You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Have a rant thread

Sugar Ape

4 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

It's actually the texture I hate rather than the flavour. Onions and mushrooms are the devil's testis.

Fair enough, I've only just gotten to the point where I can deal with mushrooms myself. Although once almost threw up all over a girl's kitchen when she made a fry up and I had to try and stomach a cold, greasy pile of overcooked rubber.

Excused myself and did a discrete little spew in the bathroom. Blamed the night before.

• Upvote 1

Onions always remind me of when I pulled some girl once in a club and she took me back to her one bedroom flat and when we got inside she asked me if I wanted something to eat and proceeded to make herself a fried onion butty as that was all she had in until her mum dropped her kids back off the next day.

Not one of my finer moments, I did a runner when she nipped the loo.

• Upvote 1

On 08/01/2021 at 12:15, Karl_b said:

The wife's inability to make any decision is absolutely bewildering. She's now working from home a couple of days a week and it's driving me mad; almost every single question, no matter how banal, is met with "I don't mind/you decide/either way". 

"Do you want a cup of tea?" - "Don't mind"

"What time are you stopping work for lunch" - "Whenever."

"Are you walking the dog in the morning or at lunch?" - "Your call." (She then proceeded to have a lie in, thus making the decision but without saying anything - just say you want a lie in and I'll take him, like I do every other day).

Argh! 

JUST MAKE A DECISION AND ANSWER A QUESTION FOR ONCE, YOU BEAUTIFUL INDECISIVE DERP.

I've worked on detached duty with female colleagues. The male colleagues you go with can decide within a minute where to go out for food after work. Women cannot make a decision to save their lives. This is despite looking at menus and TripAdvisor ratings all day. 

Was in Glasgow for a week once and there were 3 lads and 2 women. The two women would take all day to decide where they wanted to go whereas we weren't arsed. We would leave the hotel and they still hadn't decided. In the end I got fed up of them and we went to an Italian place, they ended up coming with us but then moaned about everything once they were there. Also that we "pressured" them into going somewhere they didn't want to go. 

They continued the shitshow at breakfast where you had to order a cooked breakfast. One took that long to decide she ended up having nothing because she would have been late for work. 

1 hour ago, Alan Sex said:

Monkey tail beards. 

For fucks sake. Makes a man bun look sensible. 

Just google it. 

Bunch of blokes who would be better off sucking off a rifle. 

I’ve just googled it. I’m too angry to post a picture of one. 

Dentists, have always been a bunch of ball washing bastards.

When we first moved round here we both joined a new dentist. During my checkup the slippery Liverpool college fuck tells me:

"You need a root canal, I could do it but you'd be better off getting my boss to do it, he's private but you'd have better outcomes."

"Nah you do it."

"Actually looking at it again I think you might be okay, just keep an eye on it."

Needless to say I fucked them off. I didn't quite say "kid, you think I started this life 10 minutes ago?", but the intention was there.

Mrs stayed against my advice. Not long after they replaced their entire dental staff, which I thought was a bit fucking weird.

Mrs goes the other night and he says to her she needs a filling (she hasn't had one since she was 10) and offers her some teeth whitening treatment. She's got perfect teeth, people are always commenting on them in work and whatnot.

She was devastated, whereas I found it a complete coincidence that they've been closed for non essential appointments for months and are possibly trying to claw back some scratch.

I've only met two in my life who weren't utter, money-grubbing cunts, including my current one who's a Polish woman (fuck you Brexit) and my old one who was like a big gay toddler who used to go clay pigeon shooting at the weekend. If he could save a tooth rather than pull it out he would, even though I was NHS, a lot of his colleagues wouldn't.

My mum's old dentist got struck off years ago. He was tapping people's teeth to make them decay apparently so he could work on them later. 

They're like plumbers for people, by the time you call them you're absolutely desperate and they treat you and charge you accordingly.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

When we first moved round here we both joined a new dentist. During my checkup the slippery Liverpool college fuck tells me:

"You need a root canal, I could do it but you'd be better off getting my boss to do it, he's private but you'd have better outcomes."

"Nah you do it."

"Actually looking at it again I think you might be okay, just keep an eye on it."

Needless to say I fucked them off. I didn't quite say "kid, you think I started this life 10 minutes ago?", but the intention was there.

Mrs stayed against my advice. Not long after they replaced their entire dental staff, which I thought was a bit fucking weird.

Mrs goes the other night and he says to her she needs a filling (she hasn't had one since she was 10) and offers her some teeth whitening treatment. She's got perfect teeth, people are always commenting on them in work and whatnot.

She was devastated, whereas I found it a complete coincidence that they've been closed for non essential appointments for months and are possibly trying to claw back some scratch.

I've only met two in my life who weren't utter, money-grubbing cunts, including my current one who's a Polish woman (fuck you Brexit) and my old one who was like a big gay toddler who used to go clay pigeon shooting at the weekend. If he could save a tooth rather than pull it out he would, even though I was NHS, a lot of his colleagues wouldn't.

