You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

This sport

Redder Lurtz

Guest San Don

Excellent post by redder. I know how he feels.

I've been supporting the boys since the early 60's when football was a level playing field. It was level right up to about 10 years ago imo. Football missed its chance to maintain that levelness when commerade abramovich started chucking his cash about. That's when it all changed for the worst, when one individual was allowed to finance his club to unheard of amounts to win things.

We also started to get the chelshit fans say 'LFC used to buy the title.' Like fuck we did, we spent what we had or arranged overdraft facilities to buy players. No bank would have lent any club the sums abramovich made available to chelshit.

Now we have city going the same route but to an even greater extreme. Its happening in russia and it'll happen in Spain with the qataari's involved.

The meedja have alwasy been a bunch of twats. Yes, there used to be more pro LFC stuff but now they solely cater for the mongfest they whip up. Im sat here watching sunday supplement to see what they say about Suarez and sure enough they are trotting out the same old shit about the 'commission's report' how Suarez was found 'guilty' but failed to mention in a real court the charge would have been jibbed off for lack of credible evidence.

They railled against Dlaglish and LFC with their myopic agenda. They must feel proud of themselves.

I posted at the beginning of the season football wasnt the same anymore. I know Im right. Although Im an STH, I find Im having to force myself to go the game now rather than look forward to it.

You just know at games refs are shit scared of certain clubs and managers. You know the likes of webb will give united a soft pen given the chance. You know mason and atkinson are just looking for an excuse to send one of ours off. Its corrupt from top to bottom in the sense that refs, the FA, the PL and yes, even the players cheat and hoodwink each other to get an advantage.

Sky have a lot to answer for. Although they are a media outlet and basically finance our game, they also SHOULD have a fucking massive responsibility to keep the game in order if they want to promote the sport. Unfortunately they just want to stir as much shit as they possibly can to get a headline. The FA need to step in and have a serious word as it is obviously starting to incite hate amongst fans. The FA also need to put some rules in and stop players from commenting on social network site. I know in my profession and I know of others they do NOT like comments on these type of sites with regards to what you post on the internet in relation to your job. Greedy players , agents , the media etc the game is fucking wrecked. The media have the sport around there little finger and the fans are being brainwashed. The Suarez thing should never of happened in the first place. The FA and SKY have a lot to answer for yet again.

Excellent rant.

The problem you've got now, as I alluded to on another thread, is the growth of the 24 hour news media and the decline of newspapers. They have a two pronged influence on everything, be it Madeline McCanne's parents, and now even football itself.

24 hour media has two goals, to cover what it calls the news (very often not what many of us call news) but also, crucially, to set up the next story. It is looking constantly to create 'issues' it can feast on, so an incident isn't just covered for one day - it is streteched out and covered to death. You even saw it with the likes of Roul Moat when he went on the run, they were wheeling out survival experts and shit to see how he might 'survive' in the wilderness of North Yorkshire. It was brass eye esque.

So Sky owns football, but the game is no longer enough, it's no longer sexy or jazzy enough. It's traid to manipulate the fixtures and have as many 'grand slam Sundays' as it can, but there comes a time when even the sound of Jim White having an orgasm just can't excite the proles. So now we're venturing into off-firled scandal. Whether it be Redknapp. Terry (twice) Giggs, Suarez, 'will they or won't they shake hands'. Sort of like the way boxing went down hill, it's pantomime.

Same goes for the print media. As someone said in a post from another forum that SM posted, football journos are largely redundant now. Their match reports are old by the time they come out, and there are many more sources of opinion and comment - I'd rather read Roboriise or Paul's views on the match or a football issue than anyyone in Fleet Street.

So, like with the front of the paper - where 'news' has been replaced with shock tactic headlines, scandal, sleaze etc, so are the back pages now too. Because the industry thinks shock and sensationaism is the only road left open to it. That's why you've got people like Patrick Barclay having 'evolved' from writing a feature on '442 of 531?' to basically branding Liverpool fans murderers.

