You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Have a rant thread

Sugar Ape

5 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Izzy had a verruca on the inside of her big toe. It was pretty minging. We went to a podiatrist (£60 for the consultation) who said it would require 3 treatments costing £150 each to get rid of it. I dropped the wife and Izzy off at the appointment and didn’t know it was costing me £60 and they were in there less than 5 mins. When the wife told me what they’d said I was having none of it. 

We then spoke to a family from who’s a chiropodist, they said leave it alone. It will fall off. 3 weeks later it’s fallen off and that cheeky cunt want £510. I’m fuming. 

Robbing bastards. I don't think they work all the time either.

I had a verruca for 10 years, the cunt just wouldn't go away. In the end I persisted with Sabitol for a few months, burned half the skin off my foot but it turned black and eventually went 

• Upvote 1

Yeah they just go away. KidD had one as she does swimming and martial arts: we did the bazooka thing for a while and it fell off. She got another and we just left it and it went away as well. 

Remember as a kid me ma taking me every week to get the skin around it cut for about a month. Cost God knows how much. Absolute rip.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

Izzy had a verruca on the inside of her big toe. It was pretty minging. We went to a podiatrist (£60 for the consultation) who said it would require 3 treatments costing £150 each to get rid of it. I dropped the wife and Izzy off at the appointment and didn’t know it was costing me £60 and they were in there less than 5 mins. When the wife told me what they’d said I was having none of it. 

We then spoke to a family from who’s a chiropodist, they said leave it alone. It will fall off. 3 weeks later it’s fallen off and that cheeky cunt want £510. I’m fuming. 

I had, I don’t really know how to explain it technically, but my wisdom tooth all of a sudden become unbearable and needed immediate extraction, literal tears and pain a woman will never know. Happens around midnight so it’s either A&E , who set you an appointment with a dentist at an undetermined point, or I find a private out of hours dentist.

So, I end up above a chicken shop on Baker Street…

The private dentist unpacks his, ancient and scruffy, bag and pulls out implements that wouldn’t have looked out of place in a museum of Victorian torture.

Im in agony, proper agony,  he knows this.

’You want the injection?’

’Just make it fucking stop!’ 

At this point he injects me with numbing whatever the fuck it is on to my gum, everything goes numb instantly and I start to go woozy. At this point a nurse puts something in front of my eyes I can’t really read or see properly and say ‘sign’ I sign.

The dentist then proceeds to do everything within his power to snap my jaw, genuinely I thought it was going to go at one point, but I was smacked off my tits so was pinned to the chair.

He manages to get the tooth out, which he thrust in my pocket as a souvenir.

I have a drink of water and think about how much self medication the PTSD will take to suppress this.

The form they put in from of me?

£950.

The amount it should have cost?

£200.

Nobody ever answered the phone when I tried, and tried, and tried to get in touch with them.

Odd all round.

3 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I had, I don’t really know how to explain it technically, but my wisdom tooth all of a sudden become unbearable and needed immediate extraction, literal tears and pain a woman will never know. Happens around midnight so it’s either A&E , who set you an appointment with a dentist at an undetermined point, or I find a private out of hours dentist.

The private dentist unpacks his, ancient and scruffy, bag and pulls out implements that wouldn’t have looked out of place in a museum of Victorian torture.

At this point he injects me with numbing whatever the fuck it is on to my gum, everything goes numb instantly and I start to go woozy. At this point a nurse puts something in front of my eyes I can’t really read or see properly and say ‘sign’ I sign.

The dentist then proceeds to do everything within his power to snap my jaw, genuinely I thought it was going to go at one point, but I was smacked off my tits so was pinned to the chair.

I have a drink of water and think about how much self medication the PTSD will take to suppress this.

£950.

£200.

Nobody ever answered the phone when I tried, and tried, and tried to get in touch with them.

Odd all round.

What really happened is the organ smugglers decided your parts were not viable and pulled the tooth out as a favour. 

13 hours ago, Elite said:

Robbing bastards. I don't think they work all the time either.

I had a verruca for 10 years, the cunt just wouldn't go away. In the end I persisted with Sabitol for a few months, burned half the skin off my foot but it turned black and eventually went 

You know what they say. Once you go black, you never go back.

I've woke up fucking fuming they were ripping people off at that gig on the Pier Head the other night. Smarmy smiling twat stood there with a card reader laughing in our fucking faces charging 8 quid a can and 31 quid for a shit bottle of rose. Thankfully I wasn't arsed about drinking or I'd have been even more angry but it just takes the piss. Apparently they were charging 100 quid for a crate at the Reminisce festival last week. Times are tough for everyone and events like this are supposed to bring joy to people, instead they are ripping people off like fucking tories. 8 quid for a fucking can! I can get 18 for 8 quid in the tesco by ours. Honestly someones going to go full on nuclear with these twats. Apparently On The Water Front host these events but funnily enough I can't find any contact details to call them robbing tory cunts. You can't take your own ale in oh god no, they search you because they know inside you're getting your pants pulled down. 

On 05/09/2021 at 18:20, Harry Squatter said:

Went to Crosby beach today and it was completely ranmed with people from all over the place. Loads of cunts making a mess as well. 

I lived in a road with the beach at the bottom of it for 25 years yet even in the summer holidays you would never see the place the way it is now. I think everyone on social media thinks it is an "in" place to go because its got a few iron statues. 

