You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Have a rant thread

Sugar Ape

5 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

They're a pair of tedious idiots. 

Schofield being hailed as brave was hilarious. Maybe if he was a cage fighter or in the SAS or something, but fucking hell.

"I want to announce that I'm gay, but worried what impact it will have on my career in daytime women's TV and its features about female incontinence and the best biscuits to dip in tea."

I felt for his wife.

47 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Holly fuckin' Willoughby has come out as dyslexic on live TV, in an emotional and somewhat moving admission, she received a hug from Pip who you might recall also let the public know of his emotional struggles. 

Isn't it heartwarming and reassuring that these leading lights of entertainment can share their traumatic experiences with us? 

I for one pay tribute to these people and thank them for their honesty and bravery of which of course will help others to overcome their own personal struggles, I could almost cry. 

I definitely preferred it when people didn’t feel the need to tell you everything about themselves. 
I’ll sound like a cock here but I’ve had enough of the ‘it’s ok to not be ok’ stuff. It’s fine for actual problems but it feels like if you say ‘I’m alright thanks’ you’re now seen as a bit of a weirdo.

My mate says the CEO of his company is always at it on video town halls, telling everyone to ‘share’, he’ll the tell a story about something from his past and do this fake sob. Every time

I saw it mentioned that presenters were literally crying on the tv about captain Tom dying, they need to get a grip of themselves. 
Why can’t people just be normal? We’re turning into a gang of fannies, if the Russians ever decide to invade ‘Red Dawn’ style we wouldn’t last 5 minutes.

• Upvote 1

On 30/01/2021 at 10:39, Rico1304 said:

My car insurance is up, last year £550, this yrs quote £670. I phone up and they drop it £70 straight away.  It’s £440 with Sheila’s Wheels. Robbing cunts.  

How'd they try and justify it? Claims must be down so much on the last few years.

4 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

They didn’t.  Just offered the small discount and when I said no just wished me luck!  They obviously rely on inertia. 

This, same as phone contracts. Most people are used to the prices of things creeping up and couldn't be arsed arguing.

Thankfully I'm cheap as fuck, and twice as stubborn.

19 minutes ago, Geoff Woade said:

I definitely preferred it when people didn’t feel the need to tell you everything about themselves. 
I’ll sound like a cock here but I’ve had enough of the ‘it’s ok to not be ok’ stuff. It’s fine for actual problems but it feels like if you say ‘I’m alright thanks’ you’re now seen as a bit of a weirdo.

My mate says the CEO of his company is always at it on video town halls, telling everyone to ‘share’, he’ll the tell a story about something from his past and do this fake sob. Every time

I saw it mentioned that presenters were literally crying on the tv about captain Tom dying, they need to get a grip of themselves. 
Why can’t people just be normal? We’re turning into a gang of fannies, if the Russians ever decide to invade ‘Red Dawn’ style we wouldn’t last 5 minutes.

Yeah it's a load of bollocks. My old company made a meal of it, had mental health first aiders etc, yet when I was off work with stress once the boss tried to get rid of me. 

Basically business will monetise anything. They'll destroy the mental health of workers with their working conditions but then try to score positive PR out of making it look like they're part of the solution. Same for their "green credentials" (we had four bins for different things in every kitchen, but was reliably informed they all went in the same skip).

Bollocks incorporated.

• Upvote 8

10 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Yeah it's a load of bollocks. My old company made a meal of it, had mental health first aiders etc, yet when I was off work with stress once the boss tried to get rid of me. 

Basically business will monetise anything. They'll destroy the mental health of workers with their working conditions but then try to score positive PR out of making it look like they're part of the solution. Same for their "green credentials" (we had four bins for different things in every kitchen, but was reliably informed they all went in the same skip).

Bollocks incorporated.

Nail on head.

"We truly care about our employees. Oh what's that, you have food poisoning and are off for over a week despite not missing more than a day a year for 5 years? Here's a written warning to read while you're shitting blood still."

Mental health stuff is even worse. Preach preach preach, then when someone is obviously struggling a bit, they'll throw a load of grief and criticism their way or try and boot them.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Geoff Woade said:

Can't rep this enough.

If you're having problems, tell your doctor or your wife/husband. You don't need to cry in public or spam Facebook with posts about mens mental health.

Fucking gimps.

• Upvote 2

Car insurance company contacted me in January to say if Ive driven less this year they 'could' offer a refund. They sent this gem to me 9 months into the policy term. Shouldnt they have sent it to me in May just after I renewed?

Cunts. Leave it to the last minute then say 'oh, you've had the policy for 9 months now so any refund will only be relevant to the last 3 months and because we front load your policy, you'll get fuck all back. But we wanted to show we care'!

6 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Nail on head.

"We truly care about our employees. Oh what's that, you have food poisoning and are off for over a week despite not missing more than a day a year for 5 years? Here's a written warning to read while you're shitting blood still."

