You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Have a rant thread

Sugar Ape

26 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Haven’t had it for about 30 years or so , not even sure it’s still about ? I used to know a scrawny couple who was on it everyday, many years ago , they used to stay in as well so can’t see the attraction there, both toast now.

I’ve got mates who still go to Northern Soul all nighters, it’s still about on that scene. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

Really surprised by that mate. 

My ol fella was diagnosed with diabetes and told he had to really knock the drinking on the head

He swapped from cider to Guinness, drank exactly the same amount and his blood sugars dropped massively to the point the diabetes nurse thought he’d stopped drinking completely. 

From memory I was told that the barley in Guinness was the culprit for the weight gain. The weight loss surprised me to.

Anyway, I went back on the larger about two years ago (I think) and the stomach ulcers flared up again. Went back the doctors for more Omeprazole tablets. Was sent for an endoscopy earlier this year and part of the procedure was a sample taken of the stomach lining. Turns out I had some bacterial condition that was linked to the stomach ulcers. Was put on an course of tablets for a month and so far so good. Still on the larger and not had to take any more Omeprazole since. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, easytoslip said:

Fat fuck, I can always lose wait but I doubt there’s much you can do mate , sounds like you’ve already had a charisma by pass, just joking about the whizz etc , writing whatever came into my head as I’d had a few , and if it’s of any interest I’ve had one years experience 60 times , no need for fat fuck is there really , social media eh? 

Wit wasn’t the same in your day, was it Oscar?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Wit wasn’t the same in your day, was it Oscar?

Wit? Oscar? Not a clue what you’re on about. All I said was no need for names really it’s just a bit shit isn’t it , someone took over my local and advertised it in the local paper and while there was plenty of good will there was some nasty remarks concerning punters and staff in on line comments, so yeah Social Media really does bring out the pricks though in my day we had to send telegrams. 

3 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

I’ve got mates who still go to Northern Soul all nighters, it’s still about on that scene. 

Really, I have a bit of the other when home just to keep me going when meeting this and that , as you only really meet up in pubs, and it’s just the same as speed well doing the same job, next day I’m like a bag of shite though.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I live in the dumbest non third world country city in the world as far as infrastructure for transportation goes.

Public transportation is a fucking joke. We recently got a light rail system. The project was delivered late by like two years, and even then it was rushed to the point that it's complete shit. Since full service started in early October it's broken down at least 10 times during peak commute hours, people have lost count how many delays there have been. The doors of the train don't work properly, the computers break down, the stations have no shelter and are too small. I've gotten kicked out of the train before my destination and been forced to walk to work for 45 minutes 4 times in the last month. Either that or you have to fight hordes of desperate people for emergency replacement buses or wait for another train to come that may only be there in like half an hour.

On top of that, the bus service which was already absolutely awful and unreliable is now even worse somehow. They're always late and they cancelled the routes that go downtown because the train was supposed to replace them. So now the train is the only option and it's dog aids. And this is all before the temperatures consistently get 15 below zero and major snowfall when delays will get even more frequent and torturous.

On top of that, the population is about 1 million people and yet the traffic makes it seem like there it's 5 million. Why? There's only one main road that can take people downtown. One. And of course there's constant construction. And now the shit roads are even more crowded because people don't trust the train.

My city stinks. I hate it.

• 1 month later...
On 08/10/2019 at 08:03, Captain Turdseye said:

Shit, lazy, barely qualified tradesmen. 

Getting a new bathroom put in. The estate agent that manages the house for the landlady arranged them. They told me on Thursday that it’d be done by Saturday night. They’re still not finished. The tiler couldn’t even be bothered to show up on Saturday after I’d got up at 7:30 because they said he’d be here early and they’ve been getting off every day between 2pm and 4pm. All the while the upstairs of my house stays looking like a fucking building site, the toilet isn’t plumbed in and we’re having to go to the in-laws to shower. One of the tiles on the windowsill is popping up a couple of millimetres more than the rest, which will annoy me for the rest of time and they’ve also left a scrape mark on the wall on the stairs which was only painted recently. Fucking knobheads, man. I’m so angry that I’m on the verge of sending in a strongly worded letter of complaint. 

