You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Have a rant thread

Sugar Ape

You buy Sky TV it's not cheap, the packages all add up and they make them in such a way you need a pile of shit you don't want to get what you do want. The annoying thing is though, the price you pay that price should cover everything but now the cheeky pricks expect you to rent old films, pay separately for sport occasions even though you pay for the sports channels, Charge you for premiers when they used to just play them for free but advertise them for 3 months before. If Taken 2 is on TV they will then put taken 1 in the rental section or they will make one part of a trilogy a rented one. I cancelled sky long ago but my missus has it, everytime I turn it on I just think my fucking god its a license to rinse the shit out of people.

That said I feel the same outrage with phone bill increases or interest rates on mortgages... what you've just decided you want more money so now I have to pay it even though im getting fuck all extra. ''we have decided we want to charge you 60 quid a month more because we like your money quite a lot''. Virgin media used to be the best nearly every fucking month we are sorry to say but we are increasing your bill by 5 quid, we only want to do this to make sure you have the best experience we can offer. Go fuck yourself what good is an agreement if you can change the terms whenever you like, how about I send you a bill saying I am lowering my payments because your service has deteriorated since I last agreed terms. Interest rates though thats pure mafia wet dream.

All fucking mobsters.

• Upvote 2

Overly protective of their children? Resentful that they don't have full control of them anymore? Just naturally cunty?

When karl_b, who has provided me with a review, on time, of a Secret Santa CD, is tested unfavourably by his father in law, then the father in law is a grade A cuntery expert.

If it was Woo as the son in law, then I would have been on he father in laws side. Still waiting for that review.

You buy Sky TV it's not cheap, the packages all add up and they make them in such a way you need a pile of shit you don't want to get what you do want. The annoying thing is though, the price you pay that price should cover everything but now the cheeky pricks expect you to rent old films, pay separately for sport occasions even though you pay for the sports channels, Charge you for premiers when they used to just play them for free but advertise them for 3 months before. If Taken 2 is on TV they will then put taken 1 in the rental section or they will make one part of a trilogy a rented one. I cancelled sky long ago but my missus has it, everytime I turn it on I just think my fucking god its a license to rinse the shit out of people.

That said I feel the same outrage with phone bill increases or interest rates on mortgages... what you've just decided you want more money so now I have to pay it even though im getting fuck all extra. ''we have decided we want to charge you 60 quid a month more because we like your money quite a lot''. Virgin media used to be the best nearly every fucking month we are sorry to say but we are increasing your bill by 5 quid, we only want to do this to make sure you have the best experience we can offer. Go fuck yourself what good is an agreement if you can change the terms whenever you like, how about I send you a bill saying I am lowering my payments because your service has deteriorated since I last agreed terms. Interest rates though thats pure mafia wet dream.

All fucking mobsters.

This. Its money for old rope and people just pay it like fucking zombies. Duurrrr must have TV.

Pray that the rich elite never find a way to charge the rest of us for the air we breathe. Because they fucking well would. Oh, they wouldn't let you suffocate. There'd be free air available. But the free stuff would be passed through Boris Johnsons laundry basket first. Have that, fuckers.

I find it truly revealing that the media-generated pandemonium over recent news stories such as Brexit, such as the state of the Labour Party, such as terrorism, such as nuclear deterrents, has turned out to be totally unfounded and not worth a mention on any channel now the Olympics is on, and the Premier League season has started.

Every morning you switch on the telly or radio and it's 3 hours, basically non-stop, about the fucking Olympics.

Laughing and joking on the Breakfast sofa, back-slapping each other, cajoling the country into thinking that Britain winning some gold medals in a sporting event is something 'we' should be proud of, as a nation, and that any other news is just a waste of their time, and our time.

I'm just surprised that they haven't blamed Britain's failings in some events on Corbyn's 'poor leadership' of Labour, or the split in their party. I'm also surprised that Theresa May hasn't been pictured sucking off the gymnastics team, slurping on cum, and wiping her chin with a Union Jack handkerchief.

Fuck Team GB, fuck the BBC, and fuck the Tory party.

The olympics was boss, bbc's coverage was great, and, er, that's all.

Personally, I didn't miss hearing depressing bad news stories for a month and thoroughly enjoyed the whole thing.

I haven't watched a single minute of the olympics. And it may be cynical, but if it was so fucking great, why aren't all of these people watching competition weight lifting, horse-riding, running really fast in a straight etc at any other time. Synchronised TV watching, that's all it is. A new 'sport'. Everyone is told they have to watch as if they're 'taking part' in something.

That's bollocks.

Nobody's watching competition weightlifting because it's not on, and their not all that bothered to go and find it, but it doesn't mean it's not great to see a bit of variety of sport.

I really enjoyed watching competitive kayaking. I do every time it's on. I've never watched it outside of an olypics but it's ace.

I also shed a tear - a genuine one - watching the trampolining, seeing the overwhelming joy the British girl was feeling at getting a medal.