Mental health stuff is even worse. Preach preach preach, then when someone is obviously struggling a bit, they'll throw a load of grief and criticism their way or try and boot them.

My workplace made a big fanfare over "R U OK" day last year, about how it had been such a tough year and we should all be mindful of our own mental health and that of our colleagues blablabla.

They made 300 people redundant the following week. 

images (54).jpeg

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Mook said:

Can't rep this enough.

If you're having problems, tell your doctor or your wife/husband. You don't need to cry in public or spam Facebook with posts about mens mental health.

Fucking gimps.

Someone I know tweeted recently that they'd had a breakdown and that work had been very supportive etc, loads of people tweeted support saying they'd been feeling down lately etc. Bizarrely they were back at work and tweeting again after about five days.

It made me a bit uncomfortable to be honest.

When you're mentally in a really bad place, probably the very first thing you do is steer clear of social media, in fact it's usually the first thing your mates notice that makes them realise you're not yourself. 

You're also not back at work after five days, maybe a month if you're lucky. Very strange.

Just now, Herp McDerp said:

My workplace made a big fanfare over "R U OK" day last year, about how it had been such a tough year and we should all be mindful of our own mental health and that of our colleagues blablabla.

They made 300 people redundant the following week. 

images (54).jpeg

Similar with about 40 employees getting the chop in ours.

They're good employers in many ways but I just wish they'd cut the obvious shite out. There no need for it. Just be decent and no need to pretend you're trying to save the fucking world.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

Someone I know tweeted recently that they'd had a breakdown and that work had been very supportive etc, loads of people tweeted support saying they'd been feeling down lately etc. Bizarrely they were back at work and tweeting again after about five days.

It made me a bit uncomfortable to be honest.

When you're mentally in a really bad place, probably the very first thing you do is steer clear of social media, in fact it's usually the first thing your mates notice that makes them realise you're not yourself. 

You're also not back at work after five days, maybe a month if you're lucky. Very strange.

Not even enough time to watch a decent box set.

38 minutes ago, Mook said:

Can't rep this enough.

Fucking gimps.

This is one of may reasons why i have jibbed facebook off. I have three mates who have have had various levels of mental health issues over the last five years, and i was always there for them as a friend (real friendship, not the countless blag facebook ones) but god it's hard work on social media. Its either constant inspirational quotes or the status update about "please repost because people are suffering" and one lad who just constantly refers to the period when he was depressed. Every comment is answered with the same thing... "See the match last night?" "Got anything planned for a holiday this year?" or "How is your Mum?" is met with "When i was suffering from depression...." answers.  It got to the point where it was depressing me reading it and not relevant at all. 

I've had issues, most of us have. The difference is that most of us don't share it with people we worked with for three weeks back in 2004, we go to seek professional help and either get prescribed medication or counselling to try and get to the heart of whatever it is you aren't feeling right about.   

It gets to the stage where you genuinely believe that they just miss the attention they received when they actually were unwell, and play on that. Which may not be the case, but it's difficult to not get cynical about it when it's so constant.  

As Section said, the last place you want to go to when you aren't in a good place is social media

• Upvote 6

51 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

They didn’t.  Just offered the small discount and when I said no just wished me luck!  They obviously rely on inertia. 

ABC consumer show 'The Checkout' reported on this and that most people don't question it or get alternate quotes. They called it paying the stupid tax.

Lots of the show on Youtube, not only informative on all sorts of consumer stuff but very funny.

• Upvote 1

Daft cunts who go on TV shows who get ridiculed or made a massive cunt out of.

Some fella who knows my mate went on that Take me out, the guy is in his early 50s and he thinks he's some silver fox George Clooney type. Went on and got put in with a load of birds who were between 21 and 30 who all ripped him and said he was too old. He didn't even end up going on a date as they all rejected him. 

He thought it was hilarious and was either oblivious to it or is some mad attention seeker who doesn't care as long as people are talking about him.

5 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Seen better birds on the street, she's got a weird gob, though that wouldn't put me off. Fuck knows why she's in the Echo every day. 

Agreed mate, I wouldn't take the back doors off with Mooks. The fucking boot. 

s-l400.jpgs-l300.jpg holly-willoughby_glamour_28feb17_gettyim 24830650-0-Holly_Willoughby_sizzles_in_r5d4d0b8838ff4c478724f02f4a4daeef.jpg

3 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Daft cunts who go on TV shows who get ridiculed or made a massive cunt out of.

Some fella who knows my mate went on that Take me out, the guy is in his early 50s and he thinks he's some silver fox George Clooney type. Went on and got put in with a load of birds who were between 21 and 30 who all ripped him and said he was too old. He didn't even end up going on a date as they all rejected him. 

He thought it was hilarious and was either oblivious to it or is some mad attention seeker who doesn't care as long as people are talking about him.

I'd only go on Take Me Out with a suicide vest on and absolutely nothing to lose.

"Reject this motherfuckers" 

"That'll fucking ding dang doo for you etc and so forth"

• Upvote 3