My mum's old dentist got struck off years ago. He was tapping people's teeth to make them decay apparently so he could work on them later. 

They're like plumbers for people, by the time you call them you're absolutely desperate and they treat you and charge you accordingly.

Our family dentist is sound enough, who has gone out of his way to sort out my eldest son (who smashed one of his adult teeth a few years back).

Sound, except at the end of appointments when he offers to "clean up our teeth a little bit". I swear the fucker is trying to reenact the torture scene from Marathon man.

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

"Nah you do it."

I’ve got a head full of fillings, so has every kid who went to our dentist in the 80’s.  He ended up getting struck off as he was paid per treatment and incentivised to do fillings. 

8 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I’ve got a head full of fillings, so has every kid who went to our dentist in the 80’s.  He ended up getting struck off as he was paid per treatment and incentivised to do fillings. 

Me too. 

I asked my dentist once why I had so many (as she always insisted on doing them even when I wasn't in pain or had no sensitivity). She told me my 'teeth were quite close together'. 

When I went to an orthodontist to have a wisdom tooth out she goes 'hmmm, do you find you get a lot of work done when you go to your dentist?' I'm like 'yeah she said it's because my teeth are too close together', she goes 'hmm, no they're not.' Was clearly code for 'change your dentist'. 

• Upvote 1

The ageing process. Who ever invented that is an utter cunt and needs a sound thrashing. No doubt it’s the same scoundrel that gave the world cold weather, which acts as a double whammy for those of us approaching death.  

I’ve woken up this morning with more aches and pains than is befitting of someone still with aspirations to make it as a professional unmentionable. Both knees ache, my ankle is throbbing, I have stiff shoulders, a sore lower back and my toes are full of arthritis. Added to this my fading eyesight, memory loss and pathetic attempts at erections and you can see I’ve every right to be livid. 

• Upvote 6

9 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Me too. 

I asked my dentist once why I had so many (as she always insisted on doing them even when I wasn't in pain or had no sensitivity). She told me my 'teeth were quite close together'. 

When I went to an orthodontist to have a wisdom tooth out she goes 'hmmm, do you find you get a lot of work done when you go to your dentist?' I'm like 'yeah she said it's because my teeth are too close together', she goes 'hmm, no they're not.' Was clearly code for 'change your dentist'. 

The specific dentist that we always see is generally very good, but the group as a whole are a bit shonky. Like you said above, there are no regular appointments because of Covid safety- mine's been postponed three times now from last May to some unspecified date this year- but apparently that doesn't apply to 'hygiene treatments' as we got a stream of texts inviting us to book one. 

My dentist is a fucking joke. Had 2 teeth right at the back that are basically fucked, told him to just pull them out but he insisted on fixing them even though even I could feel it was pointless.

The repairs have now broke and they are really uncomfortable so will be coming out anyway when I can actually get in.

The last one was a piss taker too. Just decided to switch from private to NHS without anything else changing except the price going from about 17 quid a check up to 70. He was sorting something with the drill on one tooth and as he took it out chipped my front tooth, I actually saw the piece fly past my eyes and at the same time saw his eyes go wide and then he carried on like nothing happened.

On the way out he poked his head round the door and told his receptionist to knock a tenner off my bill. 

I still don’t know why I didn’t say anything, it’s like when you have a shit meal at a restaurant but say it’s great when they ask how everything is.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Geoff Woade said:

My dentist is a fucking joke. Had 2 teeth right at the back that are basically fucked, told him to just pull them out but he insisted on fixing them even though even I could feel it was pointless.

The repairs have now broke and they are really uncomfortable so will be coming out anyway when I can actually get in.

The last one was a piss taker too. Just decided to switch from private to NHS without anything else changing except the price going from about 17 quid a check up to 70. He was sorting something with the drill on one tooth and as he took it out chipped my front tooth, I actually saw the piece fly past my eyes and at the same time saw his eyes go wide and then he carried on like nothing happened.

On the way out he poked his head round the door and told his receptionist to knock a tenner off my bill. 

I still don’t know why I didn’t say anything, it’s like when you have a shit meal at a restaurant but say it’s great when they ask how everything is.

What?! Fucking hell mate 

52 minutes ago, Geoff Woade said:

Im with a gob doctor practice that is part private and part NHS. I have had great service from the NHS dentists. Yeah they tend to be the younger ones that you'd think might bollocks things up. The lad said I needed a root canal filling. That filled me with dread because of all the things you hear about them. To be honest, it was just like any other filling except the treatment was over 2 visits because he said doing it in one would be too much.

Ive paid for private in the past when a previous dentist switched from sole NHS to sole private. He just drilled out old fillings for fun.

Problem now is my practice isnt seeing anyone, private or NHS unless you're in agony. Kudos to those people who wrench their own teeth out with an old pair of pliers. I just couldnt do that!