You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Have a rant thread

Sugar Ape

There's a place for lager and real ale for me, often in the same session. Lager is nice in hot weather and/or with food and real ale can be more hit and miss. That said I'd pick real ale over lager 7 or 8 times out of 10 as you are going to get something interesting. Weirdly I tend to drink these craft IPAs more than any other type of beers despite it being one of my least favourites just because I am obsessed with trying new beers and these are the most abundant variety.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, easytoslip said:

I need to change my drink for certain reasons, it’s just that I don’t drink anything but lager , I weaned myself off Cider as it’s like the Heroin of ale and I used to love it though you might as well have a pint of doughnuts. 

Couldnt go back to Newcastle Brown, Brown Mix etc like years ago , though my local is getting Pale Ale on draft which could be the answer.

Cant get on with Guinness , I suppose that’s an acquired taste ? My mate drank 15 pints of the stuff one day watching the match , so I gathered he must of acquired that taste.

I used to drink lager but due to stomach ulcers changed to Guinness and was on it for about 20 years.

I was in the doctors and was told I was overweight. I told them I couldn't understand why as I had a very active job and was right into the cycling at the time. Was told that Guinness is one of the worst drinks for weight gain. Went back on the larger and lost about a stone in about nine months. 

4 hours ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

I used to drink lager but due to stomach ulcers changed to Guinness and was on it for about 20 years.

I was in the doctors and was told I was overweight. I told them I couldn't understand why as I had a very active job and was right into the cycling at the time. Was told that Guinness is one of the worst drinks for weight gain. Went back on the larger and lost about a stone in about nine months. 

So why can’t I ? I’m doing ones best to cut down and not because of weight which is a problem , there’s no alternative but to take the consequences and have done with the thought of being an arl cunt with a belly like a lodging house cat , no more chicks just drinking and horse racing , cunt it is the ageing process, cider done it in for me though , as you got older and active working it starts to become a struggle, I was carrying a broken ladder around just get on the next lift, I’m pissed and disgruntled.

5 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

So why can’t I ? I’m doing ones best to cut down and not because of weight which is a problem , there’s no alternative but to take the consequences and have done with the thought of being an arl cunt with a belly like a lodging house cat , no more chicks just drinking and horse racing , cunt it is the ageing process, cider done it in for me though , as you got older and active working it starts to become a struggle, I was carrying a broken ladder around just get on the next lift, I’m pissed and disgruntled.

How much lager do you drink? It's basically liquid toast, pure carbs. Try putting exactly what you eat/ drink into something like My Fitness Pal, it'll probably surprise you no end on how many extra calories you're consuming per week.

3 minutes ago, Mudface said:

How much lager do you drink? It's basically liquid toast, pure carbs. Try putting exactly what you eat/ drink into something like My Fitness Pal, it'll probably surprise you no end on how many extra calories you're consuming per week.

I eat well , just fed up of having to go out and have a bevvy and the same routine of it all ,it used be good but now I don’t know and it’s to late, you have to pay the bills at the end of the day, Pot ,Beer , Whizz and penetration, where did it go?

Just now, easytoslip said:

I eat well , just fed up of having to go out and have a bevvy and the same routine of it all ,it used be good but now I don’t know and it’s to late, you have to pay the bills at the end of the day, Pot ,Beer , Whizz and penetration, where did it go?

How old are you?

1 minute ago, easytoslip said:

Maybe you could try the penetration next time?

1 hour ago, cloggypop said:

Go back on the whizz. Speedfreaks are always dead skinny. Annoying cunts but dead skinny. 

Speeds fucking awful stuff. And the comedown is a bitch. Had some really bad times on speed.

E is the best drug ever invented, bar none. It had Bez's seal of approval which was good enough for me. I believe the quote was something like "Imagine finding a drug that was everything you ever wanted a drug to be. We were made up."

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Really surprised by that mate. 

My ol fella was diagnosed with diabetes and told he had to really knock the drinking on the head

He swapped from cider to Guinness, drank exactly the same amount and his blood sugars dropped massively to the point the diabetes nurse thought he’d stopped drinking completely. 

9 hours ago, Mudface said:

Fuck's sake, how's he going to shag a girl without giving her pot, beer and whizz. The fat fuck.

Fat fuck, I can always lose wait but I doubt there’s much you can do mate , sounds like you’ve already had a charisma by pass, just joking about the whizz etc , writing whatever came into my head as I’d had a few , and if it’s of any interest I’ve had one years experience 60 times , no need for fat fuck is there really , social media eh? 

20 hours ago, Remmie said:

There's a place for lager and real ale for me, often in the same session. Lager is nice in hot weather and/or with food and real ale can be more hit and miss. That said I'd pick real ale over lager 7 or 8 times out of 10 as you are going to get something interesting. Weirdly I tend to drink these craft IPAs more than any other type of beers despite it being one of my least favourites just because I am obsessed with trying new beers and these are the most abundant variety.

Agree with this. On a sunny day a nice crisp lager is brilliant. 

1 minute ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Agree with this. On a sunny day a nice crisp lager is brilliant. 

A nice Cider in the sun is better IMO. never used to touch it until I worked in a pub in Woking one summer and they were all drinking Cider. Only problem was/is the bloody wasps. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bjornebye said:

A nice Cider in the sun is better IMO. never used to touch it until I worked in a pub in Woking one summer and they were all drinking Cider. Only problem was/is the bloody wasps. 

I don't drink cider these days. I used to drink strongbow and magners like it was water and put myself off it. If I'm on a long session I might have one towards the end as a pallet cleanser 

4 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

I don't drink cider these days. I used to drink strongbow and magners like it was water and put myself off it. If I'm on a long session I might have one towards the end as a pallet cleanser 

Yeah it is too easy to drink a shit load of it. Not good for the body at all. 

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I didn’t even know whizz was still a thing. I know plenty of fat bastards that used to be on it all the time. It’s a shame, but unfortunately that’s not your solution. 

Haven’t had it for about 30 years or so , not even sure it’s still about ? I used to know a scrawny couple who was on it everyday, many years ago , they used to stay in as well so can’t see the attraction there, both toast now.