You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

RE Suarez: Is it time for the club to go shit or bust?

Randy Marsh

Should the club publicly tell our story of the Suarez case?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Should the club publicly tell our story of the Suarez case?

• Yes
    • No

The only way to end all this commotion is just simply to win matches. Once we start winning matches people will forget the rest. Unfortunately we are shit at scoring and winning without scoring is impossible. As long as we keep loosing and keep being down in the sporting department the media will continue to ass fuck us anyway they can, win matches and it ends.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think theres a certain element of truth in that.

We go on a winning run and it will certainly take the focus away from the off field stuff.

But at the end of the day, we've allowed this horrible campaign against the club to grow and grow through inaction and after today its going to be an absolute onslaught.

We can't rely on winning matches to help now. Something has to be done.

A lot of us said that more than a month ago and nothing was done. The club needs to cut this shit out, get its act together and stand up for Luis Suarez, our image and our fans.

Its nothing short of a disgrace at this point for them to continue to fail to do this.

I've had a few bevvies today, so cut us some slack with this post:

I am fucking sick of this club being so shithouse. When Suarez was banned and the club released a statement, I was delighted because it seemed as though the club finally had it's bollocks back. One thing I've realised though is that when you don't actually expand upon why you're pissed off with why a player has been banned for racially abusing somebody and use pointless rhetoric such as "we're all behind Luis" and "we all believe in Luis" etc, then it really does look as though you're condoning racism. If somebody had come out and called the FA panel a crock of shit and relayed a load of reasons why, then I would have been fucking made up and used it as evidence against the mongs who I'm sick of having to defend shit against. It really shouldn't be Dalglish's domain, and if I was him, I'd be there in Boston telling Henry and all of those on the admin side of things to pull their fingers out, rather than let it all drag out. It really shouldn't be his responsibility and somebody needs to put up or shut up.

I am fucking sick of this club being so shithouse. When Suarez was banned and the club released a statement, I was delighted because it seemed as though the club finally had it's bollocks back. One thing I've realised though is that when you don't actually expand upon why you're pissed off with why a player has been banned for racially abusing somebody and use pointless rhetoric such as "we're all behind Luis" and "we all believe in Luis" etc, then it really does look as though you're condoning racism. If somebody had come out and called the FA panel a crock of shit and relayed a load of reasons why, then I would have been fucking made up and used it as evidence against the mongs who I'm sick of having to defend shit against. It really shouldn't be Dalglish's domain, and if I was him, I'd be there in Boston telling Henry and all of those on the admin side of things to pull their fingers out, rather than let it all drag out. It really shouldn't be his responsibility and somebody needs to put up or shut up.

Bang fucking on mate.

I'm sick of the way we've dealt with all of this. Absolute fucking farce.

John Henry needs to sort this fucking shit out, hands on, because whomevers in charge...be it Ian Ayre or whomever... have made a balls of it.

I think the most likely outcome is that Kenny will be told by the owners that Suarez is being moved on in the summer, which will prompt his departure "by mutual consent".

Honestly, if there's no defence mounted I think that is the most likely outcome. It's the easiest way for the owners to sweep it under the carpet with the least amount of damage to their investment's reputation. Opting for all out legal warfare would be the most dignified option, but the powers that be obviously didn't like that idea.

I think the most likely outcome is that Kenny will be told by the owners that Suarez is being moved on in the summer, which will prompt his departure "by mutual consent".

Honestly, if there's no defence mounted I think that is the most likely outcome. It's the easiest way for the owners to sweep it under the carpet with the least amount of damage to their investment's reputation. Opting for all out legal warfare would be the most dignified option, but the powers that be obviously didn't like that idea.

If that happens they can fuck off as well.

I sort of have that fear too. They'll push him out the door. I have a gut feeling and its only a feeling they don't like whats gone on. Racism is such a huge huge taboo in America...even though Luis has been stitched up beyond belief they will want to look as good as possible in this for fear of a backlash at home.

Basically means, no fightback incase they are accused of condoning racism.

Thats my guess, no evidence for it like but I just have a feeling thats their view of it.

Which of course is fine if your John Henry in America, if you're Luis Suarez or Liverpool football club in England it means an absolute fucking disaster.

Good thread. I think it is Suarez decision if he wants to shake evra's hand, don't think the club need to respond to that.

But they need to issue a response to fergies post match comments regarding Suarez him being a disgrace etc, especially the bit about the riot! All because he did not shake evra's hand, I thought evra was inciting trouble at the end.

If that happens they can fuck off as well.

Would you rule out the possibility though? I wouldn't be surprised if they've considered it already. Think about it, a "racist" player and his out of touch manager gone; it would be hailed by our (virtuous) press as a statement of intent, an attempt to put the club back in favour with anyone the Suarez saga has alienated.

