You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arsenal (Home) - 03/03/'12

Lario

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Missed a penalty, had 3 shots hit the post and Kelly somehow missing a tap in aswell as completely bossing this game. Yet somehow people make it sound like we were outclassed and never in it. Fucking retards go and stab yourselves.

This team only need a couple of changes. 2 top class attacking players and it would make the biggest of difference. Was saying it since long before the january window opened and our lack of activity there really surprised me, since our problems have been so obvious all season.

I need to cool off, this is a barbaric loss and a waste of my time in analysing it when I know FULL WELL that fuck all will happen on the back of it.

Go on Kenny, do the interview, say how unlucky we were, go pat Henderson and the lads on the back, go offer Carra another £80,000 a week extension, that's right, all nice and rosy, nothing to see here, we're like a charity for fucking shit footballers to see them comfortably into retirement.

I don't really understand this frothing insanity about fourth place.

It was quite obvious from about August that we wouldn't finish in the Top 4, because we spent too much money on too many mediocre players.

What's the point Boohoohooing about it now?

Our league form this season has been woeful, and there aren't any excuses.

Bottom line is Kenny & co have pissed away £120 million on players that have not improved the first team from this time last season one bit. We can keep making excuses and lowering our expectations as much as we like.

We've gone backwards if anything.

Kuyt (Thanks)

Henderson

Adam

Spearing

Reina (On the wane)

Carragher

Agger (Made of twigs shame).

Downing

Can all leave.

They've either had it, or are never going to be good enough.

Realistically for next season we need to replace 2/3rds of the team.

My mate who,s is mag said when he came back he was a dinosaur ,sadly he is getting proved right i love the man but i carnt see him takeing us any further

A Geordie I know said the same. Though I saw the warning signs when it became obvious we were signing the average Carroll for an obscene amount of money.

There's a lot of whoppers in this thread. We were the better team today, it was the same old story though: can't finish for toffee. We missed a penalty, the sixth we've missed this season, and hit the post twice. It defies all logic and reason. If we had a player who could finish like van Persie we'd be 6 points clear at the top.

How much of this is down to coaching? Clearly we've got ability. Why do we keep making these wrong decisions?

Well obviously the coaching staff can't escape criticism but the more I've watched us this season a certain idea has begun to formulate in my head.

I think we've got a good technically well rounded squad. We are capable of playing some good stuff. Where we seem to fail though is our decision making at crucial points in the game. And if you watch us you'll often find yourself thinking "That was fucking stupid" and not in the throwaway comment type of sense.

I mean literally fucking stupid, as in a lot of our players just do not think about what they are doing, or they're too fucking stupid to even think about that they're doing.

All I know is its been all season long and if it doesn't change next season whether through bringing new blood in or some of our lads just engaging their brains, we'll see the same fucking thing all over again for an entire season.

Guest ShoePiss
They stumped up the best part of £45 million net plus allowed Kenny to spend all the funds raised through sales over the previous couple of transfer windows.

The net result is no real improvement and 7th place. The team we played towards the end of last season was better. We've managed to go out with this ludicrous buy British policy and brought in players who are hugely expensive and poorer quality.

Why would Henry & co give the current regime any further funds? Personally I suspect Henry views Kenny as something the club need to get past before they can implement their plan of a young talented manager.

£35m. We have seen improvement, we're playing better and have a trophy. Lack of squad depth (an able replacement for Lucas) and a clinical finisher is what has cost us.

What buy British policy? Enrique and Coates are not British.

It was quite obvious from about August that we wouldn't finish in the Top 4, because we spent too much money on too many mediocre players.

I was boohooing in Sept. Got negged to shit.

ITS A BUMMER BEING RIGHT.

I'm not going to complain about the summer signings but instead I'm going to focus on the match.

The good

We played very well for the most part. Suarez was terrific throughout. Kuyt complemented him very well. Downing and Hendo were both good, delivered very good crosses into the box. Kelly and Skrtel were very solid throughout as per.

The bad

Charlie Adam - He really stood out today, he looked like he didn't belong.

Jamie Carragher - I love him, but I hope that was his last start for us, as he's clearly finished.

Finishing - As usual, we weren't the best in front of goal, but we all know that already.

I'd have Rafa back all day, all fucking day.

Our home record has been, and I dont think this is an overreaction, totally embarrassing for the club.

Get rid of these players or they'll get rid of you, I can't be any more honest than that Kenny. Sterling and Shelvey cannot be any less ineffectual than Adam and Henderson.

Nice stat about Gerrard by the way, I hope someone points that out to him.

Your a fuckin idiot, and a cunt for good measure, is Rafa Benitez gona some how stop us missing penalties or stop Reina fuckin gifting teams goals, and your Gerrard Reference, how many have we not won when he wasn't playing or does that matter

There's a lot of whoppers in this thread. We were the better team today, it was the same old story though: can't finish for toffee. We missed a penalty, the sixth we've missed this season, and hit the post twice. It defies all logic and reason. If we had a player who could finish like van Persie we'd be 6 points clear at the top.

Kelly missed a sitter too.

We should have been out of sight in that game but I'm getting sick of saying it's bad luck. We really need a finisher.

Because a good proportion of the forum are now realising what some of us were saying during the summer. It happens on here all the time.

Missed a penalty, had two shots hit the post and Kelly somehow missing a tap in aswell as completely bossing this game. Yet somehow people make it sound like we were outclassed and never in it. Fucking retards go and stab yourselves.