What's wrong with enjoying things?

That's bollocks.

Nobody's watching competition weightlifting because it's not on, and their not all that bothered to go and find it, but it doesn't mean it's not great to see a bit of variety of sport.

I really enjoyed watching competitive kayaking. I do every time it's on. I've never watched it outside of an olypics but it's ace.

I also shed a tear - a genuine one - watching the trampolining, seeing the overwhelming joy the British girl was feeling at getting a medal.

What's wrong with enjoying things?

Nothing, and I said if you do enjoy them. then fair enough. Watch every minute with a smile on your face. I just don't get it. I'm not interesting in certain extra types of sports once every 4 years because they're on TV so it's hard for me to comprehend why other people are. Then I get called a weirdo because I haven't seen any of it.

Anyway I watched some of it recently because I was at a friends house and it was on. Meh.

All fucking mobsters.

Top rantage Bobby.

Tourist attractions in Britain, by and large absolute shite. 

We decided to go to the William Brown museum today.  I used to go all the time as a kid and remember it being boss. It had large hallways and big displays, I remember stuff like a room filled with life size locomotives and that kind of thing. Went today and it looked like something Blue Peter had shit out. Basically it's some kind of annex onto the old museum, pretty much fuck all in there and it's designed mainly for kids. Absolute shite. 

A while back we went to the Blue Planet Aquarium. It's basically a shark and loads of shite fish tanks for about £40 a ticket or something. If this place was in America they'd have dolphins serving you lunch, but no, utter shite. 

Tourist attractions in Britain, by and large absolute shite.

We decided to go to the William Brown museum today. I used to go all the time as a kid and remember it being boss. It had large hallways and big displays, I remember stuff like a room filled with life size locomotives and that kind of thing. Went today and it looked like something Blue Peter had shit out. Basically it's some kind of annex onto the old museum, pretty much fuck all in there and it's designed mainly for kids. Absolute shite.

A while back we went to the Blue Planet Aquarium. It's basically a shark and loads of shite fish tanks for about £40 a ticket or something. If this place was in America they'd have dolphins serving you lunch, but no, utter shite.

I get what you mean but I went to New York aquarium last year and it was fucking shite.

[Warning; this is a very long story, mostly told just as a catharsis for me.]

I have a rant for anyone who's ever experienced some of the joys of living in a non-Western country.  

I mean, on the one hand, today I needed to have a hammock sling custom-welded for the living room in my flat.  I bought the parts, went over to find a welder, paid him just under 5 quid and had it done in minutes.  A job that would have been difficult to have done at all in England, and very expensive, handled cheaply and simply.  Very convenient.

But then you have other things, like my battle the last few days to renew my insurance for my vehicle.  Now, this is a simple liability coverage, the minimum legal requirement, for an 11-year old Toyota.  You'd think it would be the simplest thing in the world, no?  This has been the story so far.

Day 1:

1. Go down to the place where I got the coverage last year to renew for another year.  Walk in, door to the office is locked, no one around.  Go over to the next office, ask what's going on, get told "internet is down, we're not processing any new policies."  Fair enough, I decide to go to another company (my coverage was expiring that day so I'm free to start a new policy elsewhere if I prefer).

2. Go to company #2, walk in and get in the queue. Wait 40 minutes.  Get to the front of the line, hand over documents, at which point I'm told that my Russian-equivalent MOT expires short of the deadline so I'll have to have that done before they can issue insurance.

3. Drive over to have MOT done. Surprisingly, no queue at all and this takes less than half an hour.

4. Back to company #2, queue up again.  This time wait an hour.  Get to the front, hand over everything for my new policy.  She quotes a price, at least 50% higher than I expected.  I ask why, I get told the difference is "an additional life insurance policy."  I ask for that to be taken off, as I have a life policy back in my home country.  "No problem," says the lady, "just fill out this form."  I fill it out, then she says we have to wait 2 weeks for it to be shipped off and approved by a supervisor.  Or I can just pay for the life policy right now.  It's not that expensive but I refuse on principle, I know what they're trying to do (get poor people to sign up for life insurance they neither need or want in order to boost their coffers, and then make it really hard to cancel later).  I walk out.

5. Drive over to company #3.  They're out of business.  Done for the day, I have a business meeting that takes up the rest of the afternoon.

Day 2:

6. Go down to company #4.  The door is locked, no explanation.  Hm. 

7. Drive back to the center of town where the internet says company #5 is.  I walk in, it is a shopping centre.  No one there has ever heard of the company, it appears not to exist.

8. Drive across town to company #6.  Finally find it up a dark staircase with almost no signage, delighted to walk right in and be next in line.  Wait about 15 minutes, the "customer" (who doesn't seem to be doing any insurance business) in front of me finishes up and the lady just sits there.  After 5 minutes of watching her do nothing while I sat in the waiting room not 5 meters from her, I approach to ask if I can sign up for an auto insurance policy.  "Do you have an appointment?" she asks.  "Why no," I reply, "but can I just sign up with you?"  No, I'm advised, they accept only customers by appointment.  I'm starting to wonder if this is a dodgy money-laundering scheme, not a real insurance company, because it is really hidden in the back of a building through a labrynth and they don't want to sell me car insurance despite that being their ostensible reason to exist.  Anyway, I leave.

