You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Have a rant thread

Sugar Ape

3 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

If i search for something like a gift for my missus, what I've been looking for shows up on adverts on her phone. She will say "have you been looking up such and such today" because of fucking adverts. It's bullshit. Privacy will be mythological in a few years.

You shouldn't share the same Google account.

Guest Pistonbroke

It'll be down to having the Location App activated on both your phones. You need to worry when she starts getting adds for Gang Bangs or threesomes. 

4 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

If i search for something like a gift for my missus, what I've been looking for shows up on adverts on her phone. She will say "have you been looking up such and such today" because of fucking adverts. It's bullshit. Privacy will be mythological in a few years.

Private Browsing mate. Private Browsing.

• Upvote 1

Not a rant as such , yours disgruntled maybe , some fella came into the bar before and he didn’t say can I get he said I’ll take two pints of Carlsberg he was American but I couldn’t say anything as he was massive and was the spitting image of Dan Blocker crossed with that lad from Stir Crazy , the murderer .

3 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Not a rant as such , yours disgruntled maybe , some fella came into the bar before and he didn’t say can I get he said I’ll take two pints of Carlsberg he was American but I couldn’t say anything as he was massive and was the spitting image of Dan Blocker crossed with that lad from Stir Crazy , the murderer .

He ended up drinking Carlsberg mate so you win. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Elite said:

Foster's is shit but Carling is far worse, how it's on tap in loads of places is madness. My only guess is that it costs about 1p a litre.

I can't get my head round Carling being the highest selling beer in the UK. No one I know drinks it. Is it all skinflint old dudes?

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Remmie said:

I can't get my head round Carling being the highest selling beer in the UK. No one I know drinks it. Is it all skinflint old dudes?

I'll never forget letting slip on here years ago that I was having a carling and you rightly hammered me for it. Thank you Rem. x 

• Upvote 1

It’s just the usual cooking lager , it’s ok, but £3.90 a pint here and it’s preferable to the other option of £5.20 of which I can’t think what it’s called though it ends with etto.

Carling seems to be the order of the day in Liverpool, not to keen on that mind .

Imagine living in Cockfosters .

I need to change my drink for certain reasons, it’s just that I don’t drink anything but lager , I weaned myself off Cider as it’s like the Heroin of ale and I used to love it though you might as well have a pint of doughnuts. 

Couldnt go back to Newcastle Brown, Brown Mix etc like years ago , though my local is getting Pale Ale on draft which could be the answer.

Cant get on with Guinness , I suppose that’s an acquired taste ? My mate drank 15 pints of the stuff one day watching the match , so I gathered he must of acquired that taste.

6 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

I need to change my drink for certain reasons, it’s just that I don’t drink anything but lager , I weaned myself off Cider as it’s like the Heroin of ale and I used to love it though you might as well have a pint of doughnuts. 

Couldnt go back to Newcastle Brown, Brown Mix etc like years ago , though my local is getting Pale Ale on draft which could be the answer.

Cant get on with Guinness , I suppose that’s an acquired taste ? My mate drank 15 pints of the stuff one day watching the match , so I gathered he must of acquired that taste.

I'm not into Guinness myself, though I've only tried it the odd time. For Guinness drinkers, did you like it straight away or do you have to get used to it? Like lager when it's horrible when you first have it as a teeenager.

1 minute ago, Elite said:

I'm not into Guinness myself, though I've only tried it the odd time. For Guinness drinkers, did you like it straight away or do you have to get used to it? Like lager when it's horrible when you first have it as a teeenager.

Started drinking it in the Navy. I started with Caffreys actually as one of the pubs near our base sold it and I'd already gone off lager at 17. Got onto Guinness then went back to lager for a while, switched between that and cider for years then went back to Guinness. I just prefer it as a drink. I can polish 7/8 pints and be nicely pissed. If I drank 7/8 pints of lager in a pub these days I'd be a mess I think. I probably order Guinness out of habit a bit these days. Not been out much lately but I automatically order a gunners and sometimes think "fuck sake I don't fancy one today". 

The biggest killer for me has been red wine. Last 3/4 years I have drank too much of it. About 6 months ago I decided to swerve it completely. Not even decent bottles either. 4/5 quid bottles from Tesco that don't even taste nice. Proper devils drink that. Turned me loopy. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Started drinking it in the Navy. I started with Caffreys actually as one of the pubs near our base sold it and I'd already gone off lager at 17. Got onto Guinness then went back to lager for a while, switched between that and cider for years then went back to Guinness. I just prefer it as a drink. I can polish 7/8 pints and be nicely pissed. If I drank 7/8 pints of lager in a pub these days I'd be a mess I think. I probably order Guinness out of habit a bit these days. Not been out much lately but I automatically order a gunners and sometimes think "fuck sake I don't fancy one today". 

The biggest killer for me has been red wine. Last 3/4 years I have drank too much of it. About 6 months ago I decided to swerve it completely. Not even decent bottles either. 4/5 quid bottles from Tesco that don't even taste nice. Proper devils drink that. Turned me loopy. 

As a seasoned lager drinker, it's the volume that kills you with wine/spirits, you end up drinking them too fast.

My dad used to drink Caffreys all the time.

Me and the said mate used drink pints of Wine and Soda , which was sound until you stepped outside so no more of that . When I was into that particular drink I went home for the weekend, I called in the Corry in Bootle to see if I could find someone, I asked for a white wine and soda and was told Aussie White , Bitter or Lager ( Carling) I felt a bit fruit.

With Guinness, it seems that those who do drink it have to go some way for a decent pint ? They seem to compliment on having a decent pint

• Upvote 1

I don't get how people can drink the same brand of beer all night, especially with so many options now. It's probably more sensible and leads to less of a hangover but sounds much more boring to me. I'm not a huge fan of Guinness but can drink a pint or 2, would much rather almost any other Stout or Porter.

On the subject of Carling, a couple years back some students were sharing a multipack of Carling on the train to London and when they got off they left about 4 or 5 cans. This meant I had to option of several cans of free beer but I couldn't bring myself to drink it even in those circumstances, it's just so vile. Fosters is also utter shite but just tastes of nothing, it's hard to imagine getting drunk on it though I probably did at some point in my youth.

2 minutes ago, Elite said:

As a seasoned lager drinker, it's the volume that kills you with wine/spirits, you end up drinking them too fast.

My dad used to drink Caffreys all the time.

That’s right, I’m a fast drinker plus a lightweight but I’ve no alternative, I mean a glass of whatever is gone in two gulps so I don’t know , maybe give something like that a go , something you can take your time over

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Remmie said:

I don't get how people can drink the same brand of beer all night, especially with so many options now. It's probably more sensible and leads to less of a hangover but sounds much more boring to me. I'm not a huge fan of Guinness but can drink a pint or 2, would much rather almost any other Stout or Porter.

On the subject of Carling, a couple years back some students were sharing a multipack of Carling on the train to London and when they got off they left about 4 or 5 cans. This meant I had to option of several cans of free beer but I couldn't bring myself to drink it even in those circumstances, it's just so vile. Fosters is also utter shite but just tastes of nothing, it's hard to imagine getting drunk on it though I probably did at some point in my youth.

Yeah, plenty of stouts and porters that are nicer than Guinness. I used to find “beer fear” was terrible after a night of drinking the latter.