You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Have a rant thread

Sugar Ape

2 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

A lot of these food allergies are purely psychological. Gluten is present in a lot of food that people who claim to be gluten intolerant cheerfully eat everyday without any side effects. 

You are confusing genuine allergies,such as Coeliac Disease with faddy diets. You are not completely incorrect given that the main source of Seratonin is actually in the gut rather than in the brain itself but there are some horrendous conditions genuinely caused by food allergies. Also,given how much secrecy surrounds how food is treated,manufactured and prepared I believe people have a genuine right to be suspicious of whether or not certain foods could be affecting their health.

4 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

My wife is coeliac. It’s a right fucking pain in the arse.  

Friend of mine has it and every couple of months she doesn't plan anything for a weekend and will gorge on bread on a friday night and then be ill, mainly cold sores and skin outbreaks not stomach stuff, and just ride it out in a carb based bliss.

27 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

My wife is coeliac. It’s a right fucking pain in the arse.  

That sounds grim. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not denying that real diet related health conditions like your wife’s exist, but that a lot of self diagnosed allergies may not be as severe or widespread as people think.

32 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

A lot of these food allergies are purely psychological and western based. Gluten is present in a lot of food that people who claim to be gluten intolerant cheerfully eat everyday without any side effects. Beer, ice cream and soy sauce all contain gluten for example. 

One of my Grandsons is dairy intolerant. Anything dairy results in explosive diarrhoea and or projectile vomit. He's 5 and been like this since he was a baby, so psychological, nah.

His father is the same to a lesser degree.

My Mrs if she's run down has a yeast allergy which can cause her eyes or lips to swell, looks like someone's given her a crack, yet a couple of antihistamines and 6hrs later, she's fine.

There's a kid we know who has a nut allergy, she's 8 and has to carry an epipen. 

My throat used to itch if I had an egg that wasn't cooked properly which I grew out of. My Mum is allergic to strawberries, these are just a few cases I know of.

Food intolerance and allergies can be serious, even fatal and shouldn't be disregarded as psychological.

1 minute ago, Harry's Lad said:

One of my Grandsons is dairy intolerant. Anything dairy results in explosive diarrhoea and or projectile vomit. He's 5 and been like this since he was a baby, so psychological, nah.

His father is the same to a lesser degree.

My Mrs if she's run down has a yeast allergy which can cause her eyes or lips to swell, looks like someone's given her a crack, yet a couple of antihistamines and 6hrs later, she's fine.

There's a kid we know who has a nut allergy, she's 8 and has to carry an epipen. 

My throat used to itch if I had an egg that wasn't cooked properly which I grew out of. My Mum is allergic to strawberries, these are just a few cases I know of.

Food intolerance and allergies can be serious, even fatal and shouldn't be disregarded as psychological.

I’m not disregarding real health conditions and for the people who have got them they are awful. Dairy tolerance or intolerance is a real thing and a big factor in the early development of the western world compared to the east. Must be tough for the little kid and your missus. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

That sounds grim. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not denying that real diet related health conditions like your wife’s exist, but that a lot of self diagnosed allergies may not be as severe or widespread as people think.

It certainly was a fad for some, recently in restaurants they’ve started asking if it’s an allergy or lifestyle when she asks for anything GF.  

So what if it's a fad, fucking leave people to it, why is it anyone else's business? Honestly this militant vegan thing is a myth, if you can show me 1 militant vegan I'll show you 10 militant meaters. 

This pontificating about other people's diets is fucking tedious to the extreme. 

Chances are, these 'fad' diets are better than what most of us cunt's eat. 

To use the Onion example, imagine getting the third degree about why you don't eat onions when they are so delicious, don't you eat onion bharji's, where do you get your vitamin c from? 

• Upvote 6

On 24/09/2021 at 21:21, Remmie said:

So what if it's a fad, fucking leave people to it, why is it anyone else's business? Honestly this militant vegan thing is a myth, if you can show me 1 militant vegan I'll show you 10 militant meaters. 