Jason Roberts and Gordon Taylor would be on the radio speaking of how a great institution like Liverpool Football Club can now look to the future and put this episode behind them. John Barnes would offer a more balanced view, dissenting from the consensus, so he'd be ignored.

The more things change...

If this happens I'm packing them in. That would be a total climbdown and surrender in the face of lies and corruption to preserve the "brand integrity", and in that case they can get fucked, I will pay no attention of any sort to them ever again. I know they wont care, but I'll know I never caved in even if they did.

Would you rule out the possibility though? I bet it would be tempting for them, "racist" player and manager gone, it would be hailed by our wonderful press as a statement of intent, an attempt to put the club back in favour with anyone the Suarez saga might have alienated.

Are you mixing these people up with Christian Purslow, who did everything according to how well the media might portray it, regardless of whether it made any logical sense for the club or not? And such a move would be a monumental morale boost for the remaining players and staff wouldn't it? After all, they did back Suarez to the hilt.

I'm starting to understand what it means to be an LFC supporter: I went to work to get my mind off the football.

As for the Scum and Ferguson and the press and the FA and the rest of them, they can all go fuck themselves.

They wanted Luis, and by extension, LFC to kneel down. That's what they've wanted all along.

Fuck 'em.

But I do agree we shouldn't have taken the muddled middle road.

Either accept the kangaroo court's decision and let it drop entirely, or fight it as far as as possible.

Bang fucking on mate.

I'm sick of the way we've dealt with all of this. Absolute fucking farce.

John Henry needs to sort this fucking shit out, hands on, because whomevers in charge...be it Ian Ayre or whomever... have made a balls of it.

I think Kenny will walk away at the end off the season.

I hope to god he wins a cup.

I'm out of rep but will be back to rep you later.

FSG have been a major fucking disappointment over this. We should have gone down the route of total apology or total defence. Instead it's become a disaster with us chasing the media's tail at every turn.

Ive went to war with my mates today on twitter weeks ive had to put up with there snide comments,not anymore i blew my fucking stack .There all sunderland and newcastle fans and honest the shite they spout about raceist issues and saurez and lfc is unbelivable,considering ive sat in the pub with them while the say black cunt or pakis fucking double standards everywhere id say the majority of people have said a raceist remark FUCKING BOILING ferguson what about cantonas kung fu assault

This club only has itself to blame at the moment. From top to bottom, it's amateur hour.

We're stupid, it's that basic, we're fucking stupid and we're unable to get a grip on it. Either back Suarez 1000000% and chase these fuckers, or suspend him and sell him in the Summer. Make a decision and make it tonight, it's not that fucking hard, it's really not. Done. Then it'll all go away overnight basically, or, it'll be full-on but the fans and players will know that Suarez will get the legal support he needs to take these fuckers to the cleaners. But it's gotten to the point now where I even doubt myself backing Suarez now. The whole world is telling us we are wrong to support him, and I'm now starting to believe them because we're not fighting it.

I thought this club had morals, and god knows we've suffered injustice, and that's always been a massive part of why I've loved this club.

But it's ebbing away a little bit, we're letting ourselves go, we've given up fighting. This whole episode feels like the club have been raped by United, the media, and the FA, and we're just snivelling in the corner.

For fucks sake, 18 league titles, 5 European Cups, can we not have a bit of self-respect?

How did the owners end up with most of the blame here? Were they even involved in this for the 5 or 6 weeks between the incident and the FA ruling. I thought I got the impression that they only got involved after the ruling was made. Who was responsible for the defense?

If you own a 'business', then it's sort of your problem to oversee an issue that could be highly damaging to the brand.

Do they expect someone else to step in and protect it for them?

I'm bored of the silence and lack of action from the club to deal with all this abuse, I hate it, I can't enjoy just being a football fan anymore, and that's not right.

Guest San Don
Paul Merson is defending Suarez and criticising Evra on Twitter. I shit you not.

Kinell. Who'd have thought it, a sky pundit defending one of ours more than some of ours!

If you own a 'business', then it's sort of your problem to oversee an issue that could be highly damaging to the brand.

Do they expect someone else to step in and protect it for them?

I'm bored of the silence and lack of action from the club to deal with all this abuse, I hate it, I can't enjoy just being a football fan anymore, and that's not right.

They are in Boston, they are obviously relying on other people to run the day to day operations of the club. If they are getting told that everything is getting take care of properly how are they to know it was getting fucked up until the FA report came out? If you look at the statements put out by the club before the report was released they all come across as having high confidence in the defense of Suarez. Maybe I am wrong but I just don't see how the people who have the least knowledge of how thing works in the UK and how the FA operate are the ones getting the most blame.

Paul Merson is defending Suarez and criticising Evra on Twitter. I shit you not.

What is his twitter handle?