Expect more of the same as football and the media which feeds off it gets less and less popular.

Make no mistake though, you're not alone in your views, many people from different clubs havs said similar things to me. You'd be amazed how many people have only a passing interest in the Premiership now, the ones that are left are often bellends anyway - the type who shout abuse at the players while they sit there in their half and half liverpool and spurs scarves.

If you're into watching footy I'd strongly suggest going and watching your local lower league side, I did it with Runcorn and it's an eye opener. Tackles, pies, old school shit. And wait for the Premiership to reboot, it's no more than five years away at most IMO.

4/5 years i had a deep passion and love for the sport, that has slowly but surely been ground away to the point i am at now. Indifferent. If it wasn't for Liverpool FC, i probably wouldnt even bother watching it ever again.

Football died in 1992, what rose from its ashes is just an ugly money crazed soap opera full of divas and dickheads.

Basically the English equivalent of Dallas.

Fuck the FA, Media especially Holt and Barclay, Agents, Sky, British public and most of all fuck you Taggart.

Secsh, San Don and Walton you are all bang on about Sky.

Granted that Sky have invested massive money into the game and their match coverage is second to none in Europe. Where's that quote from "With great power comes great responsibility"? Is it Superman or some shit? Anyway, I can't think of a more applicable quote for Sky.

Because of their coverage capabilities, their reporting capabilities are far stronger than anyone elses. In effect they create the news, then report on it. The handshake debacle is a perfect example. It's all they talked about before the game and all they've talked about since. Syria is bombing the shit out of its own population, meanwhile two football players didn't shake hands. They need to be more responsible with their handling of football as they're turning it more and more into a fucking circus.

The point about players on Twitter is a valid one. In my opinion players shouldn't even release an autobiography until they retire. They never used to. Now we're at the stage where the England manager resigns and the headline is some semi-English bullshit Wayne fucking Rooney has managed to bang into Twitter with his fat stupid thumbs.

Apart from following LFC, and even that is less than I used to, can' t be bothered with it. Rotten to the core, I try to ignore everything - in the papers, radio, tv. They've all got an agenda. And the latest agenda is to get LFC.....whilst the 'tin pot' club from down the East Lancs are made out as paragons of virtue.......

And, I don't feel the game is straight, far too many dubious decisions for it to be 'good/bad luck'.....Almost as if it is scripted before the season starts.

We've lost the game....despite what Sly Sports and their mates say.

Secsh, San Don and Walton you are all bang on about Sky.

Granted that Sky have invested massive money into the game and their match coverage is second to none in Europe. Where's that quote from "With great power comes great responsibility"? Is it Superman or some shit? Anyway, I can't think of a more applicable quote for Sky.

Because of their coverage capabilities, their reporting capabilities are far stronger than anyone elses. In effect they create the news, then report on it. The handshake debacle is a perfect example. It's all they talked about before the game and all they've talked about since. Syria is bombing the shit out of its own population, meanwhile two football players didn't shake hands. They need to be more responsible with their handling of football as they're turning it more and more into a fucking circus.

The point about players on Twitter is a valid one. In my opinion players shouldn't even release an autobiography until they retire. They never used to. Now we're at the stage where the England manager resigns and the headline is some semi-English bullshit Wayne fucking Rooney has managed to bang into Twitter with his fat stupid thumbs.

I dont think the BBC are any better. Worse in fact.

The only attempt at balance ive seen is on ESPN.

Who, incidentally, Kenny worked for, and who his (lovely) daughter continues to work for.

Edit: Statement released. Suarez has bent over.

I'm putting Football itself on ignore, til the Carling Cup final.

Fuck this.

You literally CANNOT avoid this if you turn on any form of media device today.

I dont know if any one on here is following the American GOP nomination to take on Obama. If you are, you may be aware that there is quite strong evidence of media manipulaIion where the libertarian Ron Paul is concerned. He is very much in the running over there and is being totally ignored by the Murdoch owned press and TV on both sides of the pond. As well as all the other MSM. They are doing their level best to freeze him out.

