You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest the boy
. We go away in Europe and get treated like royalty (Italy apart)

Never had trouble with the Milanese. Very few accounts of trouble between ours and Milan's in either of the finals, and a lot of mingling between our fans and Inter's in 08; when we were kept behind briefly after the second leg there, there were renditions of YNWA and general applause from Inter fans on the upper decks above our fans. Florentians were very hospitable too. Rome has obviously always been a nasty place for us to visit, but that's true of all away fans that go there. There was no trouble in Turin in '05, although security was obviously heightened and we didn't take our full allocation.

United's euro away support are a rare breed.

Never had trouble with the Milanese. Very few accounts of trouble between ours and Milan's in either of the finals, and a lot of mingling between our fans and Inter's in 08; when we were kept behind briefly after the second leg there, there were renditions of YNWA and general applause from Inter fans on the upper decks above our fans. Florentians were very hospitable too. Rome has obviously always been a nasty place for us to visit, but that's true of all away fans that go there. There was no trouble in Turin in '05, although security was obviously heightened and we didn't take our full allocation.

United's euro away support are a rare breed.

Never had an ounce of trouble in Athens or Istanbul, but Rome, Turin and Naples there was well publicised aggro.

Guest the boy
Never had an ounce of trouble in Athens or Istanbul, but Rome, Turin and Naples there was well publicised aggro.

I noted Rome - but then every club with travelling fans gets issues there, so its not peculiar to us. If you're referring to Turin in '05, I was there, saw no issues and have never been made aware of 'well publicised aggro' - where are you referencing it from? No experience in Naples, so will have to take your word for it. Our fans have had healthy relations with those of Fiorentina and both Milan clubs. Harsh to tar the whole of Italy with the actions of a couple of regions notorious for violence the world round.

It really wouldn't surprise me if fergie left him out just in case he was booed by the Ajax fans. They love Suarez, he's a hero to them, and had a full on farewell parade for him when he left! Wouldnt want anyone to think it was just us who dont believe Evra's version of events would we?!

I noted Rome - but then every club with travelling fans gets issues there, so its not peculiar to us. If you're referring to Turin in '05, I was there, saw no issues and have never been made aware of 'well publicised aggro' - where are you referencing it from? No experience in Naples, so will have to take your word for it. Our fans have had healthy relations with those of Fiorentina and both Milan clubs. Harsh to tar the whole of Italy with the actions of a couple of regions notorious for violence the world round.

Mate I'm not tarring the whole of italy, merely pointing out that that tends to be the place were we have had trouble, even of only isolated incidents as it always is.

I've not been to any of the fixtures so im only speaking on what was reported at the time. Naples a few lads were stabbed and hospitalised I seem to remember. I also recall that the juve fans were not particularly welcoming, but if you say differently that's fine. I wasn't suggesting it was widespread and any more tha isolated incidents.

It really wouldn't surprise me if fergie left him out just in case he was booed by the Ajax fans. They love Suarez, he's a hero to them, and had a full on farewell parade for him when he left! Wouldnt want anyone to think it was just us who dont believe Evra's version of events would we?!

I cant think of any player leaving a club before to get this.

[YOUTUBE]wtaQWMF2otk&list=FL1SCiEgVGDb8xpjRNbKqM4g[/YOUTUBE]

Rumour on twitter is there's been arrests before KO, Ajax fans on the bounce for the mancs. We go away in Europe and get treated like royalty (Italy apart) , they have mobs waiting for them. Says it all really.

There has been loads of arrests starting from yesterday.

Strange thing being 54 of the arrested are fans of Anderlecht who are supposed to be allies of Ajax supporters.

There was about 70 Ajax fans arrested in a cafe yesterday and thought to be part of the F squad,and also a group of Polish fans from Krakow arrested.

There was more arrests this afternoon outside some pub when rival fans stood opposite each other singing songs,and then it got ugly.

Wouldn't be surprised if it's a solidarity thing with Suarez. It'd be like someone giving Fowler shit and them coming to our gaff a week later. That being said I'm sure the mancs gave as good as they got, and I'm not shocked there's been little reporting of it on the news, if it was us it'd be all over the media now.

To be honest, I think KK et al should take a leaf out of his book and read the fuckers the riot act, followed by blanket coverage on LFCTV

I hate the cunt, but his is brilliant. Just get the feeling if Kenny did this sky sports would be running it on loop with the headline 'kenny cracking under pressure'

To be honest, I think KK et al should take a leaf out of his book and read the fuckers the riot act, followed by blanket coverage on LFCTV

What riot act ? Unlike United who have constantly been high profile in the last few years, and have media from all over the world clammoring for exclusives and access, we have not done much since the last Champions League Final in 2007. You could argue that even in those days we weren't milking the media, or didn't know how to: take for example Benitez's "rant" in 2008. Maybe it's just not the Liverpool Way. I don't know.

We need to be successful, there is just no way around it. Once we are, only then are we able to dictate the agenda.

FSG and Kenny need to sit out the current storm and get 4th. Take names by all means, but get 4th place.

Don't forget, the Netherlands are one of the most progressive nations on Earth, a cultural vanguard, and yet Suarez gets total support, to the point they want to ruck with United over it, which kind of sullies their point though.

The bigger issue here though is that feeling of ill-will generated by the United twats on their travels, stoking the fires ahead of the Euro's in the arse-crack of Europe this Summer.

Don't forget, the Netherlands are one of the most progressive nations on Earth, a cultural vanguard, and yet Suarez gets total support, to the point they want to ruck with United over it, which kind of sullies their point though.

The bigger issue here though is that feeling of ill-will generated by the United twats on their travels, stoking the fires ahead of the Euro's in the arse-crack of Europe this Summer.

Heh, you're kidding aren't you mate? Dressing room racial tensions are widely considered to be one of the reasons thir national side won fuck all for years. They've got a powerful far right and anti-muslim element in Holland. Just because you get stoned in public it doesn't make you a nice man.