You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FSG cowboys and cowards...

satmann

They have removed the debt loaded onto the club. They have sanctioned signings in the region of £100 million, no better than the previous owners ?

Give me a fucking break.

Obviously the Suarez situation could and should have been handled better. But honestly, should not the people appointed in offical roles at the club have been able to handle that without the interference of the people signing the cheques ?

The situation got out of hand after the Utd game and they acted in the best interests of the club, in their opinion. I dont have any complaints really.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They have removed the debt loaded onto the club. They have sanctioned signings in the region of £100 million, no better than the previous owners ?

Give me a fucking break.

Obviously the Suarez situation could and should have been handled better. But honestly, should not the people appointed in offical roles at the club have been able to handle that without the interference of the people signing the cheques ?

The situation got out of hand after the Utd game and they acted in the best interests of the club, in their opinion. I dont have any complaints really.

They forced Kenny Fucking Dalglish to say he didn't act in a manner appropriate for a LFC manager.

Now read that again.....

FUCK these yank cunts.

They forced Kenny Fucking Dalglish to say he didn't act in a manner appropriate for a LFC manager.

Now read that again.....

FUCK these yank cunts.

Strongly disagree with the sentiments expressed.

Suarez threw the whole club under a bus, the owners, the executive team, the management team, the players and the supporters. He deserves to have his arse kicked from the Kop to Anfield Road.

Kenny's interview was appalling - he reacted like a cornered rat lashing out in any direction to deflect from the issue. He is absolutely right to state that it wasn't the behaviour of someone who is manager of this great club.

I hope they both stay and make the Scum pay for this on the pitch where it counts. If I owned the club (what a dream) then I would have been doing exactly what the owners have done.

Now read that again.....

FUCK these yank cunts.

That had to do with the club backing themselves into a corner though, after what happened that was the easiest way out of it. Right or wrong i dont know, as who knows what would have happened if we had taken it further.

Like i said, the situation should have been handled much better from the start of it all. I might be naive, but i dont think the owners should have had to become involved in that apart from getting briefed about the situation, it's people appointed by the owners who has to take responsibility. I guess it's the owners who are ultimately responsible because it's them who appointed them. But im more pissed with the people directly involved in the hearing and who handled Luis case.

As things panned out, i dont see what they could have done differently that potentially couldnt be even more harmful to the club if it didnt go our way. Luis, Kenny and the club have been dragged through the mud quite enough.

Strongly disagree with the sentiments expressed.

Suarez threw the whole club under a bus, the owners, the executive team, the management team, the players and the supporters. He deserves to have his arse kicked from the Kop to Anfield Road.

Kenny's interview was appalling - he reacted like a cornered rat lashing out in any direction to deflect from the issue. He is absolutely right to state that it wasn't the behaviour of someone who is manager of this great club.

I hope they both stay and make the Scum pay for this on the pitch where it counts. If I owned the club (what a dream) then I would have been doing exactly what the owners have done.

Disagree completely, i think Suarez is the one who's been thrown under the bus, by inept support from the club. Having said that, we backed ourselves into a corner and this was most likely the easiest and best way out of it.

Nice piece Razor and wholeheartedly agree with Most of it but would point out One thing in FSG's defence such as there can be? I don't think the apologies were Aimed anywhere Near Utd Or Evra & Indeed by the petulent little foot-stamping storm amidst the children AKA the Media Hacks today shouting about No apologies for Suarez' Racism or No Direct Apology to Evra et al? They know this to & are upset it will all die down. If you ask me? I think Luis & Kenny were indeed Told to apologise to them but? Refused to make Specific apologies to Them in particular & only said they'd apologise in General & mainly to the LFC fans - If the other mob Want to interpret that as Meaning them? Then so be it & evidently by Their response statement via the media? They did & despite instigating all this? They appear as dog-tired & sick of the Whole situation/ready to move on as we are which isn't a bad thing.

