You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Have a rant thread

Sugar Ape

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Me and a mate went to a ‘Liverpool writing festival’ at the weekend. They gave us an itinerary but everything we went to wasn’t running or had happened before it should have done.

They said we could have an appointment with a ‘literary agent’. But she turned out to not be one, but worked for a ‘small agency’ and was an ‘aspiring author’. Her advice was to ‘join some writing groups’ and ‘ask people to read your stuff’.

I’ve always said, the arts are little more than a grift for middle class bums.

35 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Me and a mate went to a ‘Liverpool writing festival’ at the weekend. They gave us an itinerary but everything we went to wasn’t running or had happened before it should have done.

They said we could have an appointment with a ‘literary agent’. But she turned out to not be one, but worked for a ‘small agency’ and was an ‘aspiring author’. Her advice was to ‘join some writing groups’ and ‘ask people to read your stuff’.

I’ve always said, the arts are little more than a grift for middle class bums.

Have you attempted to write any books mate? You've certainly got the talent.

Fucking builder's vans spewing nails on the road. A lad in our cul de sac was always dropping nails out of his van and I had to tell the neighbours, watch where you park cos Im finding shit load of nails where he parks his van.

Earlier today, found a fucking nail in the car tyre and been trying to find a place to plug it. Guy says yeah come down, I can fit you in. Rolls up and they take the tyre off and he sucks through his teeth, cant plug it mate, you need a new tyre.

Why's that it's well away from the tyre wall and a Twingo aint a performance car? Nah, cant do it mate. Fuck's sake, how much is that? 100 quid mate. Fuck off.

30 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Fucking builder's vans spewing nails on the road. A lad in our cul de sac was always dropping nails out of his van and I had to tell the neighbours, watch where you park cos Im finding shit load of nails where he parks his van.

Earlier today, found a fucking nail in the car tyre and been trying to find a place to plug it. Guy says yeah come down, I can fit you in. Rolls up and they take the tyre off and he sucks through his teeth, cant plug it mate, you need a new tyre.

Why's that it's well away from the tyre wall and a Twingo aint a performance car? Nah, cant do it mate. Fuck's sake, how much is that? 100 quid mate. Fuck off.

You could just buy a new Twingo.

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

2nd hand prices have rocketed mate and they dont sell them in the UK now. Besides, wasnt the car's fault!

Have they stopped selling them in the UK again? Shame, nice little motor, if they had 5 seats I'd have bought one when I bought my clio back in 2013!

9 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Have they stopped selling them in the UK again? Shame, nice little motor, if they had 5 seats I'd have bought one when I bought my clio back in 2013!

Yeah. I think they only sell them in Europe as an EV now. It's a great little city car which fitted her needs once the old Zafira got fucked by an indie Vauxhall mechanic. It's a tad too small for my liking though because you cant get like 2m lengths of wood in it.

2 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Yeah. I think they only sell them in Europe as an EV now. It's a great little city car which fitted her needs once the old Zafira got fucked by an indie Vauxhall mechanic. It's a tad too small for my liking though because you cant get like 2m lengths of wood in it.

I was looking for a second car at the time to travel to work, but I've got a missus and 3 kids, so to have it as a spare car if our old CMax went tits up wasn't feasible with only 4 seats. Wasn't a problem, my little Clio was boss anyway, 2nd one I've had, was sad to see it go when we traded both cars in last year.

• 1 month later...

Am I being a Victor Meldrew here or is this genuinely shit?

We had our kitchen extended and we've got an alarm company we've been with for about five years. I said I wanted a new sensor when it was fitted so they charged me 100 notes and an engineer with a ket wig came out. I specifically told him, as did the builder, where he definitely couldn't put the wiring for the new sensor because cupboards were going there. So guess where he put them?

I called them after everything was fitted but also explained the issue and he said he'd send the engineer again. Clown comes out, goes 'oh those cupboards are in the way'. He suggested putting it elsewhere but it would have looked intrusive and shit. We can get by without it anyway, as a thief would have to cross the other beam to get anywhere. 

So I phoned for a refund, phoned again and again. They said now because they've 'been out twice' and 'why did I call them out if I knew it wouldn't fit?'. He reluctantly and arsily agreed to refund half. 

Fucking ridiculous. It's like going to fit a gas boiler but being told 'don't put the gas pipes there as it's near an open fucking flame', so you do - then go back and say 'I can't fit the boiler, but you've called me out so you've got to pay'.

Weapons grade cunts. 

I'm gonna see if I can get another monitoring company, they can get fucked. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Isn't Liverpool meant to be massively anti tory? Someone tell the b&b/hotel companies charging £600 on 28th May, then 10% of that the next day. Yes Im a dickhead for leaving it this late to try and book somewhere but the opportunist twats charging shitloads can get in the fucking bin. 

I will genuinely give someone in a Liverpool postcode £20 to camp in their fucking garden

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Remmie said:

Isn't Liverpool meant to be massively anti tory? Someone tell the b&b/hotel companies charging £600 on 28th May, then 10% of that the next day. Yes Im a dickhead for leaving it this late to try and book somewhere but the opportunist twats charging shitloads can get in the fucking bin. 

I will genuinely give someone in a Liverpool postcode £20 to camp in their fucking garden

Not sure what the anti tory connection and extortionate prices of hotels have to do with each other. The people who build and own these places are massive tory twats though.

12 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Not sure what the anti tory connection and extortionate prices of hotels have to do with each other. The people who build and own these places are massive tory twats though.

The accommodation is in Liverpool and Liverpool is very anti tory, that would be the connection. 

10 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

You can camp in my spare room for free Zeb. You won't need a tent and it won't cost you a penny. @Remmie 

This is the Scouse behaviour I believe in. Obviously dont mean to slur the city just the opportunistic cunts who dont do it justice 

14 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Putting up your prices when demand goes through the roof is prime 'free market, capitalist tory cunt' behaviour.

Having said that, the hotels have probably struggled over the last two years & we live in a capitalist system so it was always going to happen & probably always will.

Well I have ended up being sorted right out so will cheerfully withdraw my moans. Not going to crash at Stigs even though that had legendary forum story written all over it, but one of the cancellations my mate and I had at a hotel was guaranteed so they had to find us an alternative. So instead of some shithole in Sefton Park that cost £74, we got some spa hitel with a jacuzzi worth £340 but for the same money in the Wirral. 

• Upvote 2