You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Macheda charged over homophobic tweet

Guest San Don

Guest ShoePiss
What a load of shite, I call my mates queers and faggots all the time.

Seriously, people need to lighten up.

Same with the racism thing to. Being honest lads, how many people here have referred to a particular black person on tv as a "nigger". I'm not saying its ok to call someone a nigger, far from it, but none of us can honestly say we've never used the word.

Just because you have used a word doesn't mean you're a racist. It's just a word

I'd bet not that many, being honest.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since when did it become a phobia? Thanks to trendy liberalism anything derogatory about bummers now implies you're actually scared of them. Which I'm not, obviously*

* apart from some creepy looking big lezzas

Perhaps it is so-called due to the fact that the hate and bile either comes from fear of the different or most likely the fear of acknowledging the hater's own homosexual longings.

What a load of shite, I call my mates queers and faggots all the time.Seriously, people need to lighten up.

Same with the racism thing to. Being honest lads, how many people here have referred to a particular black person on tv as a "nigger". I'm not saying its ok to call someone a nigger, far from it, but none of us can honestly say we've never used the word. Just because you have used a word doesn't mean you're a racist. It's just a word

It's all about context. If Samuel L Jackson calls one of his homies a nigger, no problem, if a palyer addresses Garth Crooks like that in an interview, there is a problem!

so if macheda is found guilty can i expect to see a man utd press conference with a lawyer explaining why, actually, he's innocent?

Well if they do, I'm sure you and Tom can head on over there and give them advice about how they should be waving a white flag instead.

So a former United player accepts a charge of "bringing the game into disrepute" due to a homophobic tweet, and now a current United player is charged with the same thing.

Looks like something systemic to me.

Time for another press/FA witch-hunt.

Don't forget Ferdinand a couple of years ago. Disgraceful, and there's certainly no smoke without fire. We know what sort of behaviour is taught at Old Trafford.

Is calling someone an AIDS-riddled faggot really homophobic?

"Don't know, just asking the question" - Oliver "Ollie" Holt

Macheda is a disgrace and shouldn't ever play for Man Utd again at any level.

You forgot to add "That great club" or some other half-baked compliment to try to give the illusion of being even-handed rather than blatantly prejudiced.

tranny-bash-5.jpg

"Lighten Up": Chris Bonnie yesterday

Same with the racism thing to. Being honest lads, how many people here have referred to a particular black person on tv as a "nigger". I'm not saying its ok to call someone a nigger, far from it, but none of us can honestly say we've never used the word.

Just because you have used a word doesn't mean you're a racist. It's just a word

No, I never have used that word to reference a black person on TV, or anywhere. I'd expect many others are the same.

I also don’t use “faggot”, but I do say “ponce” and “puff” all the time when referencing someone been shit at something, or a bummer. The reason I don’t use the word “faggot” is only because it’s not in my every day vernacular. I may start using it now though.

People now actively look for things to offend them. They search high and low and on occasion actually have to sit back and decide whether or not they are offended. It’s truly pathetic. People are making a career out of it.

The use of words must surely depend upon the intent?

I have used racist, homophobic, disabled and other phrases that quite frankly are horrible, but used them within my circle of freinds and as a joke, not in conversation. My freinds wife is black and children are mixed race, but we do joke about racism, and use language that in any other context and certainly in public would rightly be deemed offensive.

But not one of use would defend the use of the words in public, and would never defend the context if it is used in public. I am certainly not confused over the accepted use of Ginger Bastard as opposed to Black Bastard.

I also have a coupld of gay freinds and a godson who is servely handicapped! It is a fucking nightmare, I am constantly apologising. Selfish cunts.

Are you saying black people need to lighten up?

On a serious note, are the twitter comments of QPR no-marks, made off the field, really a matter for FA charges?

If a criminal offence has been committed it's a matter for the police. If footballers were always charged for making brainless comments and having inane views, few teams would be able to put out an eleven.

Not me. Why the fuck would you? Not sure if you have kids or not but would you happily refer to a black person on tv as nigger in front of them but then tell them not to use the word outside of the house?

That's one of the shittest posts I've read on here.