If you ask me? The Whole mess will die down now in the next few weeks. We've a trophy to win in a couple of weeks & another one to challenge for without mentioning the ongoing battle for Fourth Place. That mob have the UEFA Cup to Try & win & City to catch & the media? Are now starved of their main story for the past few months as both clubs have effectively said "Have Done!!!" In as public a fashion as possible. Again? The media Know this - Why do you think they're having still Another arrogant little hissy fit over losing their Main story of recent months? Is done now & we move on - Yes We handled it badly but have seen enough in the media in recent days re' Evra' conduct at the Final whistle Particularly (and also at H/T) along with the prospect of the FA Charging Him & leaving Luis due to His restraint? To see that the tide? Might have turned a little.

Also re' the whole Terry/England/Chelsea/FA thing? Chelsea haven't had it entirely Easy on this - Their fans have already been condemned in public over singing songs about Anton Ferdinand and they Will face a storm like the one we have recently whatever the verdict on the Terry debacle in a few months. The FA? Have been backed into a corner by their Own stance on Suarez & it eventually? Forcing them to sack Terry as England Captain to Not look like hypocrites & quite clearly? The Media are Trying not to rock the boat on Suarez due to the upcoming Euros & the fact that Luis plays for their number one target, Us; Were it another club? The FA would already have been taken apart in public over that 'commision report' debacle - And after England's inevitable Euro disaster in the summer? Suspect we might just see some revision on all this & the FA get the media savaging they fully deserve - Again? It's Only not happened yet due to the Euros but that will change soon enough so for once? Maybe England's continued international footballing Utter ineptitude might just help someone for once - We can but hope..............

Finally to those who think the worst might happen? Luis And Kenny? Will go nowhere so man up & Stop worrying you fainthearted cowards - It might be stressful for Kenny but he Knows Ferguson of old & indeed Taught him half his managerial tricks (or Ferguson nicked them). He expected this barrage & fought it as best he could. Also to you lot who think the Club hung out Luis? No we didn't - We got him a crack legal team, did Not fine him & Publicly stated his innocence on a number of occasions & again After the joke of a ban. As to not getting our side of the story out? We've released numerous statements outlining our position. Had Kenny virtually explain it in interviews - Couldn't have Done much more in that respect could we?

Basically? It's Not our fault if the AFA - Agenda From Alex led mob AKA The Media do Not listen & BTW? It may be the Only time I find myself agreeing with Paddy Barclay? But he did well to outline That fact a little while back when he virtually Said openly? That whilst at the Times? The Suarez Narrative (i.e. Directed from Above Agenda)? Was "Putting words in my mouth & I didn't enjoy it" - Ergo? Sports media Might Just have their own ideas but? Were Told What to write. Can't do anything about that can we? What I'm saying here BTW? Doesn't excuse Barclay for his later remarks re' our club & fans as part of the latest in a Long, Long series of Own Goals on his part. He's still an utter Tw*t overall in my view & should keep it shut in future as that would be better for all concerned where it comes to Liverpool FC who he Evidently has a Big problem with.

Basically? In the end? The Only reason that statement happened? Was to have done with the whole mess & move on for Both clubs who are sick of it at ground & boardroom levels & each of whom have other things to worry about in the months to come On the pitch so was basically? A twoway drawing of a line in the sand in as public a manner as possible. Is done now & will fade as we do what we once did best & win trophies in the weeks & years to come & best? It will happen under Kenny & With Suarez. Remember what I say here - Both Kenny & Luis? Are Far tougher than they appear or others might think they are & further? Whatever it appears in public? Will not personally be seen to give in - In fact? That will be the Last thing either one does & the club won't be sacking or selling anyone anytime soon - Mark my words............................

NB Oh & To those worried the owners might not know what the Fans want in all of this or think we Should do? Tell them. John W Henry's Freely available on Twitter so contact him There - I have and I'm sure I'm not the Only one - He'll soon get the picture if he didn't already. And indeed? Hiring Barwick who Should of been on board from the start? Was a smart, savvy move to start with - Suspect this mess might actually help us in the long run as not only do we get a smart, media manager at long lat out of it onboard but further? I doubt the FA will ever Think of attacking us like that & explosing their Blatant OT bias anything like as openly as this again in the future - Think the response has utterly stunned them & in the long run? That will benefit us. You'll see soon enough - Time will tell on this one - Sooner or later? Time will tell & for once? It might just tell in Our Club's Favour. We shall see...........