9. Someone tells me that there is a company offering automotive insurance back across town near where company #4 had been.  I drive back over there.  I notice as I drive past that company #4's door is now open, so I stop and go in.  I ask to sign up for insurance.  "Nope," is the reply.  "We ran out of the special paper the policy has to be printed on, so we're not issuing policies."  No indication of when the paper supply might be replenished.  On to the next place.

10. Get to company #7.  A large sign on the door says that their hours are "8:00-16:00, no breaks."  It's 12:15, but the door is locked.  I try it several times, but it's to no avail.  Hm.  As I stand pondering my next move, the door opens!  A lady asks me what I want.  "I'd like to buy an insurance policy from your company" I reply.  "We're on lunch," she says.  I point out the "no breaks" sign on the door.  "Oh, that.  It's wrong," comes the only explanation I am going to get.  But she does offer me the option to come back at 1!

11. After popping over to handle another errand, I come back precisely at 1.  The door is open, and I go on in.  This looks promising!  But not for long - she enters my data into her computer, gives me a price and I am thinking I'm finally going to get this problem solved.  At the last minute, however, she advises me that because I have a foreign passport, their company will not issue me insurance.  I have a Russian driver's license and a legal residency permit, but that doesn't matter because their computer system won't even accept my residency number.

12. They did let me know that there was another insurance company in the same building that does auto policies, so I went over there.  This company, now #8, looks promising.  But the man running the office tells me they're closing for the day.  "You mean you're on lunch?" I ask.  No, he replies, they're done for the day.  Because of course, a car insurance company would be closed at 2 pm on a Tuesday.  That makes a lot of sense.

13. Devoid of all hope, having exhausted the list of companies in the city, I go back to company #1, the one that issued my policy last year.  The parking lot is full, so I start to think that maybe the internet issue has been resolved.  But there is a lengthy queue, and it doesn't seem to be moving.  I ask and find out that there is a signup sheet to get in the queue.  "Where is this signup sheet?" I ask, hoping to sign up and then come back in a few hours.  Lots of discussions, recriminations and confusion before someone finally figures out where it is.  Apparently, the guy who holds onto the paper has stepped out and no one else has access.  Argh!

14. A nice lady in line hears the story and, perhaps sensing my frustration, offers to write my name at the bottom of the list when he returns.  Hallelujah!  I give my name.  She says to come back in 4 hours, perhaps I'll be close to the front of the queue by then.

15. I return just before 5 pm, hoping to see some movement in the queue and where I am.  I look down, she has me listed at number 77.  I ask who is being currently served.  It is person number 8 on the list.  "Wow, at this rate it could be a week!" I exclaim, assuming this is a massive exaggeration.  "Oh, no, young man," comes the reply from an elderly woman listening to my complaint.  "I've been here 2 weeks, I'm hoping to get in to see them before closing today."

WHAT IS GOING ON?!?!?!?!  All I want is a simple liability coverage policy for a simple Toyota estate wagon.  This is legally required of every drive in the country - how can it possibly be so hard to obtain!?!!  I am at my wit's end and about ready to strangle someone.

OK, that was remarkably helpful to write down.  The saga continues tomorrow, I suppose.

• Upvote 2

Just a quick point. I'm not intending to wind you up further as you are understandably pissed off but you point out that your insurance expires on the day you first started looking around for insurance (call it day 1). You then go on to say you drove around on day 2 and seemingly will have to on day 3 to sort out this massive faff once and for all. How were you covered to do that if you hadn't got anything sorted by the end of day 1?

• Upvote 1

Just a quick point. I'm not intending to wind you up further as you are understandably pissed off but you point out that your insurance expires on the day you first started looking around for insurance (call it day 1). You then go on to say you drove around on day 2 and seemingly will have to on day 3 to sort out this massive faff once and for all. How were you covered to do that if you hadn't got anything sorted by the end of day 1?

I've just informed his local authorities, so he can expect a court order at some point in the next decade.

• Upvote 2

I assumed it was up within the next month, unless I missed something?

Just why the fuck do BBC Met Office Weather Forecasters (ha, couldnt forecast when they needed to have a shit but I digress) bang on about 'meteorological' start or end of a season? That peter whats his face twat and just started his 'forecast' droning on about the 'meteorological end to summer.'

Just fuck off will you?

It doesnt fucking exist. Seasons start and finish with a solstice and equinox. Its on their own fucking web page about seasons for fuck's sake and they still cant get it right in forecasts

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/learning/learn-about-the-weather/how-weather-works/seasons

No wonder they're being fucked off and replaced by someone else.