You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Have a rant thread

Sugar Ape

Trying to improve my mood by watching the BBC concert. Its not working. My mrs loves Calvin Harris and hes on now. Fair enough I like his music but fuck me, all he does is bring along a recording of his music and jumps about behind a desk. Make an effort!

• 2 months later...

Had breckie in a restaurant the other day, the table on either side brought their kids, one was watching a film loudly on a tablet and the other had an actual fucking Bontempi keyboard. What the actual fuck is going on with this 'the outside world is no different to my kitchen' type shit? 

I might start brushing my teeth on the bus and shitting in the middle of the dancefloor on a night out. And if you don't like it then fuck you as I'm speaking my truth. 

• Upvote 8

On 21/05/2022 at 08:18, Karl_b said:

I'm with you here Mook. The last few gigs I went to pre-Covid were ruined by people talking and drinking like it was a nightclub. I'm now at a point where I don't want to go to gigs because it's so bad, the cunts are ruining everything. It isn't just cheap, local gigs either - people are paying in excess of £30 to go chat to their mates and wait for the one song they've heard from the radio/Spotify.

Everything is shit. Everything.

The Mrs and I are a couple of old ravers, but last time we went out clubbing, 90% of the cunts in there stood around pouting at their phones. Could also be for the realising you're older thread (we were twice as old as half of them), but they seemed more interested in being seen there than actually enjoying the music.

3 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

The Mrs and I are a couple of old ravers, but last time we went out clubbing, 90% of the cunts in there stood around pouting at their phones. Could also be for the realising you're older thread (we were twice as old as half of them), but they seemed more interested in being seen there than actually enjoying the music.

LXsR.gif

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Rushies tash said:

Boils my piss that.

I was born in 1980 so I missed the warehouse raves etc but I started going clubbing at 16. Life@Bowlers was my place and it was full of people having an awesome time, leaving inhibitions at the door and just letting loose from the shit mundane weekdays.

This sums up then and now...

The club from the 1990 section is Quadrant Park. N-Joi - "Anthem"; what a tune!!!

• Upvote 2

Brother in Law has come to see us on our usual 5week summer holiday. I was under the impression he was staying for 1 week but apparently everyone knew it was 2. Total screw job. He's like a 50 year old baby and days in I'm fucking sick of him. Poor dog is a about to get her 5th walk of the day in 30 degree heat so I can get out of the flat. 

He brought his Karimor hiking boots and one pair of shorts. The rest of his clothes are not suitable for where we are which means either me or MrsD will have to spend a morning or afternoon in the shops with him. He forgot most of his medicine which means either me or MrsD will have to sort out a doctors appointment for him to get a prescription.  He is unable to follow the simplest of instructions such as pass me that plate, or can I get by please?

MrsD was insistent that he went to the bakery this morning to get the bread, I walked down with the dog at the same time, he didn't have any money. Ok then,you walk the dog ill get the bread. He just stood there holding the lead so I then had to walk the dog anyway because he had not got her to have a shit. 

Honest to God. 

3 hours ago, Preston Red said:

Boils my piss that.

I was born in 1980 so I missed the warehouse raves etc but I started going clubbing at 16. Life@Bowlers was my place and it was full of people having an awesome time, leaving inhibitions at the door and just letting loose from the shit mundane weekdays.

This sums up then and now...

The club from the 1990 section is Quadrant Park. N-Joi - "Anthem"; what a tune!!!

Get the InDemand Radio app mate, Lee Butler on at breakfast, 9am-10am it’s tunes, no news, few ads. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Brother in Law has come to see us on our usual 5week summer holiday. I was under the impression he was staying for 1 week but apparently everyone knew it was 2. Total screw job. He's like a 50 year old baby and days in I'm fucking sick of him. Poor dog is a about to get her 5th walk of the day in 30 degree heat so I can get out of the flat. 

He brought his Karimor hiking boots and one pair of shorts. The rest of his clothes are not suitable for where we are which means either me or MrsD will have to spend a morning or afternoon in the shops with him. He forgot most of his medicine which means either me or MrsD will have to sort out a doctors appointment for him to get a prescription.  He is unable to follow the simplest of instructions such as pass me that plate, or can I get by please?

MrsD was insistent that he went to the bakery this morning to get the bread, I walked down with the dog at the same time, he didn't have any money. Ok then,you walk the dog ill get the bread. He just stood there holding the lead so I then had to walk the dog anyway because he had not got her to have a shit. 

Honest to God. 

My son is with a french girl and her sister and brother came to stay for a week a month or two back at their pokey little Mann Island flat. His sentiments were very similar,minus a family pet. Is there a theme here?

7 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

My son is with a french girl and her sister and brother came to stay for a week a month or two back at their pokey little Mann Island flat. His sentiments were very similar,minus a family pet. Is there a theme here?

les-mis-les-miserable.gif

1 hour ago, Kepler-186 said:

Get the InDemand Radio app mate, Lee Butler on at breakfast, 9am-10am it’s tunes, no news, few ads. 

I've got it mate. I often listen to that and the occasional mix that I've done.

Awesome radio station as it cuts out the majority of the shite from big networks.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I think I say this every year…but people who go to work in the summer leaving a few upstairs windows open and then set the house alarm.  A breeze then moves the curtains and the fucking alarm goes off all fucking day. 

Have you checked they aren’t getting ransacked or are you secretly hoping they are and someone’s laying an arse cable in their front room?

On 08/08/2022 at 17:25, Section_31 said:

Had breckie in a restaurant the other day, the table on either side brought their kids, one was watching a film loudly on a tablet and the other had an actual fucking Bontempi keyboard. What the actual fuck is going on with this 'the outside world is no different to my kitchen' type shit? 

I might start brushing my teeth on the bus and shitting in the middle of the dancefloor on a night out. And if you don't like it then fuck you as I'm speaking my truth. 

Its like.when you go to a pub and everyone's kids are running round annoying everyone and they are just sitting off getting pissed or are just on their phones. They can't possibly miss out on going the pub but at the same time can't be arsed getting someone to mind them. 

It may work at home with your lazy parenting skills but control your fucking kids while I'm trying to enjoy my free time you utter twats. 

I take my son swimming most Saturdays and they have a viewing gallery where I can sit off and have an hour or so peace watching him. There's usually a kids party with a bouncy castle in there in the main hall. All the parents are on their phones letting them run riot but then let them run out of the main hall and into the swimming viewing area screeching and fighting each other. I shouted at them to shut up and one of the twat parents came in on the bounce to me asking  why I shouted at them. Basically just told them to fuck off and keep an eye on their kids.

• Upvote 1

On 11/08/2022 at 18:48, Harry Squatter said:

Its like.when you go to a pub and everyone's kids are running round annoying everyone and they are just sitting off getting pissed or are just on their phones. They can't possibly miss out on going the pub but at the same time can't be arsed getting someone to mind them. 

It may work at home with your lazy parenting skills but control your fucking kids while I'm trying to enjoy my free time you utter twats. 

I take my son swimming most Saturdays and they have a viewing gallery where I can sit off and have an hour or so peace watching him. There's usually a kids party with a bouncy castle in there in the main hall. All the parents are on their phones letting them run riot but then let them run out of the main hall and into the swimming viewing area screeching and fighting each other. I shouted at them to shut up and one of the twat parents came in on the bounce to me asking  why I shouted at them. Basically just told them to fuck off and keep an eye on their kids.

My local has gone that way recently with people bringing kids in, they don't give a fuck about how it might piss others off, I mean it's not exactly the type of establishment you would want kids in. 

Not to mention laddish lads talking at maximum decibels, it's gone right down. 

• Upvote 1