You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Have a rant thread

Sugar Ape

I have these power line adapters, they plug in to the wall and carry high speed network from the router to my tv so I can watch the utter shite on Netflix at very high quality. 

I've recently changed internet provider and they stopped working with the new hub immediately. After a chat with the internet provider, I decided that I would be better throwing the issue at my 2 year old grandson to solve. So I end up chatting with support for the link adapters. They decide the adapters need replacing, fair enough and an amazing coincidence I think but fuck it. 

So after me sending them proof of purchase (amazon screen shot) and the serial numbers etc I send them back at my expense and when they arrive they send me replacements. I am almost guaranteeing they won't work again, but willing to play along just in case they do.

So this company has my billing address on the amazon screenshot, the parcel has my return address and just for safe measure I add a sticker on the box (that's inside the package) with the RMA number and my return address. 

Today they email me and are asking me to give them my address so they can send me the package. Useless fuckers....

• 3 weeks later...

Tests you have to do when you apply for jobs. For a shit job that would pay me fucking 60k per year, before even getting an interview, I have to do three tests, all of which have absolutely nothing to do with the actual job. And of course the last one is a timed test on the phone, which I fail because I buckle under the pressure. Love that. Back in the day, I bet you could get a job in that pay bracket by just charming some interviewer for 5 minutes.

7 minutes ago, sir roger said:

You have a different opinion of a shit job to me, 3 Stacks.

Good luck with your job search.

Maybe I shouldn't have added how much it pays. What I should have said was, in my understanding, it was not exactly a job you needed to be uber-qualified for education wise and their interview process didn't reflect that.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Tests you have to do when you apply for jobs. For a shit job that would pay me fucking 60k per year, before even getting an interview, I have to do three tests, all of which have absolutely nothing to do with the actual job. And of course the last one is a timed test on the phone, which I fail because I buckle under the pressure. Love that. Back in the day, I bet you could get a job in that pay bracket by just charming some interviewer for 5 minutes.

I’ve had a few of them.  I’ve no idea how old you are (that means how long you’ve been out of school) but I found the maths ones were very keen on % changes.  I wrote out the various formulas before starting and that helped. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I’ve had a few of them.  I’ve no idea how old you are (that means how long you’ve been out of school) but I found the maths ones were very keen on % changes.  I wrote out the various formulas before starting and that helped. 

"if you turn this lever this way how long until Gwladys freezes to death?" type questions as well I bet mate? 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Sorry it was just in relation to your little spat the other day, no malice intended. 

You know, and we danced for a while, then we fell on the couch.

Spat with Stig? We are mates, we are allowed to disagree on stuff.  Weird if we didn’t really. 

3 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Righto, it was just that football Forum thing, i can't even remember, sound anyway, like I said nothing meant. 

I think you may be getting Stig mixed up with SD (although same justification applies) or me with someone else. I don’t remember anything and rarely post on the FF. Too many poor people. 

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

People who have birthdays close to Christmas, it's not their fault like but fucking hell. I'm Monty Brewster over here. 

Instead of NoNutNovember it should be NoNutSpringBecauseChristmasIsExpensiveEnoughFoFuckSake.

Or even just WrapItUpInSpringTimeBecauseChristmasIsExpensiveEnoughFoFuckSake.

Catchy.