You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Have a rant thread

Sugar Ape

2 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

The wife’s name is Adele. 

She says she’ll see you outside the County Road KFC. 

Apologies, I know it’s a different Adele you’re on about. But if she’s out duffing you up, then I’m in for a peaceful afternoon. 

By way of a thanks, there’ll be a corn on the cob with your name on it behind the counter when you finish getting pasted.

How will he eat that with no front teeth?

• 3 weeks later...

KidD has been doing a martial arts for about 2 years now. She really enjoys it and has gone up a few levels but the cost just seems to go up and up. Started out £40 a month for a weekly lesson. Plus her uniform another £50. Every time she has a grading £30 and she needs a specific tshirt for that, £25.  She went up a class so there's two in a week, £65 a month. Needs some safety nunchucks and a small staff, that's £50. Most kids have the patches on their uniforms now, £35 and another £20 to get them sewn on professionally. Want to go to a tournament? £100 to enter. Halloween party? £15 for 2 slices of pizza and a 10p mix with some party games. 

I've done the mental maths and they must be fucking raking it in over there between all the classes they do. Let alone the adult ones.  KidD really enjoys it and it's helped with her confidence after a quite insular lockdown with her immediate family but I do feel like they take the piss with the charges when nearly £800 a year is the absolutely bog standard charge. 

She better win a fucking Kumite in my lifetime. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

KidD has been doing a martial arts for about 2 years now. She really enjoys it and has gone up a few levels but the cost just seems to go up and up. Started out £40 a month for a weekly lesson. Plus her uniform another £50. Every time she has a grading £30 and she needs a specific tshirt for that, £25.  She went up a class so there's two in a week, £65 a month. Needs some safety nunchucks and a small staff, that's £50. Most kids have the patches on their uniforms now, £35 and another £20 to get them sewn on professionally. Want to go to a tournament? £100 to enter. Halloween party? £15 for 2 slices of pizza and a 10p mix with some party games. 

I've done the mental maths and they must be fucking raking it in over there between all the classes they do. Let alone the adult ones.  KidD really enjoys it and it's helped with her confidence after a quite insular lockdown with her immediate family but I do feel like they take the piss with the charges when nearly £800 a year is the absolutely bog standard charge. 

Which martial art is she doing that requires nunchucks and a staff?

Fair fucks for getting into it but I do agree that they hammer you for money. My local KUGB club was reasonably priced but the tournaments were massive money spinners. Big entry fee to have some England team member use you as a punch bag.

16 minutes ago, Preston Red said:

Which martial art is she doing that requires nunchucks and a staff?

Fair fucks for getting into it but I do agree that they hammer you for money. My local KUGB club was reasonably priced but the tournaments were massive money spinners. Big entry fee to have some England team member use you as a punch bag.

Some South Korean one. The older ones actually use swords and that. 

It just seems like once they get the kids in its a free for all on the money front. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

My mate has been ranting on the same, he has 2 kids doing it and says there is something extra every week.

They started doing ‘half gradings’ now which need to be paid for but I gather mean absolutely nothing.

Then they’ll have a visit from some Brazilian karate chap who’s meant to be a big deal and they’ll be handed a bill for that.

My mate said he moaned a few months ago to the bloke running it that it seemed to just be money spinning everywhere and he got a full volley of abuse, normally he’d kick off back but felt it might not be the best move in the circumstances.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Some South Korean one. The older ones actually use swords and that. 

It just seems like once they get the kids in its a free for all on the money front. 

Nice.

The kids are basically access to your bank account. They know parents always want what's best for the kids so prices go up accordingly.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Geoff Woade said:

normally he’d kick off back but felt it might not be the best move in the circumstances.

Haha yeah the guy who runs this is only about 5 foot, under normal circumstances I'd think I could take a guy like that if it came down to it. Once we were early and waited outside the Dojo and I saw him do a mad spinning kick about 7ft in the air from a standing start. It's the same reason I'd never fight a chinaman. Just in case. 

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Jackie Scam 

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

Crouching Tiger Hidden charges.

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Enter the Pin 

Mortal Chargeback 

7 hours ago, Geoff Woade said:

My mate has been ranting on the same, he has 2 kids doing it and says there is something extra every week.

They started doing ‘half gradings’ now which need to be paid for but I gather mean absolutely nothing.

Then they’ll have a visit from some Brazilian karate chap who’s meant to be a big deal and they’ll be handed a bill for that.

My mate said he moaned a few months ago to the bloke running it that it seemed to just be money spinning everywhere and he got a full volley of abuse, normally he’d kick off back but felt it might not be the best move in the circumstances.

If you get a volley full of abuse from anybody who is supposed to be a teacher or tutor in kid's sport then you should fuck that club off right away and find another.

• Upvote 2