For me, the moment the FA kangaroo court decision came down FSG should have had a plan in place for what they would do.

If they decided not to appeal, they had to release a comprehensive statement, draw a line under the entire matter, and make that clear to FA, press, players and management.

That decision established the "truth". Even if it's not the truth.

And everything that happened after than point would be viewed in terms of that "truth".

So any defense offered would be seen as defending racism, any action taken would be seen as racially motivated. Even if it wasn't.

They had to be fully prepared for a negative decision, and they didn't seem to have any sort of plan in place.

And yes, I realize hind-sight is 20-20. But going forward, FSG has to have people in place who are prepared to deal with these things, quickly and aggressively.

What can you argue?

He didn't say what he admitted saying? The only thing we could argue is the context and nature of the exchange, it is difficult to argue against that. And what has annoyed a lot of fans is the length and severity of the ban, the FA could quite easily have said '2 matches because he shouldn't have said that and we don't tolerate that in this country, with 6 suspended'. End of argument.

We are dealing with a media that still insists we take our share of the blame for Hillsborough, I do wonder if the club realise the scum they are placating?

Disagree completely, i think Suarez is the one who's been thrown under the bus, by inept support from the club. Having said that, we backed ourselves into a corner and this was most likely the easiest and best way out of it.

I recoginsie that it is all about opinions and ours differ.

But consider the position we were in going into the game on Saturday (ignoring whether or not we should have been there) because that was our reality. How would you have responded if you owned the club had Suarez promised you that he would shake Evra's hand? What did you think about the interview Kenny gave? I thought it was cringeworthy - and I suspect that Kenny does too if he has seen it.

Everything prior to Saturday was in the past and it was an opportunity to move on. Suarez should have put his hand out to Evra if he had agreed to do it. If Evra chose not to accept it then the shitstorm that has now descended on us would be hovering somewhere down the M62. Had Suarez not agreed to shake hands then I am sure it would have been avoided in a better way.

I see this as an act of childish selfishness by Suarez who has put his own needs ahead of the club and everyone connected to it.

Our club has been around for 120 years - it has taken Suarez 9 months to drag our reputation into the gutter.

For me, the moment the FA kangaroo court decision came down FSG should have had a plan in place for what they would do.

If they decided not to appeal, they had to release a comprehensive statement, draw a line under the entire matter, and make that clear to FA, press, players and management.

That decision established the "truth". Even if it's not the truth.

And everything that happened after than point would be viewed in terms of that "truth".

So any defense offered would be seen as defending racism, any action taken would be seen as racially motivated. Even if it wasn't.

They had to be fully prepared for a negative decision, and they didn't seem to have any sort of plan in place.

And yes, I realize hind-sight is 20-20. But going forward, FSG has to have people in place who are prepared to deal with these things, quickly and aggressively.

I took some stick on here a few weeks ago for my criticism of the clubs handling of this affair, but take no satisfaction from how this is played out.

Being the CEO of a football club where the customers throw £1.4m in gate receipts at you every other week is not one of life’s great challenges. A salary od several hundred thousand ponds a year is handsome in the circumstances. But the reason that the club pays it is as an insurance policy. Sure we could get the office junior to bank the £1.4m, but could they tackle a race crisis that consumed the club, with national and international dimensions? No – that is when the CEO earns their money.

Or so you would have thought.

But consider the position we were in going into the game on Saturday (ignoring whether or not we should have been there) because that was our reality. How would you have responded if you owned the club had Suarez promised you that he would shake Evra's hand? What did you think about the interview Kenny gave? I thought it was cringeworthy - and I suspect that Kenny does too if he has seen it.

Everything prior to Saturday was in the past and it was an opportunity to move on. Suarez should have put his hand out to Evra if he had agreed to do it. If Evra chose not to accept it then the shitstorm that has now descended on us would be hovering somewhere down the M62. Had Suarez not agreed to shake hands then I am sure it would have been avoided in a better way.