This pontificating about other people's diets is fucking tedious to the extreme. 

To use the Onion example, imagine getting the third degree about why you don't eat onions when they are so delicious, don't you eat onion bharji's, where do you get your vitamin c from? 

Hahaha fuck sake Remmie I've seen you on the breakfast thread destroy people (rightly so) for having beans 

3 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Mrs O'T has just been shouting FUCK OFF at the telly, because German politicians are acting like adults and talking about compromise and common ground. 

She's a wee bit envious.

How come every German party is called the Christian Democrats and have to form an alliance with other Christian Democrats? 

On 17/09/2021 at 19:48, Elite said:

Robbing bastards. I don't think they work all the time either.

I had a verruca for 10 years, the cunt just wouldn't go away. In the end I persisted with Sabitol for a few months, burned half the skin off my foot but it turned black and eventually went 

Gruesome fact: I had one years ago that refused to budge no matter what I put on it, was agony to walk on. Eventually I sterilised a needle and dug down to the roots and ripped it out. Was like looking inside the Predators mouth. Felt like Arnie after. 

• Upvote 2

On 24/09/2021 at 21:21, Remmie said:

As a new vegetarian/pescatarian I am now victimised like Remmie. We're basically Jews in pre-war Berlin in terms of discrimination. 

Sick of people asking me about protein, how one person will make a difference, why I'm eating meat replacements and posing hypothetical questions about what I'd do if I was on an island and had to eat meat to survive. 

Mind your own fucking business. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

As a new vegetarian/pescatarian I am now victimised like Remmie. We're basically Jews in pre-war Berlin in terms of discrimination. 

Sick of people asking me about protein, how one person will make a difference, why I'm eating meat replacements and posing hypothetical questions about what I'd do if I was on an island and had to eat meat to survive. 

I agree.....but about being on that island?

34 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

PREACH ON

Next time someone asks you about where you get your protein from ask them where they get their riboflavin from

• Upvote 1

Clickbait, the absolute vast, vast amount of stuff online claiming to offer you something that simply isn't there. 

"New Punisher series in the works".

You click it.

"The punisher was on TV and in films, he has a skull on his chest, scary perhaps but we all have skulls, skulls are in your head.....

800 words later.....

'so will we get another punisher series? Time will tell.'

It's unreal, you wouldn't get it in any other industry. Imagine going into a coffee shop, sitting down, then being told they don't actually sell coffee, of anything else for that matter, they just make money by telling other companies that you came in and sat down.

• Upvote 3

• 4 weeks later...

My missus knew what I bought her for her birthday because that much data is collected about us now they target her with adverts for things I've been looking at. Fucking data collection needs to stop, profiling us collecting everything and anything, our online profile should be private and in our control , we decide who shares and buys it and if we choose it should be deleted. On principle shitty stores or whoever should have to delete anything that's fuck all to do with them once our business is concluded. Google and all those type of companies go fuck yourselves, you're a utility a tool now youre like a fucking spoon with evil intentions, we need to chop you at the knees alongside all the super companies, way too much power is handed out to the few.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

My missus knew what I bought her for her birthday because that much data is collected about us now they target her with adverts for things I've been looking at. Fucking data collection needs to stop, profiling us collecting everything and anything, our online profile should be private and in our control , we decide who shares and buys it and if we choose it should be deleted. On principle shitty stores or whoever should have to delete anything that's fuck all to do with them once our business is concluded. Google and all those type of companies go fuck yourselves, you're a utility a tool now youre like a fucking spoon with evil intentions, we need to chop you at the knees alongside all the super companies, way too much power is handed out to the few.

What are you getting her then? An orbital sander because thats just come up on my instagram as a suggested product, about 5 days ago I showed her the bennie benassie video whatever it is with the birds doing diy