It's a bit chilling really how the machine is taking over peoples minds.

It seems it is easliy done.

If i wasnt a Liverpool fan, i would like to think i would still be able to spot whats going on regardless of club loyalty.

So many pig shit thick cunts in this country sadly.

its actually amazing how much tripe sky and the red tops feed people and they just accept it without question, remember after England beat Trinidad in the world cup and the conversation had next day

Sky Fed Mong: good job we brought Rooney on or we'd have drawn

Me: He did fuck all

Sky Fed Mong: No his presence just inspired them

ah of course it did

Teetering on the precipice and if Kenny wasn't our manager, there is a good chance I'd jump.

Football is something I and I imagine many of you could never just get out of your system, what I would advise for anyone fed up of the Sky, Red Top bollocks and the ridiculous prices is to give a lower level of the game a go as I've found it brings all the fun back

I have Scouse roots and have always been an LFC fan since I got into Footy due to my dad and grandad supporting the reds and they were also more casual fans of our local team (Halifax) and took me down to watch them every now and then, then when I was about 13 started going down with my mates to most home games then the season after got a season ticket and did a couple of away games eventually culminating in me going to every game home and away nowadays

I still care for LFC a lot of course which is why I am on here etc and wouldn't encourage anyone to stop following them but if your falling out of love with the game due to the hype and all the bollocks with it, I'd advise going to watch some League 2 or Lower stuff every now and then just to bring a bit of reality back to the game

Hate football, love LFC.

When one of the pinnacles of world football, the Champions League (that supposedly displays some of the finest football talent globally) breeds an ethos of not losing your opening games, resulting in boring defensive play, you know things have gone wrong.

Football used to be more than just winning and the importance of the money that comes with it.

I'm seriously surprised people are still willing to fork out £40-60 a ticket in such large numbers. If the economy does go into free-fall I certainly hope we haven't started investing in a new stadium. Maybe if we keep Anfield in the future we'll still fill her out and our rivals will struggle to fill their 80,000 super stadiums and have crap atmospheres compared to ours.

Bit of a divergence... :whoops:

i dont see how anyone can complain about downings wages but happily pay 40 odd quid to get in a game another £50 for a shite replica shirt and pay sky £70/80 for their crap tele. face it you do any of this then you are contributing to the things you are complaining about. personally i thought the game was fucked when ticket prices reached a tenner.

i dont see how anyone can complain about downings wages but happily pay 40 odd quid to get in a game another £50 for a shite replica shirt and pay sky £70/80 for their crap tele. face it you do any of this then you are contributing to the things you are complaining about. personally i thought the game was fucked when ticket prices reached a tenner.

I heard the other day it costs £18 to watch Luton in the Conference, ridiculous!

An excellent rant there, and I agree with what you are saying.

I get away from the hype by coaching my daughters U10's football team and it really helps to connect back to the grass roots and it gives me immense pleasure to see them play on a Saturday morning. They play because they enjoy it and are there to have fun. No hysterics and theatrics, abusing the refs, diving, cheating, just girls enjoying running around and playing the game the way it should be played.

Then I watch Wales play rugby, and that puts an even bigger smile on my face!!!!

Everyone agrees that football is sick and in a state of disrepair.

The problem is that a lot of people have misdiagnosed the illness. They blame the likes of the Suarez debacle for the state it is in and they can feel nice and proud of saying this and doing their bit for racism.

Whereas the real culprits are the media, the social networkers, Sky, the FA, corrupt referees, Fergie, Jason fucking Roberts, and co.

I am depressed with the abuse I receive daily via text and e-mail about the club and Suarez and Kenny. A simple cultural misunderstanding that is being hyped up by all our detractors as a fucking global catostrophe, and who would have thought we had so many detractors.

I really wouldn't blame Suarez and Kenny for doing one in the summer. I really hope they don't but the two have been stitched up rightly by a combination of you know who.

