You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Have a rant thread

Sugar Ape

1 hour ago, Remmie said:

Well I have ended up being sorted right out so will cheerfully withdraw my moans. Not going to crash at Stigs even though that had legendary forum story written all over it, but one of the cancellations my mate and I had at a hotel was guaranteed so they had to find us an alternative. So instead of some shithole in Sefton Park that cost £74, we got some spa hitel with a jacuzzi worth £340 but for the same money in the Wirral. 

Wool.

3 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Be honest Rem, you spent the £340 quid to avoid the car fingering nonce didn’t you? 

No its still going to cost us £74.

Stig can finger me any time and I'll reward him with a can of Carling. 

11 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Do you live in a community of Travellers?

Yeah Travellers that dont go anywhere, there's more suitable terms for them though. 

Everyone down here seem to want to be one, fuck knows what thats all about, and call each other Cuz. 

Cacker Mandy whatever that means? A load of bollocks. 

• Downvote 1

Went out to see some live music last night, unfortunately so did a load of complete and utter dickheads. Honestly, why pay a tenner to get in somewhere where some amazing musicians are playing (in a music venue) & talk right through every tune when you can just go to a normal boozer instead?

It occurred to me last night that comedians are commended when they humiliate audience members who leave their phone on or sit talking through the gig but musicians are just expected to put up with this shite. Maybe signs are required and announcement at the start of the live music for people to have some fucking respect, not only for the musicians but also for the people who have paid to actually listen to them.

Special mention to the Spanish cunts who came & stood next to me when a ballad was playing and went on like they hadn't seen each other for 10 years. Fucking arseholes.

• Upvote 7

Shitheads who burn down old buildings.

Since last Friday two old buildings in Preston have been targeted by "arsonists". The old St Joseph's Orphange and the old Odeon cinema/Tokyo Joe's nightclub.

St Joe's took quite a hit last Friday night and the day after, the Odeon was on fire, albeit a small one for the Odeon. However, some twat went in yesterday and now it's history. Collapsed roof, the lot. While both of these buildings were abandoned and derelict, they had a character to them and were right in the middle of the city centre. A few months back a listed pub at Barton, the Boar's Head, went up after demolition was refused.

Make of it what you will. There's something very suspect about it if you ask me. Fucking developers.

1 hour ago, Mook said:

Went out to see some live music last night, unfortunately so did a load of complete and utter dickheads. Honestly, why pay a tenner to get in somewhere where some amazing musicians are playing (in a music venue) & talk right through every tune when you can just go to a normal boozer instead?

It occurred to me last night that comedians are commended when they humiliate audience members who leave their phone on or sit talking through the gig but musicians are just expected to put up with this shite. Maybe signs are required and announcement at the start of the live music for people to have some fucking respect, not only for the musicians but also for the people who have paid to actually listen to them.

Special mention to the Spanish cunts who came & stood next to me when a ballad was playing and went on like they hadn't seen each other for 10 years. Fucking arseholes.

I was at a gig just recently and I had exactly the same, I asked them, then told them, to shut the fuck up or fuck off, they were outraged and called venue security "they had paid for their tickets so could do what they liked". The security dude told us all to be cool, and they stood and steamed at me for a bit before eventually leaving. I hope they had a flat tyre going home.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Preston Red said:

Since last Friday two old buildings in Preston have been targeted by "arsonists". The old St Joseph's Orphange and the old Odeon cinema/Tokyo Joe's nightclub.

St Joe's took quite a hit last Friday night and the day after, the Odeon was on fire, albeit a small one for the Odeon. However, some twat went in yesterday and now it's history. Collapsed roof, the lot. While both of these buildings were abandoned and derelict, they had a character to them and were right in the middle of the city centre. A few months back a listed pub at Barton, the Boar's Head, went up after demolition was refused.

Make of it what you will. There's something very suspect about it if you ask me. Fucking developers.

Something similar happened here a few weeks ago. 

The Old Toby Inn in Skem was a listed building and over 300 years old. 

