You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Have a rant thread

Sugar Ape

Guest Pistonbroke
35 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

I watched the first episode of that Peaky Blinders the other day, it bored the shit out of me. Does it get better?

Most definitely mate. The action is notched up once they have built up the story line surrounding the main characters and the initial plot. 

1 hour ago, General Dryness said:

I watched the first episode of that Peaky Blinders the other day, it bored the shit out of me. Does it get better?

It does if you like arty slow mo shots and a shitty Birmingham based attempt to rip off Boardwalk Empire except with little real plot and the use of said arty slow mo shots to make it seem all classy and clever. 

7 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Just been in a chemist which has a telly in there set permanently to advertisements of pharmacy products, volume turned right up so it’s blaring out at their captive audience.

Subhuman scum.

You filled up your ‘bag for life’ with throat sweets and nit lotion, didn’t you?

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

You filled up your ‘bag for life’ with throat sweets and nit lotion, didn’t you?

The thing most people don’t realise about Always Ultra maxi pads is that they offer up to 100% leak protection to help you feel protected throughout the day.

I would have been a fool not to take them.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Elite said:

"Tramadol, proven to be effective 100% of the time and don't worry when you can't get a prescription for it any more. We've got you covered! Just ask for Leroy at the back of Home Bargains and he'll sell you a great alternative."

Heavy stuff that. I had horrible toothache a couple of years ago and my ex gave me two. I was in bed within half an hour. Woke up the next day and felt like I'd been the 051 in 1999. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Just been in a chemist which has a telly in there set permanently to advertisements of pharmacy products, volume turned right up so it’s blaring out at their captive audience.

Subhuman scum.

Are you in the U.S.? Over there it's pretty much de rigueur.

17 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Heavy stuff that. I had horrible toothache a couple of years ago and my ex gave me two. I was in bed within half an hour. Woke up the next day and felt like I'd been the 051 in 1999. 

You get used to it after a while. There's a lot of addicts about like Turdseye so they don't prescribe it as much anymore 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Not really a rant as I'm not arsed but man the Irish spell some names fucking bonkers. I had to ask an Irish lad how to spell his name and it was Tadgh. I thought there was literally no chance I was spelling that right. When he said it, it sounds like Tige.

Siobhan. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Not really a rant as I'm not arsed but man the Irish spell some names fucking bonkers. I had to ask an Irish lad how to spell his name and it was Tadgh. I thought there was literally no chance I was spelling that right. When he said it, it sounds like Tige.

Yes. In what fucking world is Naimh pronounced  "Neev"?