This drama is still ongoing. I am sick of the cunts. Water started pissing through the ceiling downstairs again a few weeks ago. They obviously sent around the same charlatans as last time. Straight away they fucked up some of the the grouting on the floor tiles when they took off the bath panel. Then they said they couldn’t see where the leak was coming from but they’d sealed up a couple of spots anyway. When they’d finished I noticed that running the taps in the sink was making a weird clicking noise come from underneath the plug hole in the bath. Since then the sound has got gradually worse and now it’s completely blocked up. Running the sink makes water come up through the bath and vice versa. Have a quick shower and it takes the best part of an hour to drain away. I’ve tried different drain unblockers over the weekend but it’s obviously a shoddy job. 

Rang the estate agent to get it sorted this morning and whaddayaknow,  they’re sending around the same knobheads as last time as it’s still under warranty. I’m not convinced they’re even plumbers at this point. 

On 19/10/2019 at 08:23, Rico1304 said:

I used to know a punk who was addicted to speed. He was prescribed speed tablets which were the size of smints. One would be enough to keep me up all night, he used to take 4 or 5 at a time. He’s dead now.  

A0F5D98C-A619-4279-BC97-CBF4B9F4A3A0.gif

• Upvote 3

I get pissed off when people do a whip round at work for someone who is leaving or whatever. Not that there's a whip round, I always throw in, but that the organiser never tells you what most people are throwing in. 

"How much are we putting in?"

"Oh whatever, just what you want "

So I'll throw 2p in and that will be acceptable yeah? Of course not. So if everyone is lashing fivers in and I throw in a score then I'm a try hard sucker. If everyone's doing tenners and I do a fiver I'm a minge bag.

Only option is the safe tenner to be greater with "are you sure? That's great!" So clearly everyone was doing fivers. Give me a heads up, Janet. Fucks sake. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

I get pissed off when people do a whip round at work for someone who is leaving or whatever. Not that there's a whip round, I always throw in, but that the organiser never tells you what most people are throwing in. 

"How much are we putting in?"

"Oh whatever, just what you want "

So I'll throw 2p in and that will be acceptable yeah? Of course not. So if everyone is lashing fivers in and I throw in a score then I'm a try hard sucker. If everyone's doing tenners and I do a fiver I'm a minge bag.

Only option is the safe tenner to be greater with "are you sure? That's great!" So clearly everyone was doing fivers. Give me a heads up, Janet. Fucks sake. 

Do the whip round yourself next time lazyarse. Then you can see who the mingbags are AND pocket a few knicker without anyone having a clue. Win win. 

Alternatively, leave. Try and time your departure for the day AFTER payday and when nobody's off sick. 

And cunt Janet in the fuck on the way out. 

• 2 weeks later...

It’s not really a rant but I’m at her auntie and uncles in deepest darkest Walton looking after the kids so they could go out for tea. It’s quarter past 9 and the fucking I’ve cream van has just pulled up outside all the music playing. I’ve heard him do it that late before. Kids have not long got settled in bed. Like fuck he is selling ice creams the selfish, noisy , drug pushing bastard. 

29 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

It’s not really a rant but I’m at her auntie and uncles in deepest darkest Walton looking after the kids so they could go out for tea. It’s quarter past 9 and the fucking I’ve cream van has just pulled up outside all the music playing. I’ve heard him do it that late before. Kids have not long got settled in bed. Like fuck he is selling ice creams the selfish, noisy , drug pushing bastard. 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

“Sprinkles?”

9516EE56-BCEF-4526-9EAA-4B12B55B768E.gif

On 13/07/2019 at 20:08, Babb'sBurstNad said:

People buggering off from the till to go back and grab something. If you've got someone else with you, who can continue packing, then fine. If, however, you're on your own, then you're shit out of luck and should just accept it. You'll have to make a second trip and get to the back of the line.

Stood waiting at a queue for some lunk to get himself something. What could cause such a long delay? An urgent message to get medicine for his sick mother? His daughter's first tampons? A Get Well Soon card for a friend hit by a bus? No. A four pack of fucking Heineken. Well done pal, disaster averted.

To be fair to him though, that four pack wasn’t for him. There was a can for his sick mother, a can for his daughter who had just had her first period, a can for his mate who had just been hit by a bus, and he was gonna give a can to you for causing a bit of a delay on getting yer fray bentos, but he saw yer sour puss and thought fuck him I’ll have the last meself.