It had been empty for a while and developers had put in plans to turn the building and the large plot of land it was on into some sort of care home complex.

I don't know what exactly what happened but I believe the plans fell through so the inevitable happened and it went up in flames.

It was a massive fire which caused the roof to cave in and some parts of the first floor walls to collapse.

An investigation is still taking place as far as I'm aware and the Council were looking to have the building restored due to it's historic status.

The weekend before last, the owners/developers moved the bulldozers in and completely demolished it without permission and completely disregarding it's listed status.

There's uproar going on, the local MP calling for them to face the full force of the law and the Council up in arms as well as the locals.

Apparently the developers out in a notice  of demolition on the Thursday and demolished the building 36 hours later.

The Council hadn't even seen the notice.

I hadn't been in there for years, but I'm more than a bit gutted about it to be honest. 

It was my first local. I was still 14 when I first started going in there, had some brilliant times and drank with fellas who I still talk to today, though most of them have gone now sadly, in fact one fellas ashes were scattered on the grass in front of the main entrance.

Fucking developer cunts. Someone should do time for it.

• Upvote 2

Harry Redknapp had it done to a load of old nightclubs on Southsea seafront. They had closed down and he bought the plot to develop. Funnily enough the fire happened when the riots kicked off in London and other parts of the country. Very convenient for him. 

IMG-20110810-00050.jpg

37 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Harry Redknapp had it done to a load of old nightclubs on Southsea seafront. They had closed down and he bought the plot to develop. Funnily enough the fire happened when the riots kicked off in London and other parts of the country. Very convenient for him. 

IMG-20110810-00050.jpg

"Fack off, I'm no wheeler dealer me". 

2 hours ago, Preston Red said:

Obvious insurance scams encouraged or arranged by the developers.

11 hours ago, Harry's Lad said:

Something similar happened here a few weeks ago. 

The Old Toby Inn in Skem was a listed building and over 300 years old. 

It had been empty for a while and developers had put in plans to turn the building and the large plot of land it was on into some sort of care home complex.

I don't know what exactly what happened but I believe the plans fell through so the inevitable happened and it went up in flames.

It was a massive fire which caused the roof to cave in and some parts of the first floor walls to collapse.

An investigation is still taking place as far as I'm aware and the Council were looking to have the building restored due to it's historic status.

The weekend before last, the owners/developers moved the bulldozers in and completely demolished it without permission and completely disregarding it's listed status.

There's uproar going on, the local MP calling for them to face the full force of the law and the Council up in arms as well as the locals.

Apparently the developers out in a notice  of demolition on the Thursday and demolished the building 36 hours later.

The Council hadn't even seen the notice.

I hadn't been in there for years, but I'm more than a bit gutted about it to be honest. 

It was my first local. I was still 14 when I first started going in there, had some brilliant times and drank with fellas who I still talk to today, though most of them have gone now sadly, in fact one fellas ashes were scattered on the grass in front of the main entrance.

Fucking developer cunts. Someone should do time for it.

They're absolute fucking bastards and they let nothing stand in their way when it comes to money. They pay no heed to local sentiment as you've encountered yourself and hopefully, they get totally fucked for it.

10 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Obvious insurance scams encouraged or arranged by the developers.

Turns out apparently there's a 14 year old boy been arrested for it. Must've been a skilled arsonist to get it fully going like it as my mate was in the old Odeon two weeks ago. He said it was saturated in there and the rain over this week would've made it near impossible.

10 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

IMG-20110810-00050.jpg

His dog did it...

23 hours ago, Mook said:

I'm with you here Mook. The last few gigs I went to pre-Covid were ruined by people talking and drinking like it was a nightclub. I'm now at a point where I don't want to go to gigs because it's so bad, the cunts are ruining everything. It isn't just cheap, local gigs either - people are paying in excess of £30 to go chat to their mates and wait for the one song they've heard from the radio/Spotify.

Everything is shit. Everything.

• Upvote 5