You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What would be the best possible Premiership team midfield partnership?

Gym Beglin

Yes I would.

I'd have a younger Gerrard over Modric in centre midfield over him, but not now - as I don't think shows as much hunger defensively these days. We saw that with his lack of tracking back vs Bolton or his failed attempt to block the cross from Kolorov against City. I'd still have him in my Premiership XI though, probably on the right.

I actually like the Yaya, Alonso pairing someone said. I think thast would be great in the tough games, but then in games which you expect to dominate and have loads of possession a combinatiob of Alonso and Modric would control a game and constantly probe the opposition.

You'd have modric over gerrard because he has more defensive hunger? I really think you are clueless. Why would you pick modric over xavi? Goals from midfield?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You'd have modric over gerrard because he has more defensive hunger? I really think you are clueless. Why would you pick modric over xavi? Goals from midfield?

If you read what I put I said I'd have Yaya / Alonso in game where more defending was needed.

But in games where the side is going to dominate, yes I'd have Modric over Gerrard - as I think he works harder. But Gerrard would still get in the side, but he is not half as good defensively as he used to be.

Yeah I wouldn'thave Xavi, rather have Fabrgas or Iniesta in centre mid than him as they get more goals and assists than Xavi.

But this is just in fantasy land Grout, no need to get worked up and having different opinions is allowed... without calling people clueless.

If you read what I put I said I'd have Yaya / Alonso in game where more defending was needed.

But in games where the side is going to dominate, yes I'd have Modric over Gerrard - as I think he works harder. But Gerrard would still get in the side, but he is not half as good defensively as he used to be.

Yeah I wouldn'thave Xavi, rather have Fabrgas or Iniesta in centre mid than him as they get more goals and assists than Xavi.

But this is just in fantasy land Grout, no need to get worked up and having different opinions is allowed... without calling people clueless.

The fact that I respect a persons right to have an opinion doesn't mean I have to respect their opinions. I met a fella the other day who described Noel Gallagher as 'one of the best guitar players ever'. He is clueless. (The fella, not Noel).

It is amazing how clueless some of our 'fans' are. I can't bring myself to call them supporters because they don't actually offer any support at all.

Too true, someone even mentioned Parker earlier in the thread!!

Although I do question my own sanity at times, it seems i'm one of the very few who doesn't rate Alonso! Guess we can't be too critical of opinions...

Edit: I see you picked up on the Parker shout. Fucking scandalous that is!!

Too true, someone even mentioned Parker earlier in the thread!!

Although I do question my own sanity at times, it seems i'm one of the very few who doesn't rate Alonso! Guess we can't be too critical of opinions...

Edit: I see you picked up on the Parker shout. Fucking scandalous that is!!

I prefer to refer to him as '31 year old, 10 cap Scott Parker'.

It says Premiership midfield, and since I assume winning the Prem is the goal, I'd take Pepe and Alonso over Xavi and Iniesta.

If it's winning the Spanish League, then maybe I'd go for Xavi and Iniesta.

Then again, maybe not. Last I checked, Barca were a point or two behind.

Yes because Barca have never won the league with Xavi and Iniesta. You slavering cretin.

I really don't understand the notion that Xavi and Iniesta wouldn't win the premiership. They've only played the mancs off the park, made them look like a pub team on a few occasions. What with them being the best team in England at that time, who's going to trouble them?

Unless people really do believe it's the Stoke's of this world that would trouble two of the greatest midfielders to ever play the game. Peter Coates should find a way uproot his side into la liga if possible, they'd win the league for sure.

It says Premiership midfield, and since I assume winning the Prem is the goal, I'd take Pepe and Alonso over Xavi and Iniesta.

If it's winning the Spanish League, then maybe I'd go for Xavi and Iniesta.

Then again, maybe not. Last I checked, Barca were a point or two behind.

Good lord.

Wow, that's a mouthwatering prospect! We can dream, eh?

Hendo, Lucas and Adam and we're talking. Great midfield for years to come. Hendo is a proper midfield dynamo - I love him.

As for the best around? I'll have Lucas with Iniesta and Xavi in front of him, please.

-------------Reina------

Johnson--Skrts--Aggs--Enrique

-------------Lucas------------

--------Xavi-------Iniesta---

---Suarez----Carroll----Bellers

I really don't understand the notion that Xavi and Iniesta wouldn't win the premiership. They've only played the mancs off the park, made them look like a pub team on a few occasions. What with them being the best team in England at that time, who's going to trouble them?

Unless people really do believe it's the Stoke's of this world that would trouble two of the greatest midfielders to ever play the game. Peter Coates should find a way uproot his side into la liga if possible, they'd win the league for sure.

Valencia put that 'myth' to bed last week.

Xavi and Iniesta would piss over anything in the league.

It is amazing how clueless some of our 'fans' are. I can't bring myself to call them supporters because they don't actually offer any support at all.

Is this aimed at me?

If so and I rarely swear on here but you deserve it - Fuck 'right' off!

Because someone selects Parker or doesn't select Gerrard they are 'clueless' and don't support LFC. Good one!

Actually I can't be arsed with tbhis type of shit on here anymore.

Bye bye.

Is this aimed at me?

If so and I rarely swear on here but you deserve it - Fuck 'right' off!

Because someone selects Parker or doesn't select Gerrard they are 'clueless' and don't support LFC. Good one!

Actually I can't be arsed with tbhis type of shit on here anymore.

Bye bye.

Parker is a good player and always has been, I don't think anyone with any semblance of a clue would argue with that. He's never Anywhere near Gerrard as a player (and neither is Modric) but as a pair, the spurs cm partnership is the best in the league. Probably.

But that wasn't exactly Funnneeeeeeeee's question