Apologies in advance but I’m going here tomorrow with the wife, my mother and the dog as a stopover on our way to Wales. The wife wants to stare lovingly for hours at the statues. 

What’s this about quicksand? I’d hate anything to happen to the dog. 

On 17/09/2021 at 21:10, Bruce Spanner said:

£950.

£200.

Odd all round.

Is it safe?

• Upvote 1

£950.

£200.

Odd all round.

I hope they cleaned the implements between the back street abortion they'd done previously and  your tooth extraction.

£950.

£200.

Odd all round.

I've had that injection myself.. Did you have a sore arse for a few days as well?

On 18/09/2021 at 11:12, Bjornebye said:

I've woke up fucking fuming they were ripping people off at that gig on the Pier Head the other night. Smarmy smiling twat stood there with a card reader laughing in our fucking faces charging 8 quid a can and 31 quid for a shit bottle of rose. Thankfully I wasn't arsed about drinking or I'd have been even more angry but it just takes the piss. Apparently they were charging 100 quid for a crate at the Reminisce festival last week. Times are tough for everyone and events like this are supposed to bring joy to people, instead they are ripping people off like fucking tories. 8 quid for a fucking can! I can get 18 for 8 quid in the tesco by ours. Honestly someones going to go full on nuclear with these twats. Apparently On The Water Front host these events but funnily enough I can't find any contact details to call them robbing tory cunts. You can't take your own ale in oh god no, they search you because they know inside you're getting your pants pulled down. 

I won't buy anything inside places like that. They are an absolute piss take, like most things, if everybody didn't bother buying it they would have to be more reasonable but people just pay it and moan but never actually stop doing it. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

When I had my wisdom tooth out I went for a general anaesthetic. Can't stand needles and blood; I fainted when they put in the IV. Came round thinking it was all done, but they hadn't even started.

I had a GA as well. Not bothered about needles but didnt like the thought of having to have my gob wider than the Mersey for ages while they pulled all 4 out and stitched me up if necessary.

On 19/09/2021 at 17:08, YorkshireRed said:

Apologies in advance but I’m going here tomorrow with the wife, my mother and the dog as a stopover on our way to Wales. The wife wants to stare lovingly for hours at the statues. 

What’s this about quicksand? I’d hate anything to happen to the dog. 

Nothing much. A few lads went out into the mud banks past the old lifeboat station and one died the other week. When I say nothing much obviously some lad died but it was a very rare incident and it was quite a way out where the tide always covers the sand. He was in his twenties so should have had the nous to know going out that far was dangerous.

If you're on the beach in the day the statues are visible and it is fairly dry around them. 

Hope it's a good day for you there. It's It's nice place when it's not rammed full of half the stalls from the North West.

• Upvote 1

Cosseted & indulged incompetence.

Currently working with somebody so far out of their depth it's embarrassing, but he's protected as he's in a position where his performance isn't monitored as there are no systems in place to deal with it, or checks and balances in place to be held accountable to, as above him is more of the same, if not worse, and was only promoted as they were the only candidate or knew the latest buzzwords.

They fall out from a strategic level is that the general level of competence is brought down as he should be leading the drives to improve but is completly barren of ideas and talent so mediocrity sets in. This of course leads to standards falling, ambition falling, retention issues as there are no real avenues for improvement so you lose the good and are stuck with the bad and a leadership who has no ideas on how to deal with.

A structural inertia.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Cosseted & indulged incompetence.

Currently working with somebody so far out of their depth it's embarrassing, but he's protected as he's in a position where his performance isn't monitored as there are no systems in place to deal with it, or checks and balances in place to be held accountable to, as above him is more of the same, if not worse, and was only promoted as they were the only candidate or knew the latest buzzwords.

They fall out from a strategic level is that the general level of competence is brought down as he should be leading the drives to improve but is completly barren of ideas and talent so mediocrity sets in. This of course leads to standards falling, ambition falling, retention issues as there are no real avenues for improvement so you lose the good and are stuck with the bad and a leadership who has no ideas on how to deal with.

A structural inertia.

One of the most fucking annoying things in the workplace.

We have a complete moron who happens to also double up as the laziest shithouse in the company. He's on the opposite shift to me but we cross paths when he comes in on a Saturday.

So far, he's been known to fuck off for two+ hours playing golf while still on the clock, damaged a carbon fibre skin for an aircraft which costs £75k+, passes his jobs onto others despite not being any kind of manager and ducks out of being trained up to the standard required for the job yet is on the full money.

Apparently he's a Mason too, enjoying protection from someone high up. He was supposed to be fucked off to a different shed on-site but the two managers bottled it at the last minute. Masonic influences no doubt.

• Upvote 1

People who constantly go on about their various food proclivities, be it veganism, gluten or lactose or whatever.

If you're vegan, just be vegan, salud. Why constantly post about it on Facebook or wear t shirts about it, you absolute hero.

I fucking hate onions, I don't eat them, but don't believe it entitles me to a round of applause.

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

People who constantly go on about their various food proclivities, be it veganism, gluten or lactose or whatever.

If you're vegan, just be vegan, salud. Why constantly post about it on Facebook or wear t shirts about it, you absolute hero.

I fucking hate onions, I don't eat them, but don't believe it entitles me to a round of applause.

A lot of these food allergies are purely psychological and western based. Gluten is present in a lot of food that people who claim to be gluten intolerant cheerfully eat everyday without any side effects. Beer, ice cream and soy sauce all contain gluten for example.