You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Have a rant thread

Sugar Ape

Someone mentioned mental health earlier in the Covid thread. Some of the most annoyed I've been during this whole thing is when people my age (mid 20's), who are perfectly middle class, are healthy and who haven't had anybody they know die, have posted stuff on social media about the mental health impact this has had on them because they can't live their lives normally. I'm sorry, no one cares. It's hard for everybody, but it's harder for almost everybody else but you.

You're about at the bottom of the totem pole of people who should be complaining. You can't say that because mental health is obviously important for everybody, but it's just true. That shit has been annoying. 

34 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

The way media cunts and people on social media refer to Boris Johnson as "Boris" like he's one if their mates or some loveable rascal.

Fuck off, he's a massive twat who would step over you in the street if you were dying you bootlicking twat. Phil the power Taylor I'm looking at you, you fucking twat.

Yep, direct from the same school that brought you "Tommy" Robinson.

It's not his real name, and even if it was, why not say "Mr Robinson"?  Buy into the blatant fucking branding more, you stupid fucking shills.

9 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

The way media cunts and people on social media refer to Boris Johnson as "Boris" like he's one if their mates or some loveable rascal.

Fuck off, he's a massive twat who would step over you in the street if you were dying you bootlicking twat. Phil the power Taylor I'm looking at you, you fucking twat.

I posted this months ago in something like the election thread. 'Boris' vs 'Corbyn' was designed to frame the candidates exactly the way the media wanted the public to see them.

On 21/12/2020 at 12:48, Liverpool lad said:

Scouse ma's who run every aspect of the family life with the rest of the family cowering in fear, almost terrified to speak up

A friend of ours is currently up the wall as her mother-in-law has decided and therefore imposed on the family her own take on the efficacy of the testing for Covid 19 and the contagion of the virus 

I haven't got her opinion of the new mutation yet but I doubt it will stop the get together of 30 people including some in their late eighties and her own husband with existing health conditions 

These folks when challenged will counter the argument with the fact it could be the last Christmas for some whilst actually contributing to the likelihood of it being their last Christmas 

*insert Ghanaian funeral music*

This could get spicy 

New variant plus lack of compliance by attendees gives this super spreader potential 

16 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Ha, was watching a documentary recently and the Chingford skinhead Norman Tebitt remarked that all the great politicians through the ages were referred to by their surname only. Going by that criteria.........

21 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Someone mentioned mental health earlier in the Covid thread. Some of the most annoyed I've been during this whole thing is when people my age (mid 20's), who are perfectly middle class, are healthy and who haven't had anybody they know die, have posted stuff on social media about the mental health impact this has had on them because they can't live their lives normally. I'm sorry, no one cares. It's hard for everybody, but it's harder for almost everybody else but you.

You're about at the bottom of the totem pole of people who should be complaining. You can't say that because mental health is obviously important for everybody, but it's just true. That shit has been annoying. 

Roughly translated, it means their gyms are shut.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Just now, Doctor Troy said:

Scouse man's always act like the head of the five families in the Godfather.

It's amazing that their kids, even in their mid forties still run things past them or base their lives around their opinions and approval.

"Now go home and get your fuckin' X-Box!" 

I assume you mean nans not mans? 

1 minute ago, Doctor Troy said:

Scouse man's always act like the head of the five families in the Godfather.

It's amazing that their kids, even in their mid forties still run things past them or base their lives around their opinions and approval.

Decorating 

Cars

Holidays 

Meals

Garden designs 

Venues for celebrations and guest lists

The Scouse Ma is running the lot with others willing to let them spend grands in exchange for some peace and quiet 

5 minutes ago, Liverpool lad said:

Decorating 

Cars

Holidays 

Meals

Garden designs 

Venues for celebrations and guest lists

The Scouse Ma is running the lot with others willing to let them spend grands in exchange for some peace and quiet 

Some girl I worked with asked her ma if she could move to Spain with her husband. She was 36 at the time. 

37 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Some girl I worked with asked her ma if she could move to Spain with her husband. She was 36 at the time. 

University choices too

'I took one look at the building and said she isn't going there'

No need for Ucas, just look at the cladding. 

I have a theory that it is them trying to have their time again in a time when you have more choice in life with travel etc

Edited by Liverpool lad
  • Upvote 2

What I'd really enjoy, would be for as many people as possible to say 2020 can fuck right off. This would illustrate when uttered, that just like the other years when important celebs died:

You are:

A) dead macho

B) Really original

C) Very nuanced

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Remmie said:

What I'd really enjoy, would be for as many people as possible to say 2020 can fuck right off. This would illustrate when uttered, that just like the other years when important celebs died:

You are:

A) dead macho

B) Really original

C) Very nuanced

Fuck 2020