrong man and should never have been signed, Joe Cole, not a fan myself, but if Rodgers can inspire he could do a job.

Johnny, I think you're right, we're to divided, I think the two twats who sold to the two twats broke us in a way that can never be fixed unless we have another momentus moment like a league or european cup win, which is years off!

Ain't that the truth, Ruth. Rodgers appointment is massive, I'm optimistic for success, but if it fails then you know what will be next, you can already see the seeds in this thread.

Who succeeds Rodgers, Rafa vs Carra, we'll tear ourselves apart !

Bet you think we should send a strongman to Wirral and collect the £6m Rafa got as part of the pact he made with Tom Hicks while the club was in its greatest state of disarray? We could do with those money this summer.

Ffs, Rafa signed his contract like Carra did and took his pay off like Kenny did. They all did what everyone would.

Or the £10m+ it cost to hire and fire Roy Hodgson because some misguidedly felt we needed an English manager.

Rafa left the contract on the table until he got the concessions he wanted. Concessions which were then ignored when good old Purslow turned up.

If citeh are paying 200k to their players I don't think 90 is bad for Carra. Wether it's a symptom of the teams decline or not, his level has fallen off dramatically, which couldn't have been foreseen then.

Which is why clubs only tend to offer players that age one year deals. Carragher and his agent pushed and pushed for two years, and got it in what did look from the outside to be fairly dubious circumstances the day before the club was sold. I said at the time it was stupid from the club because we'd be paying him massive wages at age 35 when he won't be at the same level as at age 32 when he signed it as even then his level had dipped from the outstanding defender he was a couple of years before then.

He should have got a one year deal. Now we're stuck paying him massive wages for another season which will impact on our budget this summer - as does Joe Cole for example. He's on more than Skrtel and Agger which can't be healthy, especially when it comes to Skrtel's agent in contract talks.

We all know Carragher's a legend, but he should have just been happy with the one year in my opinion. More fool Purslow for giving him the two that he kept pushing for.

You know, I think we are really, really close to resolving once and for all the following issues:

(a) Rafa's time at the club

(b) Carra's role behind the scenes

© Purslow's delusion's of grandeur

(d) FSG's strategy

(e) Alonso's treatment

(f) Kenny's sacking

(g) Rodger's appointment

(h) Hodgson's time here

(i) How legendary a certain player may or may not be

I think a couple more pages of hard work here, and I truly think all of the above are finally going to be laid to rest. I can't imagine any situation where anyone will ever need to mention them again, if the next two or three pages of discussion go to plan. THis is how momentous this thread has become. I'm quivering right now at the sheer enormity of the achievement we have collaborated on here today.

Come on guys, we can do it! A few more well-reasoned responses, and we have cured LFC! The time is ours. We are the pinnacle of human endeavour. I remain quivering with excitement.

Sorry, where exactly have complained about Carra's wage on this thread?

I have no problem with him getting a good contract. At the time it was awarded to him he was a key player and had been for a while.

As you said - even if you've got a problem with his contract (which I don't, though I think he should be sold now in order to look to the future), its not his fault the club offered him it.

It's the getting your nickers in a twist about Carraghers supposed attacks on Rafa I was referring to when saying your posts were terrible.

Guest TK-421
Mate, we're a top premier team, generally you pay for what you get. Carra is a top class playe, a key man and a club legend, hes a red and brings the reall scouse heartbeat and mentality to the club.

If citeh are paying 200k to their players I don't think 90 is bad for Carra. Wether it's a symptom of the teams decline or not, his level has fallen off dramatically, which couldn't have been foreseen then. I still think with better protection from midfielder and better team play overall he can still be effective and his attitude and experience etc his inspiration seems to give us most when we're playing well and competing, rather than being outclassed.

Konchesky was just the wrong man and should never have been signed, Joe Cole, not a fan myself, but if Rodgers can inspire he could do a job.

Hello mate, good to see you back in action on here.

A few points in reply to yours: if we start doing things because it's what man city do we're fucked.

Carragher WAS a top player, no doubt. But at the time he was awarded the new contract we weren't a top club. No champions league footy, new owners and Roy as manager.

The timing of it was terrible and we're suffering for it now. We have a player on big wages who has badly struggled to hold down a place since his new contract. It's simply a waste of resources, i don't see how people can view it any other way.

We have a player on big wages who has badly struggled to hold down a place since his new contract. It's simply a waste of resources, i don't see how people can view it any other way.

I don't think anyone would disagree with this, but when you read this thread you get the impression that Carra is the first player in the history of the club to hold a contract he's not justifying with equal level of performances. That being said I'm pretty relaxed about overpaying Carra for a couple of years when you look at what we've paid the likes of Degen, Voronin and the likes who offered fuck all to the club.

But we all know the real reason why certain people are whining about Carra any chance they get, don't we?

Are you actually asking if there should be a rule for this?

Obviously not, but when people keep saying he does not justify his wages based on the clubs economy and that the money could be used elsewhere why not turn it around and look at it from a different angle.

Obviously not, but when people keep saying he does not justify his wages based on the clubs economy and that the money could be used elsewhere why not turn it around and look at it from a different angle.

Is this just me being thick - I can't see how:

Should players who have been brought through the clubs youth system get higher salary that players being bought in on the same level?

is turning around the question of weather or not he is "earning his money"

See when they were talking about Gerrard and Parker getting rested.

Carra saying theres nothing on the bench to replace them with , which is probably true , Henderson is poor but surely you should stick up for your team mate ? or at least make an attempt to spin it a bit in Hendersons favour ?

See when they were talking about Gerrard and Parker getting rested.

Carra saying theres nothing on the bench to replace them with , which is probably true , Henderson is poor but surely you should stick up for your team mate ? or at least make an attempt to spin it a bit in Hendersons favour ?

Good grief

Guest San Don
Will people fuck off analysing every comment he makes, it's fucking ridiculous.

Barry! New fucking star although I much prefer that brandi myself. WTF she sees in that partner of hers god only knows!

Anyhoo, got to agree with the above comments.

Just seems some people want to have digs at our biggest servant, benitez, houllier, gerrard, carragher etc, etc. Its fucking boring!