You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Carra

Terrible posts by the boy and French eye glass. Great posts by Dave and Johnny H. Rafa and Jamie both have played their part in our history, wages are completely insane in football anyway, you can't blame Carragher.

Hes not on 90k a week and for most of his career he was well underpaid in comparison to what a lot of his less talented team-mates were on. Hes played more games for the club than anybody else other than callaghan and never given less than 100% in any of them. Im struggling to think of many players who've done more to earn their wages over the years than carragher.

If hes being overpaid now, good luck to him as for years he was on less than people like kewell, cheyrou, diouf, aquilani, jovanovic etc

That's a fair shout.

I think the thing that gets peoples backs up regarding Carra's wages is the circumstances of his contract extension - sanctioned/awarded by Purslow the day before the takeover. From the outside the timing seemed dubious to say the least.

It's curious to discover that contract improvements can impact on a manager's ability to compete in the transfer market now.

That seemed to be universally contradicted in 2009, despite several players getting big improvements and the manager also rolling himself a nice big fattie!

Johnny, I think you're right, we're to divided, I think the two twats who sold to the two twats broke us in a way that can never be fixed unless we have another momentus moment like a league or european cup win, which is years off!

And that’s the simple truth. Success will bring unity.

Look at the Mancs. They are up to their ears in debt, but while they have the evil one in charge, they will continue to challenge for titles and that keeps riff raff quiet. If they go a few years without titles and slip back a bit in the league, then the divides and the arguments and the splits will start.

If Brendan Rodgers works out (and I can help but shake this weirdly confident feeling that he will) then we will become unified again. But I also think quite a few fans need to get some serious chips off their shoulders and start acting like they want unity. A few fans on this forum could be the starting point.

Guest davelfc
If he really loves the club why doesnt he bum it, marry it, then play for free?

Everyone knows once you marry it you never get to play again, except maybe on your birthday if you're lucky.

Club's need identity, a sense of history and place. With Kenny gone, only Carra and Stevie G offer that. Both legendary servants of the club by any definition of the word.

I find it curious the stick that Carra is getting whilst other pocket milions for very little.

Club's need identity, a sense of history and place. With Kenny gone, only Carra and Stevie G offer that. Both legendary servants of the club by any definition of the word.

I find it curious the stick that Carra is getting whilst other pocket milions for very little.

Well, that's part of the issue. They do get called on it. Walk into the transfer thread for any of the past three years and you'll read people posturing heroically about how terrible it is that these unworthy players(last year they were termed "the shite", sometimes it's just "the dross") are earning so much and how we've got to do something etc. Well, for the past two years, it doesn't appear that Carragher's wages have been in line with his current contribution to the team. Assuming people are genuine when they voice their concerns, then that should be an issue.

Terrible posts by the boy and French eye glass. Great posts by Dave and Johnny H. Rafa and Jamie both have played their part in our history, wages are completely insane in football anyway, you can't blame Carragher.

Sorry, where exactly have complained about Carra's wage on this thread?

I have no problem with him getting a good contract. At the time it was awarded to him he was a key player and had been for a while.

As you said - even if you've got a problem with his contract (which I don't, though I think he should be sold now in order to look to the future), its not his fault the club offered him it.

Guest the boy
Well, that's part of the issue. They do get called on it. Walk into the transfer thread for any of the past three years and you'll read people posturing heroically about how terrible it is that these unworthy players(last year they were termed "the shite", sometimes it's just "the dross") are earning so much and how we've got to do something etc. Well, for the past two years, it doesn't appear that Carragher's wages have been in line with his current contribution to the team. Assuming people are genuine when they voice their concerns, then that should be an issue.

Correct. Just one of many players to have taken advantage whilst the club has been in its greatest state of disarray. On the hook for £9 million to Cole and Carragher this season. I bet its enough to make Henry's stomach turn.

Should players who have been brought through the clubs youth system get higher salary that players being bought in on the same level?

No, they should get the same. Otherwise, why have a youth system with tons of money invested in it...