I see this as an act of childish selfishness by Suarez who has put his own needs ahead of the club and everyone connected to it.

Our club has been around for 120 years - it has taken Suarez 9 months to drag our reputation into the gutter.

I can certainly think of a more relevant example that occured 27 years ago! Without getting all PBarclay.

And had Evra not accepted the handshake he would have been applauded for it, that is a fact.

Sorry, I really don't agree but you're right about opinions and mine is different.

The club have hung out Suarez and Dalglish to dry in pursuit of their own agenda.

Suarez hasn't dragged this club into the gutter. He didn't need to as the club itself, cuntface down the road and the press have done a pretty good job of it.

Suarez and Dalglish have both been effectively gagged by the club and the wording of the apologies simply doesn't read like either Suarez or Dalglish actually wrote them. That's not Kenny's way and he must hate the shit he's been given due to weak and clueless owners.

As I said elsewhere, Shanks must be turning in his grave.

I can certainly think of a more relevant example that occured 27 years ago! Without getting all PBarclay.

And had Evra not accepted the handshake he would have been applauded for it, that is a fact.

So why ignore the rest of the post and focus on just one point. Where is your response to the other points made? Easier to try to score silly points? How can you claim something to be a "fact" when it never even happened?

So now answer the main point - If you owned the club what would you have done after the match?

Sorry, I really don't agree but you're right about opinions and mine is different.

The club have hung out Suarez and Dalglish to dry in pursuit of their own agenda.

Suarez hasn't dragged this club into the gutter. He didn't need to as the club itself, cuntface down the road and the press have done a pretty good job of it.

Suarez and Dalglish have both been effectively gagged by the club and the wording of the apologies simply doesn't read like either Suarez or Dalglish actually wrote them. That's not Kenny's way and he must hate the shit he's been given due to weak and clueless owners.

As I said elsewhere, Shanks must be turning in his grave.

Were you proud of the way Kenny behaved in the interview? Did you think it was an appropriate response? IMO it was awful - possibly one of the worst post match interviews I have ever seen a manager of LFC give.

What would you have done to Suarez if he had said to you that he would shake hands before the match and then didn't?

As for the club having an agenda maybe (belatedly) they are trying to do what is right.

I'd love to hear Ayre explain why he thinks Kenny has to apologise for standing up to that cockroach Geoff Shreeve while he doesn't have to apologise for that stupid comment about breaking up the TV rights and dismissing 'small clubs like Bolton'. If we're talking about damaging the club, Ayre's comment was a thousand times worse and has left the club in a very difficult position with all of the other Premiership clubs, not just the mancs. He's got some nerve.

Yes, considering how it panned out, yes he should have shook the dirty liars hand. But i find it quite offensive that he's being blamed to have dragged our reputation through the gutter. Luis Suarez is the victim here. Hindsight he made a mistake not shaking his hand, he's since apologised for it and that should be the end of it.

But i think he should not even have had to. Who can blame him, for not wanting to shake hands with a guy that's responsible for ruining his season, has ruined his reputation and had him labelled a racist. Personally i'd have had to really restrain myself not breaking the cunts nose.

Oh how I wish we had a say in ownership and how the club was run. I'd love to hear what FSG and the likes of Ayre have to say when faced with a couple of hundred irate reds in a public meeting.

When the Supporters' Committee was set up its aims were said to be:

The initial aims

1. To establish a forum for supporters to communicate directly with the Club in a structured manner

2. To help the Club better understand the issues that most affect and concern our fans

3. To give the Club an opportunity to explain the thinking behind key decisions

4. To enable fans to play a key role in helping the Club achieve success on and off the pitch

5. To provide a greater degree of transparency about key issues that affect supporters

The long term aims

1. To enhance the relationship between Liverpool Football Club and our supporters

2. To help ensure fans feel their loyalty is valued by Liverpool Football Club

3. To help improve Liverpool Football Club for the benefit of all supporters

I don't think it's progressing at too rapid a rate.

