You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thomas Brolin - Second Worst EPL player ever

md1892

Brolin was OK for Leeds for a couple of months, then turned shit. Prior to that though, he was very good in Serie A and excellent for Sweden. I don't think he was the second worst signing in the Premier League. There was some guy who Harry Redknapp signed for a few million, who booted Gary Neville in his first game, got sent off, and then buggered off to live in a caravan somewhere.

He was on the wing, remember it clearly, he was constantly cutting inside and providing very few crosses, the only memorable thing I took from him in that World Cup was his hair lol.

The lengths i will go to test my memory...

I had to check and you remember wrong. I have a dvd of that world cup, for some reason, following, Brazil, Italy, Sweden and Bulgaria. Larsson, when he played, played up front. When he came on vs Cameroon they moved Brolin to midfield with Larsson and Dahlin up front, against Russia he came on late to replace Andersson, up front. And against Brazil he played up front with Andersson as Dahlin was suspended. Unused against Saudi Arabia, replaced Dahlin, up front, sometime during over time against Romania unused against Brazil and in the bronze medal game he started with Andersson up front, so there :whistle:

Brolin was OK for Leeds for a couple of months, then turned shit. Prior to that though, he was very good in Serie A and excellent for Sweden. I don't think he was the second worst signing in the Premier League. There was some guy who Harry Redknapp signed for a few million, who booted Gary Neville in his first game, got sent off, and then buggered off to live in a caravan somewhere.

Marco Boogers. Worra leg.

Downing? If you want to mention current LFC players Carroll sits proudly at the top.

Good for them in Europe? I guess that's why they shifted him to Chelsea for only £15M after two seasons, eh? And that's £15M Roman money, mind you.

Veron was shit for the mancs, which is why he was sold on at a massive loss. He is the worst top flight transfer in England pre the money influx at Chelsea. After that, it gets difficult to compare because money simply isn't what it used to be.

Still maintain he wasn't quite as crap you may remember through the anti-manc glasses that we are all guilty of wearing.

Doesn't make this list either:

EPL: 20 Worst Players in Premier League History | Bleacher Report

Downing? If you want to mention current LFC players Carroll sits proudly at the top.

Good for them in Europe? I guess that's why they shifted him to Chelsea for only £15M after two seasons, eh? And that's £15M Roman money, mind you.

Veron was shit for the mancs, which is why he was sold on at a massive loss. He is the worst top flight transfer in England pre the money influx at Chelsea. After that, it gets difficult to compare because money simply isn't what it used to be.

Still maintain he wasn't quite as crap you may remember through the anti-manc glasses that we are all guilty of wearing.

Doesn't make this list either:

EPL: 20 Worst Players in Premier League History | Bleacher Report

Still maintain he wasn't quite as crap you may remember through the anti-manc glasses that we are all guilty of wearing

Anti-manc glasses?

Mr. Ferguson paid £28M for this useless midfielder 10 years ago. He sold him on two years later for half the fee.

There really isn't much to debate.