You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

He's going to be a big player for us if he's managed correctly (which he hasn't so far). Head of a 30-year old in a young body. Excellent technique, and his awareness in the middle of the park is very good too. Great passing and vision for a player that has hardly played league football (nevermind PL) this season. Think he'll jump ahead of Henderson and Spearing in the queue come next year, and deservedly so. He can also be used in all three positions in the middle (DM, CM, AM), as he has such a good footballing brain. Not bothered by his (relative) lack of pace at all, the speed in the brain more than weighs up for it. As I said earlier in the thread, if he can improve his physique a bit during the summer he'll be huge for us in the coming seasons.

Well excited by that display!

Oh, and to the haters: Moan all you want about him not playing in Bellamy, but taking the ball the other way to create an opening to shoot and then play the reverse pass would be one quality piece of football.

Fuck you Frode....if Shelvey got a run in the team he would improve us, simple as. The lad is class and needs some of the faith Kenny has shown in Henderson put in his direction. Im absolutely convinced he will be a player for us when he gets the chance.

Whenever I'm in doubt of my direction football wise I come on here to check what Code has said the last few days/hours. I then choose the opposite direction and I immediately know I'm right;)

If we had of stayed 11 v 11 tonight i think you would of been talking about a Jonjo MOM performance.

He was playing just off Carroll before the sending off and its the best ive seen look sinse he's been with us, he was running directly at them scaring the life out of them.

For the second goal, winning the ball of an experienced David Dunn, flicking it over his head running at the Blackburn defence and working the keeper with a decent shot, absolute quality and class personified.

After the sending off he had to sit back beside Spearing, but he never looked out of place in a disciplined position.

If he's allowed to continue in that free role behind the striker (ala Gerrard and FT) he's going to start scaring the life out of defenders

Really happy with him tonight and excited anout his furture

I find it amazing that some of these so called fans take such a dislike to certain players that they can't even acknowledge when they've had a good game.

The glass is always half empty for some.........

I thought Shelvey put in a performance tonight that confirmed what Rafa saw in him. Similar to Lucas. He will only improve with experience.

Not that some of the roasters on here can see that.

Has a touch of the ZiZous about him.

Hey, I have copyright on that one! Look it up!

Fully agree of course. The arrogance, the two-footedness, bow-legged, positional awareness, the way he turns with the ball and immediately brings it under control. I think he'll surprise quite a few people in the run-in if given the chance. Our future no 10 imo. Hopefully he'll fulfill his promise and keep his head straight.

I find it amazing that some of these so called fans take such a dislike to certain players that they can't even acknowledge when they've had a good game.

The glass is always half empty for some.........

I thought Shelvey put in a performance tonight that confirmed what Rafa saw in him. Similar to Lucas. He will only improve with experience.

Not that some of the roasters on here can see that.

The same lucas that we are sorely missing and that some of our fans would have sold a good while ago.I miss lucas and i think in a little while we could miss shelvey as much if he wasnt available.And he has a self confidence downing and henderson should take a look at and adopt.To sum up i concur

Guest TK-421
Hey, I have copyright on that one! Look it up!

Fully agree of course. The arrogance, the two-footedness, bow-legged, positional awareness, the way he turns with the ball and immediately brings it under control. I think he'll surprise quite a few people in the run-in if given the chance. Our future no 10 imo. Hopefully he'll fulfill his promise and keep his head straight.

Looks really comfortable on the ball with either foot as you say. Mature display from him tonight.