You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Have a rant thread

Sugar Ape

12 hours ago, easytoslip said:

My local has gone that way recently with people bringing kids in, they don't give a fuck about how it might piss others off, I mean it's not exactly the type of establishment you would want kids in. 

Not to mention laddish lads talking at maximum decibels, it's gone right down. 

We used to have to wait outside the pub hoping that my dad might pop out with a can of vimto and a packet of crisps.  He was probably only in there for one pint and a chat with a couple of mates, but it seemed like 5 hours when you're hanging around outside waiting.

The only time you got to actually go inside a pub was when you were on holiday and got to go in the "family room" which was about as far removed from the bar as the establishment could make it - occasionally in a shed.  If you were really lucky it had pacman machine that you could take turns to sit at and pretend to play because it didn't work, and there was no chance you were getting 10p to put in it.

Sausage or scampi in a basket, and then you had to be out by 6.30pm to avoid pissing off any adults.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

We used to have to wait outside the pub hoping that my dad might pop out with a can of vimto and a packet of crisps.  He was probably only in there for one pint and a chat with a couple of mates, but it seemed like 5 hours when you're hanging around outside waiting.

The only time you got to actually go inside a pub was when you were on holiday and got to go in the "family room" which was about as far removed from the bar as the establishment could make it - occasionally in a shed.  If you were really lucky it had pacman machine that you could take turns to sit at and pretend to play because it didn't work, and there was no chance you were getting 10p to put in it.

Sausage or scampi in a basket, and then you had to be out by 6.30pm to avoid pissing off any adults.

I read that with the old Hovis advert music playing in me head.
Aaah the good old 70’’s, a time when kids were an inconvenience and cars were made of tinsel. 

Bar staff in most places these days seem to be absolutely fucking useless and no managers ever seem capable of giving them a kick up the arse. Two pubs I went into last night the bar staff were fucking shite.

Me and 4 other people from work were waiting at the end of a bar last night while the staff were taking ages to serve people. Having a laugh and joke with their coworkers without a care in the world then just serving the next person who walks up to the bar. They serve one person then need a break and disappear off for a bit then come back and say "who's next?". Its your fucking job to know who's next.

I've worked in a few pubs where the place was constantly rammed and as soon as you've served someone you serve the next person in order without walking round pretending to do something else. 

We ended up just fucking off to another pub which was completely dead only to find one person on the bar taking fucking ages to make two straightforward cocktails then decided that he just suddenly needed to walk aimlessly round the pub before coming back to serve a queue of people that he had allowed to build up by being a lazy cunt. Another cunt walks behind the bar but needlessly decides to go through the till (even though it was all card payments) and completely ignore everyone at the bar. The job should be easier now with card payments as they don't need to fuck around with change. 

If they'd worked in some of the places I had the manager would be screaming in his face threatening to sack them. I bet the useless twats moan that they never get tips. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

Bar staff in most places these days seem to be absolutely fucking useless and no managers ever seem capable of giving them a kick up the arse. Two pubs I went into last night the bar staff were fucking shite.

Me and 4 other people from work were waiting at the end of a bar last night while the staff were taking ages to serve people. Having a laugh and joke with their coworkers without a care in the world then just serving the next person who walks up to the bar. They serve one person then need a break and disappear off for a bit then come back and say "who's next?". Its your fucking job to know who's next.

I've worked in a few pubs where the place was constantly rammed and as soon as you've served someone you serve the next person in order without walking round pretending to do something else. 

We ended up just fucking off to another pub which was completely dead only to find one person on the bar taking fucking ages to make two straightforward cocktails then decided that he just suddenly needed to walk aimlessly round the pub before coming back to serve a queue of people that he had allowed to build up by being a lazy cunt. Another cunt walks behind the bar but needlessly decides to go through the till (even though it was all card payments) and completely ignore everyone at the bar. The job should be easier now with card payments as they don't need to fuck around with change. 

If they'd worked in some of the places I had the manager would be screaming in his face threatening to sack them. I bet the useless twats moan that they never get tips. 

Yeah we had this in Cardiff last week. I have hardly been 'out out' in ages and it did my fucking head in how long they took to serve. No urgency whatsoever and no awareness of who is next etc. Like watching them walk through water. Absolute piss-take. Add to that, many places are cutting shifts back to save money and you've just got people waiting everywhere. Same in the local tesco express. 

• Like 1

On 15/08/2022 at 02:48, Jose Jones said:

I remember that but before Pacman though whatever that was?  Obviously went to Xmas parties at say the Remmy and Liverpool Supporters Club but that's different though you still had to behave mind. 

Some cunt walked in with his shirt off holding a baby the other day, it seemed only hours old the twat plus one of the barmaids brings a baby in when she's off and her fella is having a pint after work and there's nothing worse than a crying baby in a pub, well there is, the likes of the cunt mentioned. 

1 hour ago, Harry Squatter said:

This too, some don't seem capable of pulling 2 pints at the same time especially in a Wetherspoons down here.

On 15/08/2022 at 02:48, Jose Jones said:

Vimto?

That's fucking child abuse.

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

I put wakes in Wetherspoons in the instant cunt identifiers thread.

I suppose your right, horrendous and I'm quite an accommodating chap. 

I'm not, I seem to find the majority of people are quite insufferable. 

Maybe things that remind of growing older thread. I don't won't to turn into a curmudgeon but I'm afraid it's too late. 

On 15/08/2022 at 08:48, Jose Jones said:

Back in the sixties, sitting in the car with a packet of crisps and a soft drink in a pub glass was a major treat. Going to the dining room in a Welsh pub for Sunday dinner was almost as big a treat as Xmas dinner.

• Upvote 1

Every Saturday for quite a few years consisted of me and my cousing watching 3 of the uncles playing in the Bootle Joc, then getting left in the car park of the Eden Vale to have a shooty and with money for chips, then packing about 7 of us into a wreck of a vauxhall viva driven by a semi-pissed uncle back to Skelmersdale. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Every Saturday for quite a few years consisted of me and my cousing watching 3 of the uncles playing in the Bootle Joc, then getting left in the car park of the Eden Vale to have a shooty and with money for chips, then packing about 7 of us into a wreck of a vauxhall viva driven by a semi-pissed uncle back to Skelmersdale. 

Whose family never had a Vauxhall Viva! Most had a colourful chassis by virtue of rustproof paint coating it's sills and chassis.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Whose family never had a Vauxhall Viva! Most had a colourful chassis by virtue of rustproof paint coating it's sills and chassis.

My godfather had one...bright red, like a Ferrari red.....didnt go like one though.

On 18/08/2022 at 10:17, sir roger said:

Brings back memories! One of my uncles was a driving instructor and gave me my first driving lesson in his Viva HB!

• Upvote 1