The only thing that makes me see any light at the end of the tunnel for the club is my belief/hope in karma. Because if there is any justice in this world then a lot of good things will happen for us in the near future and a lot of bad things will happen for that shower down the road.

Haven't felt the same about Football for a long, long time... Started to get the buzz back when Rafa and Torres were running riot but Cancer and Aids put paid to that and then Kenny returns to restore some faith after Woy and Purslow and now it's all going to shite again.... Where it ends, who knows...

If Kenny decides in the summer that he can't carry on, I might just join him.

Guest davelfc

You can trace the decline to when sky took over, I know that's what everyone says but it's true. They control the agenda, they decide how outraged we are by something insignificant. They control it all, you can't be sexists they say, oh no. Forget they employ a lot of female presenters based on their sex appeal.

Then there is the cheating. I don't mean the odd handball or dive. I mean cheating, pumping billions into a team to achieve success. Chelsea started it and sky loved them for it. They won almost everything, well of course you're bound to do well if you're spunking hundreds of millions on players.

Citeh came next making the russian window licker look like a pauper. Half a billion spent and yet nobody calls cheat. Fall over in a challenge and you're a cheat but throw half a billion around on a bunch mercenaries and you're the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I quite agree that bacon face says exactly what he wants and nobody bats an eyelid. His pet monkey (shrek) can scream and swear at the ref all day and won't be shown a card. I'm still confused why we had to shake their hands on Saturday, as the home team aren't they supposed to shake our hand? It couldn't have all been engineered could it, nah that's paranoia.

I dreading sky getting hold of F1, hopefully because its a worldwide sport they won't be able to fuck it up as they've done with football.

I'm fucking sick of it. It's geared around opinions of an uneducated public fuelled by twitter articles by ITKs and shit stirring self-important "sports" writers, most of whom would be better suited to writing about events on Albert Square. Shit stains like Ollie Holt and Patrick Barclay have got a free reign to wind up whoever they see fit to - recently Liverpool fans.

We've got players like Stuart fucking Downing earning seventy thousand pounds a WEEK to put in gutless displays like his today when the likes of Swansea and Norwich have players on a fraction of that salary banging in goals and showing passion and balls week on week.

That red nosed fucking jock prick says what he wants to who he wants and gets away with murder. How that boozefaced cunt can make the comments he did about the lino at stamford bridge last week, steam into Liverpool prematch today and steam into Suarez postmatch without anyone questioning it is disgusting. And that cunt has got a knighthood.

Put your club prejudices to one side for one second and consider how many goals Yakubu has scored for Blackburn compared with that 35 million pound pony tailed waste of space we've got.

An Italian with a near 70% win rate for Ingurlund fucks off after a row over that mong of a captain and is promptly paid ONE AND A HALF MILLION POUNDS for resigning. What the fuck? I don't even know where to start with that.

Pricks like Mark fucking Bright can say what they like about Liverpool on twitter as it's not governed by the same body who police the press. So the same cunts who work for national TV stations and write for national papers use twitter as an extension for their own bitter views their employers won't allow them to air.

Refereeing in this country is so far past a joke it's almost funny again. The resistance to any kind of technology is utterly laughable given what's available. So we're left in the dark ages with referees making decisions on what they think they might have seen or what they're not 100% sure they did see. And we wonder why decisions are inconsistent. What a fucking joke.

And Tony Pulis - have the common decency to take your fucking stupid baseball cap off when you're being interviewed you horrible clogfest coaching wanker.

This fucking sport disgusts me. There are some really good lads on this forum and what continues to baffle me is why I and those decent lads bother with this fucking shitfest that is football.

/rant

Redders! Fucking brilliant mate. And I agree with every word pal. :thumbup:

I dreading sky getting hold of F1, hopefully because its a worldwide sport they won't be able to fuck it up as they've done with football.

I'm just glad thet didn't get it when Schumacher was dicking everything, he was already like the F1 version of Man Utd without their input