You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Have a rant thread

Sugar Ape

Guest Pistonbroke
4 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Good luck, doesn't sound like much fun. Had some unpleasant times in the dentist chair myself.

It'll be fine hopefully, especially if it goes the same way as earlier in the year when I had two molars extracted. I normally just suffer pain and rarely take pain killers, so when I do have to take them they work wonders. 

3 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

Had a check up at the dentists this afternoon. Result, three molars need extracting next Tuesday. Fuckety fuck. Never had any real problems with my teeth apart from having Wisdom teeth extracted in the 80's. That'll be 5 molars they've extracted this year and mainly due to receding gums, old age is a cunt! 

You are fucked mate. RIP YNWA etc. 

1 hour ago, Pistonbroke said:

It'll be fine hopefully, especially if it goes the same way as earlier in the year when I had two molars extracted. I normally just suffer pain and rarely take pain killers, so when I do have to take them they work wonders. 

A couple of cocodomol does the job 

1 hour ago, Pistonbroke said:

Like myself, I avoid tablets and medications like the plague, so when I had a hernia op and needed some codeine it was like I had been transported to Woodstock.

11 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I fully intended to get hold of the estate agent but just after I posted that I remembered that I had the number of one of the lads who ripped out the old bathroom the other day. Messaged him and they had someone else round here within five minutes. He’s just putting everything back in now and says the tiler who’s gone AWOL will be here to finish grouting the floor tiles later. Next time I speak to the estate agent I’ll be letting them know that their tradesmen, and especially the tiler, are taking the piss. I might even ring them later today if he doesn’t show up. 

Having them get on the phone to the landlady would be a last resort. I’ve got no complaints about her, she’s sound. Just an old lady who rents out this one house to top up her pension. We only needed a new bathtub after the boy slipped over and broke the old one last week but she said just to replace the whole bathroom. Nice lady, shite estate agent. 

'The boy slipped' is just an excuse for you spazzing out really isnt it? Like letting rip a massive smelly fart and blaming the dog. Classy stuff.

9 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

'The boy slipped' is just an excuse for you spazzing out really isnt it? Like letting rip a massive smelly fart and blaming the dog. Classy stuff.

Trust me, if that happened I’d be straight on here to whinge about it, hoping that Champ would take pity on me and send me some of that lemon & blueberry cake. 

Tiler doesn’t show up. 

I text plumber to ask where he is. 

Plumber doesn’t reply. 

I ring estate agent and voice displeasure. 

Apparently tiler is contracted by plumber.

Estate agent says she’ll ring plumber. 

Three hours radio silence. 

Plumber rings me.

Says tiler will be here tomorrow AGAIN.

I ring estate agent and kick off. 

Estate agent says they’re waiting to hear back from the plumber. He’s on holiday at the moment. 

I say I’ve spoke to him. 

Estate agent tries to claim Landlady organised them.

I call bullshit.

I ask why is he contracted to their regular plumber then.  

“I’ll ring you back”

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Tiler doesn’t show up. 

I text plumber to ask where he is. 

Plumber doesn’t reply. 

I ring estate agent and voice displeasure. 

Apparently tiler is contracted by plumber.

Estate agent says she’ll ring plumber. 

Three hours radio silence. 

Plumber rings me.

Says tiler will be here tomorrow AGAIN.

I ring estate agent and kick off. 

Estate agent says they’re waiting to hear back from the plumber. He’s on holiday at the moment. 

I say I’ve spoke to him. 

Estate agent tries to claim Landlady organised them.

I call bullshit.

I ask why is he contracted to their regular plumber then.  

“I’ll ring you back”

giphy.gif

It's people like you that give tradesmen a bad name.

• Upvote 2

I’m pretty sure I know what’s going on. They’ve got other jobs on and they’re trying to juggle them all at once. It’s fucking bullshit. If they couldn’t do the job they shouldn’t have taken it on. Told me it would be finished by Saturday night. Meanwhile I’ve got an unfinished bathroom, my landing looks like an aisle in B&Q and there’s a fucking toilet on the grass outside my house. 

giphy.gif

I'm pretty sure the problem with tradesmen is they can't say 'No'. I needed some flagging doing when I moved into my new build (They where still building on site for ages) so asked the flagger if he wanted to do it as a foreigner, I text him a few times and he kept delaying but said he'd do it. After a few weeks, I spoke to another lad on site and he said he said the flagger had left site weeks ago and is now working about 100 miles away, never to be seen again.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Brownies, cookies, cakes, whatever. Cath makes Paul Hollywood look like a rank amateur. 

Big hugs emoji

Meanwhile I’m sitting here waiting for a call which was promised between 13.00 and 13.30. Why do they say these things if they can’t commit to it?

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Elite said:

I'm pretty sure the problem with tradesmen is they can't say 'No'. I needed some flagging doing when I moved into my new build (They where still building on site for ages) so asked the flagger if he wanted to do it as a foreigner, I text him a few times and he kept delaying but said he'd do it. After a few weeks, I spoke to another lad on site and he said he said the flagger had left site weeks ago and is now working about 100 miles away, never to be seen again.

KNOBHEADS. They’re sending a different tiler first thing tomorrow now apparently. I look forward to meeting him when he arrives on Friday. 

9 minutes ago, Champ said:

Big hugs emoji

Meanwhile I’m sitting here waiting for a call which was promised between 13.00 and 13.30. Why do they say these things if they can’t commit to it?

Because people are cunts. It’s really that simple, isn’t it?

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

KNOBHEADS. They’re sending a different tiler first thing tomorrow now apparently. I look forward to meeting him when he arrives on Friday. 

Because people are cunts. It’s really that simple, isn’t it?

I don’t know what it is. If you’re not certain you can deliver what you’re promising why say you can. You’re just setting yourself up unnecessarily 

9 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Looking on BBC text Football news, why the fuck is Rooney’s and Vardy’s birds on there about some spat on Twitter bollocks? It’s on the what’s to come on the main news later , fuckin’ load of cack.

It looks like Colleen caught Vardy selling stories she deliberately planted to the scum rags.

Guest Pistonbroke
5 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I’m pretty sure I know what’s going on. They’ve got other jobs on and they’re trying to juggle them all at once. It’s fucking bullshit. If they couldn’t do the job they shouldn’t have taken it on. Told me it would be finished by Saturday night. Meanwhile I’ve got an unfinished bathroom, my landing looks like an aisle in B&Q and there’s a fucking toilet on the grass outside my house. 

giphy.gif

Tradesmen do it all the time mate. They then work out the likelihood of who will complain more. The fact you are just a tenant and the contract is through your landlord/estate agent (even worse) the likelihood of your compliant getting past your landlord/estate agent is small compared to jobs they'll have on for property owners. You'll probably find that the Estate agent use them all the time because they are cheap, or they are related etc, so they basically know they can take the piss. They also suss out who is nice (making a cuppa, chatty etc) and who is a possible pain in the arse, if you are nice you'll get fucked about.