You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Have a rant thread

Sugar Ape

32 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Back on topic, the cunts in Pakistan who are protesting in favour of Aasia Bibi to be hung for blasphemy! What the fuck is wrong with you? You inhuman fundamentalist twatbags!!

Low levels of education and easily manipulated. Much like most the people who voted for Brexit. Dumb 'em down, whip 'em up.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

You stink of fags though, Don Juan. I smell like a fruit cocktail. 

I used to order tobacco flavoured juice for a woman I know. She was buying the 32mg nicotine juice. I tried it once and it was rank as fuck. It was like eating a Lambert & Butler and smoking three at the same time. 

Fucking hell, thats strong. I'm on 6mg which equates to smoking about 20 a day. 32mg would blow my head off.

16 hours ago, A Red said:

I've been vaping for about 3 weeks now, cig flavour with the same amount of vapour as a cig. So fuck off

How’s that working for you? I haven’t smoked properly now for over a year, but end up on them when I drink and it pisses me off. I’ve ended up not drinking for long periods as a way of combatting it, which is a good thing I suppose, but thinking about getting a vape for when I do have a bevvy. My thing with them is the flavours get sickly and also don’t have the same hit - is the bifter flavoured one a close substitute?

6 minutes ago, belarus said:

How’s that working for you? I haven’t smoked properly now for over a year, but end up on them when I drink and it pisses me off. I’ve ended up not drinking for long periods as a way of combatting it, which is a good thing I suppose, but thinking about getting a vape for when I do have a bevvy. My thing with them is the flavours get sickly and also don’t have the same hit - is the bifter flavoured one a close substitute?

The cig flavoured one is pretty close to having a proper fag (i've tried to avoid using that word) you can get the full set up for about £30 and in your case it should last a year. (get one that produces the same amount of vapour as a normal cig.) I went away on hols for 3 weeks and just brought a weeks worth of fags with me then switched over to vaping when they ran out. I've been smoking for years and it worked seamlessly for me. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, belarus said:

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, A Red said:

The cig flavoured one is pretty close to having a proper fag (i've tried to avoid using that word) you can get the full set up for about £30 and in your case it should last a year. (get one that produces the same amount of vapour as a normal cig.) I went away on hols for 3 weeks and just brought a weeks worth of fags with me then switched over to vaping when they ran out. I've been smoking for years and it worked seamlessly for me. 

Thanks mate. Will give it a go. Are the tobacco flavoured ones any worse health wise? That may be a stupid question.

The other thing I notice using vapes is the mouth piece - I want one with a small mouthpiece as the wide ones are just like breathing in rather than toking a ciggy.

I exercise regularly and get sore from that now I’m getting a bit older, so was thinking about getting a ciggy flavoured one, a fruit one and a cbd one for my aches and pains.

2 minutes ago, belarus said:

Thanks mate. Will give it a go. Are the tobacco flavoured ones any worse health wise? That may be a stupid question.

The other thing I notice using vapes is the mouth piece - I want one with a small mouthpiece as the wide ones are just like breathing in rather than toking a ciggy.

I exercise regularly and get sore from that now I’m getting a bit older, so was thinking about getting a ciggy flavoured one, a fruit one and a cbd one for my aches and pains.

I'm guessing the cig flavoured ones are as good/bad as any others, its just a means of delivering nicotine. The one i have only as a small mouthpiece and is the size of a large cigar. Yeah, yeah, I know!

Good luck!

• Upvote 1

Thanks mate.

To get back on track - I was expecting a delivery a couple of weeks ago. We have defo moaned about these delivery guys before, but this one took the piss. I heard a knock at the door, and without delay started on the 5 second walk towards the door. When I get into the porch there is nobody there. I’m looking round the street trying to work out where the guy had gone as his car was outside the house, and he comes from the side of the house (we live on the end/corner of a culdesac) and shouts “it’s in the garden” and gets in his car before I’ve unlocked the porch door. Luckily it wasn’t breakable, because he had literally thrown the parcel as it was in the centre of the garden.

i know they’re under pressure, but that is madness. He must have knocked on the door on his sprint towards the back of the house.

I have a rant

Fucking stupid people who get in the way of your plans through being fucking thick as shit causing you to work around their fucking stupidity. At the end of it all, and you have achieved what you have set out to do, they then tell you 'you got there in the end' as though you are meant to made up with their presence

Gobshites

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

The tax man.  How do they get it so wrong?   

