You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Have a rant thread

Sugar Ape

1 hour ago, _______________ said:

Fucking Liverpool ECHO, had me on snow watch with them. Up at 5.30 this morning with my sledge and instead it's pissing down. 

I'd bought a carrot and some coal, the bastards. 

That's some commitment to building a snowman.

2 minutes ago, Elite said:

That's what being a grandad is all about. 

Seriously though, I just woke up at 5.30 and thought fuck it I will get up. Thinking it would be a white out with snow I was somewhat disappointed to see it was just wet and miserable, like me. 

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, _______________ said:

That's what being a grandad is all about. 

Seriously though, I just woke up at 5.30 and thought fuck it I will get up. Thinking it would be a white out with snow I was somewhat disappointed to see it was just wet and miserable, like me. 

I'm glad it isn't myself but rain,sleet or snow means roads and paths turn into ice rinks overnight and they are no fun for anybody other than scally kids.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I'm glad it isn't myself but rain,sleet or snow means roads and paths turn into ice rinks overnight and they are no fun for anybody other than scally kids.

Oh I agree, nobody wants to see more accidents and injuries especially at the moment. It looks great and the kids love it but even they tire of it once their gloves are cold and wet. 

2 hours ago, _______________ said:

Fucking Liverpool ECHO, had me on snow watch with them. Up at 5.30 this morning with my sledge and instead it's pissing down. 

I'd bought a carrot and some coal, the bastards. 

1 hour ago, Elite said:

He was actually going to light a fire and then ram the carrot up his arse in comfortable warmth.

Building a snowman is an ace idea as well though. Just remember to wipe the clinker off the carrot first.

• Upvote 1

The wife's inability to make any decision is absolutely bewildering. She's now working from home a couple of days a week and it's driving me mad; almost every single question, no matter how banal, is met with "I don't mind/you decide/either way". 

"Do you want a cup of tea?" - "Don't mind"

"What time are you stopping work for lunch" - "Whenever."

"Are you walking the dog in the morning or at lunch?" - "Your call." (She then proceeded to have a lie in, thus making the decision but without saying anything - just say you want a lie in and I'll take him, like I do every other day).

Argh! 

JUST MAKE A DECISION AND ANSWER A QUESTION FOR ONCE, YOU BEAUTIFUL INDECISIVE DERP.

Probably leaning towards WoaW thread material but bang on cue after the above post.

"Shall I walk to the shop and grab something for lunch whilst you walk the dog?"

"Don't mind"

* Sigh *

"Do you want some lunch or not?"

"Honestly, I don't mind, you do whatever, I can always go the shop when I get back."

I trundle down to the corner shop, pick some bits up and come back just as she's walking towards me, having dropped the dog off:

"I've been to the shop"

"Well you didnt one take this parcel that needs sending back.'

"You mean the one you didn't mention at all when dithering about whether you wanted me to go the shop or not?"

"..."

"So it turned out you actually needed to go to the shop but because you're so crippled by the inability to make a decision you failed to mention it?"

"..."

/Fin.

1 hour ago, Karl_b said:

The wife's inability to make any decision is absolutely bewildering. She's now working from home a couple of days a week and it's driving me mad; almost every single question, no matter how banal, is met with "I don't mind/you decide/either way". 

"Do you want a cup of tea?" - "Don't mind"

"What time are you stopping work for lunch" - "Whenever."

"Are you walking the dog in the morning or at lunch?" - "Your call." (She then proceeded to have a lie in, thus making the decision but without saying anything - just say you want a lie in and I'll take him, like I do every other day).

Argh! 

JUST MAKE A DECISION AND ANSWER A QUESTION FOR ONCE, YOU BEAUTIFUL INDECISIVE DERP.

Sounds familiar. Mine can't make her own meals at the moment, so the thankless task falls upon me.

A typical exchange:

"What do you want to eat?" - "Anything"

"There's some quiche in the fridge, shall I get you that?" - "No, I don't like quiche"

"You still have that salad, do you want that?" - "No, I don't fancy salad right now"

"Okay, so when you said you wanted 'anything' to eat, you didn't mean 'anything'. So what do you ACTUALLY WANT to eat?"

"I don't mind"

I'm halfway convinced they do it on purpose.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Sounds familiar. Mine can't make her own meals at the moment, so the thankless task falls upon me.

A typical exchange:

"There's some quiche in the fridge, shall I get you that?" - "No, I don't like quiche"

"You still have that salad, do you want that?" - "No, I don't fancy salad right now"

"Okay, so when you said you wanted 'anything' to eat, you didn't mean 'anything'. So what do you ACTUALLY WANT to eat?"

"I don't mind"

I guarantee if you'd put the quiche and the salad on a plate with a knife and fork wrapped in a napkin, it would have been eaten. Sometimes someone wants what they're given rather than having to choose for themselves.

33 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

A typical exchange:

"I don't mind"

Women are simple creatures, just remove the choice.

'I'm going to get you exactly what you want for dinner, restaurant, snack' anything works really.

'OOOOOHHHH we're having/going?'

'We are now'

Saves a load of time and she thinks you're a hero, who loves her and knows her better than anybody else.

1 hour ago, Karl_b said:

A decision, from a woman? That might lead to responsibility and an inability to criticise something. 

There are some things man will never achieve, a simple decision from a woman is one of those things. (unless you're a woman reading this, in that case 'not you' you're wonderful and not like those other indecisive women)

• Upvote 1

People who make out you're a fussy eater because you don't like something. The concept of "not liking things" is not unusual in the human experience surely?

"There's onion in this."

"It's only a bit."

"Yeah but I don't like it.

"But it's only small."

"You don't like Morris Dancing, let's do some of that."

• Upvote 1