This team only need a couple of changes. 2 top class attacking players and it would make the biggest of difference. Was saying it since long before the january window opened and our lack of activity there really surprised me, since our problems have been so obvious all season.

Screen_Shot_2012_03_03_at_14_59_38.png

Fuck off.

I couldn't give a fuck if Kuyt and Henderson performed Le Sacre du Printemps with absolute precision bringing Carra to tears, never mind if we "hit the post twice".

Wake up and smell the coffee, or if you prefer, our shit-stain of a league position.

I don't even want to write a long post, but i have one thing to say to all those negative bastards who complain about shit with shitty arguments.

If Martin Kelly had scored and we had won 2-1, would you be fucking happy because we played a good game, and finally managed to score, or would you still write the same piece of shit that you have posted?

We played a good game. Created more than enough chances, kept them from chances, but still couldn't win. You cannot do anything about that as a coach.

Because, this forum is full of sanctimonious super-fan fucks who daren't question our team or those leading it.

Of course, to a fair few of us, the mediocrity of our team was palpable, but it takes until May for others to realise how shit we are.

This season has been a shambles on and off the field. Kenny no longer has a magic wand. We wasted all our money on shite in the summer, continue to stick with the shite, fail to take our chances and fail to deal with the Suarez issue. The owners have big decisions to make and I am all for change now, just not sure who can change it. I love Kenny but at the end of the day I am not going to be sentimental and give him more of a chance than any other. All this club ever does is look into the past and think about the future. We fail to look at the present. Everyone would have gone mental if Roy had have spent what Kenny did on the shit he bought.

I'm not going to complain about the summer signings but instead I'm going to focus on the match.

The good

We played very well for the most part. Suarez was terrific throughout. Kuyt complemented him very well. Downing and Hendo were both good, delivered very good crosses into the box. Kelly and Skrtel were very solid throughout as per.

The bad

Charlie Adam - He really stood out today, he looked like he didn't belong.

Jamie Carragher - I love him, but I hope that was his last start for us, as he's clearly finished.

Finishing - As usual, we weren't the best in front of goal, but we all know that already.

The Strikers were terrific and the problem was the finishing? Kuyt missed a pen and the follow up. Suarez had a shot saved and missed a sitter.

Strikers need to score to be terrific.

Well obviously the coaching staff can't escape criticism but the more I've watched us this season a certain idea has begun to formulate in my head.

I think we've got a good technically well rounded squad. We are capable of playing some good stuff. Where we seem to fail though is our decision making at crucial points in the game. And if you watch us you'll often find yourself thinking "That was fucking stupid" and not in the throwaway comment type of sense.

I mean literally fucking stupid, as in a lot of our players just do not think about what they are doing, or they're too fucking stupid to even think about that they're doing.

All I know is its been all season long and if it doesn't change next season whether through bringing new blood in or some of our lads just engaging their brains, we'll see the same fucking thing all over again for an entire season.

All of that is bang on. But the players need to learn and to be coached into making the right decisions. Clearly thet's not happening and if Kenny isn't doing it either he needs to bring someone in who can or to be replaced altogether. Like you said, we've got the ability which is proved time and time again when we boss games but the final decision making is all fucked up.

No disaster losing to Arsenal, especially given we were the better side and they had two chances, got two goals.

However given we had already drawn around 7 or 8 games at home prior to this match, had the lowest convertion of chances in the league and Newcastle (who sold us two of their best players) are above us - means it is not a good result.

We have spent a lot of money on Carroll, Henderson, Downing (still 0 league goals or assists this season and it is March) and Adam. But we have been better without those players - with Maxi, Meireles, Kuyt and Suarez we were best and those attacking players have not added anything but cost £70+ million.

We have lacked a finisher all season. RVP had two chances today and got two goals. In the past we have had players who would do that for us in Fowler, Owen and Torres. But we don't have a finisher and it has cost us all season.

I actually thought we played quite well in the first half today, but in the second half we didn't get going again, although Arsenal didn't help with their time wasting. Although we did have chances again that we didn't take, notibly Downing not finding Suarez with an ease pass, Kelly missing a sitter etc. We also missed another penalty.

But we can't keep blaming luck, the table doesn't lie and we have not been good enough and the new players aren't good enough. I wouldn't be upset to see any of Carroll, Adam, Henderson or Downing leave... although I would keep Henderson, as I think he has talent.

In the summer we need to buy a whole new attack. Keep Suarez and Bellamy, but replace the rest, possibly promote someone like Sterling and try and get players like Hazard and Cavani, although not sure that is possibly without Champs League football.

We also need to realise Gerrard is not our savour anymore. He is rarely fit and even when played in the league this season, we haven't won a match which he has started in the league. If he plays it is a bonus, but we can't assume he will be fit or will produce brilliance time and time again like he did in the past.

Dalglish has made some poor decisions this season. Like today, I don't know why Bellamy wasn't brought on with only 3 minutes to go - in a game we had to win. Just odd! I also think we haven't used Maxi enough, as his scoring record is superb since Dalglish has been here.

We do a lot of things right. Defensively we are good, on the whole. Lucas will improve our centre midfield. But only Bellamy and Suarez look good enough in attack for me and I would like to see us sell the rest and bring in some new, fresh and exciting players.. ones that could make the difference, as Downing, Carroll etc don't!