You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Travelling to Wembley

Preston Red

SOS down on the Saturday, overnight stay with them and then returning the day after. The stay is meant to be around Earl's Court, so I will tube it down to the match on the Sunday to meet some friends, from real life and the internet.

SOS are doing a day trip option, get yourself on that Yozzer, even if it is sold out I will put you down for a cancellation.

Anyone know any decent boozers not far from the ground?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Open return, out at about half 8 Sunday morning, about 75quid. I have a rail card so got mine for around 50 I think, and the cockney rail pass is about 8quid if I remember rightly.

Ta, I'll have a gander at that.

SOS down on the Saturday, overnight stay with them and then returning the day after. The stay is meant to be around Earl's Court, so I will tube it down to the match on the Sunday to meet some friends, from real life and the internet.

SOS are doing a day trip option, get yourself on that Yozzer, even if it is sold out I will put you down for a cancellation.

Anyone know any decent boozers not far from the ground?

I had a look at that Mark but it sets off at 6am so not sure If I could be arsed getting up at that time. Thanks for the offer though Mark, much appreciated.

As for boozers, there's apparently not much in close proximity to the ground although some lads on RAWK mentioned a place called The Green Man, maybe worth a look.

Maps | Transport for London

I've been noseying on here and whichever you look at it, it involves loads of arseing about.

Hopefully there's a few decent boozers between stations.

it's simple. Metropolitan line or Jubilee line. Metropolitan stops at fewer stations though, so it's quicker. If you catch it at Baker Street, there are twice as many trains than from further east.

You're better drinking away from Wembley though.

How is everybody getting to Wembley?

I've been checking out the trains down there and getting from Euston to Wembley.

It looks as though getting to Wembley on the Underground will be a major arseache but there is an overground line that goes to Wembley Central.

OK. Come out of the front of Euston station and walk up to the main road in front of you. Turn right. Euston Square station is less than 5 minutes walk. Go down onto the westbound platform. Get on a train. If its a Metropolitan liven train stay on it. If it's not a Metropolitan line train, get off at Baker Street and cross over to the Metropolitan line platforms. Then get on a train and get off at Wembley Park.

That really isn't hard.

I hear its a bit of a desert close to the ground. Will check with my sources

Any update on them boozers near the ground,there are 4 of us arriving on sunday from belfast,and not a tkt between us.

Prob just stay about wembly way for as along as possible trying to get tkt,then make mad dash to try and watch on tv.

Any update on them boozers near the ground,there are 4 of us arriving on sunday from belfast,and not a tkt between us.

Prob just stay about wembly way for as along as possible trying to get tkt,then make mad dash to try and watch on tv.

I was recommended The Green Man but I also found this. See you what you think. pubs near Wembley Park Tube station # beerintheevening.com

FAO Preston Red

OK. Come out of the front of Euston station and walk up to the main road in front of you. Turn right. Euston Square station is less than 5 minutes walk. Go down onto the westbound platform. Get on a train. If its a Metropolitan liven train stay on it. If it's not a Metropolitan line train, get off at Baker Street and cross over to the Metropolitan line platforms. Then get on a train and get off at Wembley Park.

Wembley Park is our stop, ie closest to the East Stand. Wembley Central is theirs

Cant believe this thread, the tube is piss easy, dont worry folks.

Agreed, piece of piss.

Last time (1996) I figured it out on my own and I was only bloody 14

From memory there is a direct tube line to Wembley Park (the Maroon one I think) but you have to leave Euston and walk around the corner for a couple of minutes, don't take the one inside the station that takes you down the escalators.

You lucky bastards!

All I have for this weekend is a KLM ticket to Liverpool, and a derby game that has still to be given a new date.

Cancel the hotel and train up and down.

I could have been in the same boat as you travel wise, but thankfully I had flights to London and back this trip.

Cant believe this thread, the tube is piss easy, dont worry folks.

I agree mate.

Even I can figure it out and I live in a barren snow swept landscape and our only form of transport is a dodgy Italian-built ATR aircraft or a Swedish SAAB turbo prop bult by a company out of business.

I love the tube. I love minding the gap. I love the silly names (COCKFOSTERS).

I love walking through the Heathrow Terminal 3 doors and then rolling down the walkway to the Tube, and for 5 quid ending up at Waterloo or Euston.

I love Heineken. I love Arsenal losing 4-0 before that twat Henry goes back to being anoymous in NYC (hahaha...some Chinese dude who went to Harvard and can loop an orange ball through a peach basket is the new thing).

I love chatting up a bar maid name Brianndy (she told me mom wanted Brianna and Dad wanted Brandy so they settled on Brianndy--- how the hell she didn't end up a stripper I'll never know but she was a bit chunky but is very pretty.). She even offered me the channel changer at the hotel bar.

Almot fell in love when she looked over and offered it (the channel changer, not her loins) up. But then reality:

a) not in to shape to pull bar maids

b) not Mormon so trying to pull 20-somethings being mid-40s is ...like yucky

c) have better morals than Giggs and Rooney

d) logistics of trying to sneak her into a hotel room and tell my son to find something else to do for ten minutes

Anyway, I long for a good pint of bitter and a packet of Twiglets but alas Winnipeg does not provide.

Staying at the Sofitel St James in Waterloo Westminster.

Will reds gather at Earl´s Court, Trafalgar Square or will it be nearer Wembley?

Cheers, looking forward to this :D

minted norwegians and their oil money.

Narvik is neart or pat the Arctic Circle isn't it?

I find the darkness really gets to me lately.

Narvik is neart or pat the Arctic Circle isn't it?

I find the darkness really gets to me lately.

It is, I lived in Tromsø a bit further up north for 6 months myself from January to June back in 04, worst 6 months of my life.

Those winter months are soul destroying.

Glory Hunter.

I, too, was once a glory hunter. Two of my first three matches were Juventus and Chelsea.

Then, Alan, being Catholic I did pennance and did Derby County (A), Bolton (H), Wolves (h), Portsmouth (A), Fulham (A), QPR (H), Wigan (H).

If that isn't pennance than the next grilled cheese sandwich you make will have the image of Mo Johnston on it.