You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it was the only option. I know people feel strongly and disagree, but he was backed into a corner after events yesterday. There was nothing to fight.

"We are extremely disappointed Luis Suarez did not shake hands with Patrice Evra before yesterday's game. The player had told us beforehand that he would, but then chose not to do so.

"He was wrong to mislead us and wrong not to offer his hand to Patrice Evra. He has not only let himself down, but also Kenny Dalglish, his teammates and the Club. It has been made absolutely clear to Luis Suarez that his behaviour was not acceptable.

"Luis Suarez has now apologised for his actions which was the right thing to do. However, all of us have a duty to behave in a responsible manner and we hope that he now understands what is expected of anyone representing Liverpool Football Club."

Grab a hammer and join in?

Ayre's statement throwing Suarez under the bus.

I think it was the only option. I know people feel strongly and disagree, but he was backed into a corner after events yesterday. There was nothing to fight.

I sympathise with your view to be honest. I think it's probably the "sensible" move and the one that will allow Suarez to get back to playing football and having a future here. But it just smacks of backing down, seeing as people have spent the past x amount of time fighting the corner only to see this bullshit, espeically considering the ambiguity surrounding the handshake and the words of that fucking cunt afterwards.

Its good politics, lets now move on and hope Fergies boys in the press leave him the fuck alone, however why the fuck wasnt he on the bench just to burn out Evra`s cap we could of brought him on after 10 minutes, we need to be as devious as the gin soak old cunt if we are not we will allways be his whipping boys.

Ayre is a cunt after that

Oh fucking behave.

Ian Ayre is "a cunt" becuase it's his name on that statement released by the club? You think ian Ayre just pulled that out of his arse or do you think there's been a discussion with John Henry, Kenny Dalglish, Tom Werner et al. Ian Ayre is our MD and as such it should be his name on that statement.

Now an apology from most of they players for yesterday's excuse for a performance would be nice. And one from Kenny for buying Downing.

Love to know what Kenny really thinks about all of this.

I think Kenny will walk away from football after the end of this season.

Even tho hes been a pundit on ESPN i think even he has been taken aback by the vindictive nature of the medias coverage of this.

I think he's been left to fight a battle on his own.

I have not enjoyed seeing him have to defend the whole club in front of that pie faced cunt Shreeves one bit.

I think the club have hung him and Luis out to dry from day one.

I hope he signs off with a couple of cups in his bin.

While that malignant, shit stain excuse, for a football club down the road end up with fuck all.

Cheers Kenny, you owe football nothing, and dont deserve any of this.

I don't recognize this club at the moment

we are now officially fergies little bitches

Ayre, you should be ashamed of yourself, you have pissed on the legacy of this club, dropping your trousers to please some fucked up media witch-hunt - gutless, spineless, disgusting

we're now being told who we can and can't shake hands with and Evra, well he can start a ruck at half-time and incite the crowd at full-time and nothing is said, where are the 2 FA charges or does he get let off because he is black?

If this decision was mandated by the owners then fuck them and their little bitch Ayre, it is everything that Liverpool is not, slaves to some morally repugnant PR machine that steamrolls over real debate when it smells blood and by god have they got their victim in Suarez

Suarez tweeted yesterday that "everything was not as it seems" so obviously he was pissed off about something and suddenly today he is apologising - smacks of being forced to do it and if I was him I'd be planning my Summer move right now after being treated so disgracefully here in England by the media, opposition fans and now the decision-makers at our own club

this is embarrassing, humiliating and wrong, we've hung this lad out to dry and that's not who we are at all, fuck you ayre you gutless prick

and kenny maybe has been fucked over by the owners here too

they couldn't have handled this any worse, either back us to the hilt and put a stop to it early, don't back massively then drop your trousers and fergie and gordon taylor and various inbred braindead media pundits have their say - this is not Liverpool, Suarez hasn't disgraced himself or the club, these statements have

If it was the case that Suarez apologised just to relieve some of the media pressure, then he's been badly advised. The whole statement by both himself and the club (via Ian Ayre) pins the blame 100% on Luis. The media really do have carte blanche to go to town on him now, and all Evra's transgressions yesterday will be forgotten. Even if it was a genuine attempt to show some contrition, the fact that Ian Ayre and the club have also commented has effectively hung Luis out to dry. After this, I'm certain he will want to leave in the summer.

Ferguson has knocked us so far off our perch, we don't know what it looks like any more.

Watched the clip again for the first time in real time since the game, and to me it definitely looks like Luis goes to shake the cunts hand, but when it wasn't there, he moved on. It was only after Luis went past that the cunt raised his hand.

I can understand when people say, we had to do this etc... etc...

In a sense maybe we did.

But was that Ian Ayre statement needed? I just don't see why it was.

The other factor that needs to be taken into account is even though this may be the thing we needed to do(I vehemently disagree) but even if it was theres still the issue that

Fergiscum, Evra and the media still have questions to answer.

Theres wider issues at stake now, one of which is the honour and dignity of this club which has been dragged through the mud and we've not once defended ourselves.

Alright apologies out of the way, now what are the people running this club going to do about defending it and its fans???

I think Kenny will walk away from football after the end of this season.

Even tho hes been a pundit on ESPN i think even he has been taken aback by the vindictive nature of the medias coverage of this.

I think he's been left to fight a battle on his own.

I have not enjoyed seeing him have to defend the whole club in front of that pie faced cunt Shreeves one bit.

I think the club have hung him and Luis out to dry from day one.

I hope he signs off with a couple of cups in his bin.

While that malignant, shit stain excuse, for a football club down the road end up with fuck all.

Cheers Kenny, you owe football nothing, and dont deserve any of this.

Agreed.

Really disappointed with the club.

You have to learn to choose the battles you take on. I didnt think this was one we could win.

In a nutshell that is it. The crux is if he has agreed to do it prior to the match and then not done so, he does need to apologise to the club. He hasn't apologised to anyone else, just the club.

If Luis was adamant that he wouldn't shake Evra's hand out of principle, which I would totally understand, he should've said so before the match so the handshaking had been cancelled like QPR vs Chelsea, and so that Kenny wasn't made to look like a fool with his quotes both before and after the game.

If he said he would and then didn't, I think the club's response is the right one.