Got home to a new code, saying I owed £7k.  This was based on a company car (which I’ve not had for 6 months) and a fuel card (which I’ve never had). All sorted but apparently they just look at last years P11d and applied it to this year (even though they knew it was wrong) and didn’t notice I’d changed company.  Fucking annoying counts.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good looking people. 

I've had to Skype a Dutchman and a Russian recently who looked like male and female models respectively, while in the bottom was my unshaven mug looking something like a washed out Chicago detective with three marriages behind him and at least one liver. 

Bunch of noughties era Vampire-looking fucks.   

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Good looking people. 

I've had to Skype a Dutchman and a Russian recently who looked like male and female models respectively, while in the bottom was my unshaven mug looking something like a washed out Chicago detective with three marriages behind him and at least one liver. 

Bunch of noughties era Vampire-looking fucks.   

Fuck good looking people. At least, in my dreams.

Booked an electrician for our extension/refurb and twice he put us back with barely any notice. Got to a point this week where we urgently needed the first fix done or we'd suffer a month's delay with follow-on trades. So, with his agreement, I paid a retired sparky to come and pull the cables to the main guy's spec, no more, no less. I said I'd cover the materials but the labour cost would have to come out of the electrician's quote. Instead of a reasonable discussion, the guy has thrown his toys out and now refuses to come on Monday to finish the job. Claims it's no fault of his that he was too busy to come and won't pick up someone else's work, despite agreeing to it up front. So I'm no better off than I was on Monday! He won't answer his phone, just sent me a couple of shitty, sulky texts.

I've now got to scramble around to find someone to pick it up, for which I'll end up paying extra for. 

Never found a good, reliable electrician. Even when I've found a couple that do a decent job they have no fucking sense of turning up when they're supposed to or showing any courtesy.

The cunt has enraged me.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Karl_b said:

Booked an electrician for our extension/refurb and twice he put us back with barely any notice. Got to a point this week where we urgently needed the first fix done or we'd suffer a month's delay with follow-on trades. So, with his agreement, I paid a retired sparky to come and pull the cables to the main guy's spec, no more, no less. I said I'd cover the materials but the labour cost would have to come out of the electrician's quote. Instead of a reasonable discussion, the guy has thrown his toys out and now refuses to come on Monday to finish the job. Claims it's no fault of his that he was too busy to come and won't pick up someone else's work, despite agreeing to it up front. So I'm no better off than I was on Monday! He won't answer his phone, just sent me a couple of shitty, sulky texts.

I've now got to scramble around to find someone to pick it up, for which I'll end up paying extra for. 

Never found a good, reliable electrician. Even when I've found a couple that do a decent job they have no fucking sense of turning up when they're supposed to or showing any courtesy.

The cunt has enraged me.

Wankers. The thing is if they were organised they could earn much more money.  Instead they constantly chase their tails and let people down. 

We’ve had some problems with some lights in the kitchen for years, they are only decorative so haven’t been arsed. Got a mate to recommend a spark and he came round last week. He couldn’t find the issue but tidied some stuff up in the consumer unit and generally made stuff better. Was only here an hour and wouldn’t take any cash. Found out where he drinks and put some money behind the bar for him. 

Can’t believe that in this country anybody can basically call themselves a tradesman without any qualifications and only get rumbled if Dominic  Littlewood starts chasing you down the street with a BBC camera crew ( and even then you just close the firm and set up in a new name )

Saw as an article somewhere about a guy in the southern USA getting 10 years for a third offence of substandard building work for pensioners.

• Upvote 1

Duplicitous workcunts, being duplicitous workcunts by muscle memory rather than through malice and fucking your day up for no good reason.

Too thick to be proper sneaky, just another barrier between me putting my feet up on the desk, drinking a cup of coffee and surveying the good work I do.

Thick cunts.

• Upvote 1

You should try to get a tradesman down here in Cornwall. Fucking nightmare. Theres a saying here "dreckly" as in "i'll do it directly" which could be tomorrow, next week, next month or more likely, fucking never. Imagine manana without the sense of urgency.

If they do eventually turn up you then are faced with "ish". As in "£300 ish, or in other words £700.

• 4 weeks later...