Yes, considering how it panned out, yes he should have shook the dirty liars hand. But i find it quite offensive that he's being blamed to have dragged our reputation through the gutter. Luis Suarez is the victim here. Hindsight he made a mistake not shaking his hand, he's since apologised for it and that should be the end of it.

But i think he should not even have had to. Who can blame him, for not wanting to shake hands with a guy that's responsible for ruining his season, has ruined his reputation and had him labelled a racist. Personally i'd have had to really restrain myself not breaking the cunts nose.

Perhaps dragging us into the gutter was a bit strong.

Your last paragraph sums up the issue precisely (sorry don't know how to highlight part of your reply). I too would have liked to punch the smarmy little shit right in his grinning face. However, if Kenny had asked me before the game if I would shake hands and I agreed to then I would have done it. If I had said to Kenny that i wouldn't do it then Kenny would have known exactly where he stood and other arrangements could have been made.

What he has done is completely undermine his own integrity with the people who have supported him the most through what has happened. I really don't give a toss what the Mancs or the media say. Todays news tomorrows chip wrapper etc. I feel that Suarez has let US down quite badly.

So now answer the main point - If you owned the club what would you have done after the match?

I know that you asked this of Whelan – but I offer my view.

As soon as the ref made it known that Evra had made a complaint, Ayre should have been informed. As soon as it became apparent that the complaint had a criminal dimension, Ayre should have asked the Club solicitor to investigate and have ordered that no employee make any statement to the press, or anyone else, on pain of Club disciplinary procedures. In practise that meant within 24 hours.

When Gordon Taylor offered to intervene the following weekend , that mediation should have been accepted. Our solicitor should have presented a statement which said that our player confirms that heated exchanges took place between both players, that Suarez intended no racial slur, and that if his words has been interpreted as such he apologised. Ian Ayre should then have rung Martin Gill and said that he hoped that apology was accepted as it was not in the interests of either club to have accusation and counter accusation bandied around at an FA Tribunal. That route was not pursued. It would almost certainly have been successful.

If this had then reached hearing stage, our solicitor should have offered the same form of words. But warned that if after the Hearing, the FA decided to charge Luis we would attend the Hearing, but offer no evidence, on the grounds that it might incriminate him, and instead challenge Evra to make a Criminal complaint.

The effect of this would have been two fold. Firstly, Luis would not have been found guilty, as he was convicted by the evidence that he and Comolli submitted , no evidence, no conviction. He would also have not had the chance to appear “unreliable”.

Secondly the FA would then have been forced to make a decision as to whether to proceed without any defence being offered – and made to look very silly. Or decide that they would not hear a case with a criminal dimension until that criminal dimension had been tested in a criminal court.

Make no mistake, in the professional and legal communities, LFC are currently a laughing stock as a result of the way that we have mishandled this – and that hurts like hell.

Furthermore the above is not with the benefit of hindsight- it is good practise.

No one has come out of this looking good - Suarez, Dalglish, Ayre, FSG.

It is not just FSG's fault this and I can understand why they wanted Suarez to apologise given we were getting raped in the media and it looked a battle we couldn't win.

I think they just wanted to put some of the fire out, move on and I can understand that.

We should have done a lot of things different - getting the right lawyers, getting our story straight / consistent, appealing when losing the case, taking it to higher court to clear Suarez name, not putting Suarez in a position to handshake, Suarez should have then done it having said he would, but then we shouldn't have blamed Suarez for not doing it publically as that just makes Ferguson / Evra look right and music to the media's ears.

FSG I think are trying to get us going back to talking about football, not other issues and moving on. I can understand that as we were not winning this war and did nothing right from the start.

They aren't blameless, but nor is Dalglish, Suarez, Ayre. I also think it is out of order to compare them to Hicks / Gillett and calling them cowboys. Who do we think we are saying that after they removed our debt and saved us? OK they need to get the stadium right and back Dalglish in the future and they'll be judged on their actions. But let's not attack FSG who have been on the whole very good owners so far.