You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Have a rant thread

Sugar Ape

I'm not having a pop at you personally and I hope you take this in the manner it was meant but I cannot understand this. I think this is what is wrong with us as a species.

Very sad, dead cat and all that I agree.

But to wrap it in a blanket. Name it and then go knocking on doors?

Its a dead cat not a kid.

Why give a name to something that does not exist. Especially Arthur which I think means stone or solid. Bit inappropriate. How about pancake or something fitting. Or Shovel Bin.

I despise people who attach human characteristics to animals who although loving and friendly have no more inert desire for human contact than a mouse which we happily slaughter in the millions.

What differentiates a cat from a fly or a spider  we happily swat without a care for its state of mind or karmic position.

I tell you what it is and that is us and our mindset.

Either everything is fair game or nothing is.

So GD next time you kill a bluebottle I expect you to wrap it in a blanket, call it happy and go door knocking.

You defo thought this was deep. Pro tip: It wasn't.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

People who stay at Pontins in Ainsdale and then fucking moan about how shite it is.

There's at least one article a month in the Echo about how people got Ebola, Aids or Hepatitis from drinking the water there. All the mattresses are piss and blood stained, it's populated by Brexit voting mutants from shit northern towns who regularly end the night with mass brawls. Also people take their dangerous dogs there and let them run amok.

This is all quite clear from media reports and the millions of reviews and photos on TripAdvisor.

Yet people are still thick enough to book there and then moaned their arse off when the inevitable happens. If you had a spare couple of hundred quid and time off work why choose to waste it staying in an uninhabitable shit tip and even worse take your kids?

Stayed at a Haven once in Mablethorpe. horrendous scenes. They have a different breed of baghead over there, instead of dads with skinheads they had bleached blond spikey hair and earings. Twas an unearthly mix twixt rubbish tip and judderman.

They had a chippy which was nine quid a bag of chips but they were clearly microwaved McCaines, and the couple  that ran it both had Celeron processors for brains in an age of Pentium. You had to repeat everything 15 times and they'd repeat it back to you slowly.

"Fish.....and chips?"

"Fish?

"Chips?

"Fish and chips?"

Incidentally, it was during this holiday that I began my fascination with the Waffen SS and the concept of the untermensch.

• Upvote 1

£7.80 to watch "freeview" tv in the hospital per day. My mum's been in for 4 weeks. How can we pay for tv in prisons but in hospital wards to take peoples minds off their illness, distract them from the sheer boredom and frustration or horrors of surrounding peoples agony they are charged. I wouldn't even be arsed if it was say a quid a day something manageable.

• Upvote 4

£7.80 to watch "freeview" tv in the hospital per day. My mum's been in for 4 weeks. How can we pay for tv in prisons but in hospital wards to take peoples minds off their illness, distract them from the sheer boredom and frustration or horrors of surrounding peoples agony they are charged. I wouldn't even be arsed if it was say a quid a day something manageable.

Do they still make you pay for phone calls too? That always took the piss, as does parking.

The irony of the on site Costa selling full fat vanilla lattes at well over the odds also wasn't lost on me.

People who stink. Just no excuse for it. Just been past a bunch of young lads that stank of BO.

Say what you want about my generation but we never stank, it was a veritable Lynx au festival.

Smelly bastards.

My new contract arrived today, there’s a clause on personal hygiene. Not sure if they are singling me out.

Yes, I live in the great province of Ontario. Hades lives in his mom's basement.

He's brought a film out though, to chronicle his attempt at freedom from his underground hell.

http://kinopika.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/%E1%83%92%E1%83%90%E1%83%A5%E1%83%AA%E1%83%94%E1%83%95%E1%83%98%E1%83%A1-%E1%83%92%E1%83%94%E1%83%92%E1%83%9B%E1%83%90-2-%E1%83%B0%E1%83%90%E1%83%93%E1%83%94%E1%83%A1%E1%83%98.png

I'm in charge of finding my replacement for when I leave in August (we don't have an HR dept) and the amount of thundermong CVs we're getting is staggering.  A lot of them I do not even bother reading them in full when I see the first spelling mistake, or see they do not fit the strict experience criteria we laid out in the advert.  Reasons for the Dangerously KB include:

• Not capitalising name at the top of the CV
  • Repeatedly using lower case 'i' instead of 'I'
  • Including their fucking instagram name in their contact details
  • Using wildly different formatting when describing their employment history
  • Using  3D clipart lettering for paragraph headers

Out of about 50 CVs I've stomached we've got 3 remotely employable people and one has pulled out already. 

I'm in charge of finding my replacement for when I leave in August (we don't have an HR dept) and the amount of thundermong CVs we're getting is staggering.  A lot of them I do not even bother reading them in full when I see the first spelling mistake, or see they do not fit the strict experience criteria we laid out in the advert.  Reasons for the Dangerously KB include:

• Not capitalising name at the top of the CV
  • Repeatedly using lower case 'i' instead of 'I'
  • Including their fucking instagram name in their contact details
  • Using wildly different formatting when describing their employment history
  • Using  3D clipart lettering for paragraph headers
Out of about 50 CVs I've stomached we've got 3 remotely employable people and one has pulled out already.

Best thing to do is throw half of them away to weed out the unlucky ones.

• Upvote 3

As I mentioned earlier, I love my cat. He is, however, trying my fucking patience.

He has managed to turn my life in to a cross between Groundhog Day and the Godfather. The last 2 mornings I have woken up to the blood and entrails of a dead baby rabbit all over the quilt and bed and its body parts on the bedroom floor. I'm going to have to lock the cat flap of a night, god knows the fuss he will make when locked in/out. I'm glad the mrs has gone away for the week, nothing to do with the cat or dead rabbit i'm just glad shes away for the week.

• Upvote 3

As I mentioned earlier, I love my cat. He is, however, trying my fucking patience.

He has managed to turn my life in to a cross between Groundhog Day and the Godfather. The last 2 mornings I have woken up to the blood and entrails of a dead baby rabbit all over the quilt and bed and its body parts on the bedroom floor. I'm going to have to lock the cat flap of a night, god knows the fuss he will make when locked in/out. I'm glad the mrs has gone away for the week, nothing to do with the cat or dead rabbit i'm just glad shes away for the week.

They are fucking nuisance.

Women I mean.

• Upvote 1

Do you live near a Sainsbury or/and does your Cat support Spurs?