You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Have a rant thread

Sugar Ape

8 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

(This may cheer some of you up)

I’ve just spent 2 nights in a hotel that cost £300 per night.  Come home and I’ve been bitten my fucking bed bugs!  Little cunts. 

Disgusting that. London for you. God knows how many semen samples you have on you as well. 

• Upvote 2

Unreliable doctors 

I work overseas and on cruise ships so I need to have a seafarers medical done every two years to confirm that I'm fit for duty. 

When you sign on to a ship, you have to bring the original copy with you for your orientation. No idea why they insist on this when they're risking their employee's losing it, which is what I ended up doing like a complete head the ball. 

Replacing the document isn't a big deal, you just contact the doctor who did your medical, they prepare you a new copy, you pay them 50 quid and then they post it to you. Piece of piss. 

He's prepared me a new copy but he hasn't sent me the payment details, therefore he's not posted it to me. I've been trying to chase him up for it for over a week now and whenever I do his phones switched off and he completely ignores my texts and emails. 

I'm due to fly out to Miami a week today to join the ship so its cutting it way too close for him to try sending it to me in the post. This means I now have to blow 20 quid getting a train up to Blackpool on Monday to collect it off him in person, along with the 50 quid I already have to pay to get the document. 

Might fuck the ships off and go work in Southport Pontins instead

1 minute ago, Ken Robber said:

Unreliable doctors 

I work overseas and on cruise ships so I need to have a seafarers medical done every two years to confirm that I'm fit for duty. 

When you sign on to a ship, you have to bring the original copy with you for your orientation. No idea why they insist on this when they're risking their employee's losing it, which is what I ended up doing like a complete head the ball. 

Replacing the document isn't a big deal, you just contact the doctor who did your medical, they prepare you a new copy, you pay them 50 quid and then they post it to you. Piece of piss. 

He's prepared me a new copy but he hasn't sent me the payment details, therefore he's not posted it to me. I've been trying to chase him up for it for over a week now and whenever I do his phones switched off and he completely ignores my texts and emails. 

I'm due to fly out to Miami a week today to join the ship so its cutting it way too close for him to try sending it to me in the post. This means I now have to blow 20 quid getting a train up to Blackpool on Monday to collect it off him in person, along with the 50 quid I already have to pay to get the document. 

Might fuck the ships off and go work in Southport Pontins instead

Its you Jane isn't it

A1ROtgfYoZL._SL1500_.jpg

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Surely in this day and age your orientation is your business.  

No, but the nurse being persistent that I gave a stool sample until finally dropping it (pun unintended) after ringing the company three times to make sure if I had to do that or not was ridiculous 

Don't work on cruise ships, kids

• Upvote 1

Mentioned my doctor taking the piss sending me my fit for duty medical previously in this thread. 

It was meant to arrive two days ago by recorded delivery. Still isn't here, so I've had no choice but to have my flight cancelled for tomorrow to join the ship. 

I'm not fired but there's two possible outcomes. The first is they send me there next week, but only if the staff member I'm replacing agree's to stay on board for an extra week when they've already worked six months straight with no days off. The other is they'll send me to another ship but that won't be til July. 

Any numbers for heroin there mate?

10 minutes ago, Ken Robber said:

Mentioned my doctor taking the piss sending me my fit for duty medical previously in this thread. 

It was meant to arrive two days ago by recorded delivery. Still isn't here, so I've had no choice but to have my flight cancelled for tomorrow to join the ship. 

I'm not fired but there's two possible outcomes. The first is they send me there next week, but only if the staff member I'm replacing agree's to stay on board for an extra week when they've already worked six months straight with no days off. The other is they'll send me to another ship but that won't be til July. 

Any numbers for heroin there mate?

Thats a fucking joke that is. Have you managed to speak with the doctor? Surely you can evidence whats happened and that its not your fault? Couldn't they just scan it to the ship or HQ whoever? 

And far more importantly, did you take that bird out? Well? 

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Thats a fucking joke that is. Have you managed to speak with the doctor? Surely you can evidence whats happened and that its not your fault? Couldn't they just scan it to the ship or HQ whoever? 

And far more importantly, did you take that bird out? Well? 

He emailed me back just now and explained that his secretary had sent me an email asking for the address to post it to. I didnt see it because she'd emailed me off a different email address so it had ended up in my junk folder. 

Horrible day this. I'm pissed off at them for not bothering to ring me about it. I even rang the main desk on Monday asking where it was so that would have been a perfect opportunity to mention that they'd sent an email. But I'm also pissed off and embarrassed for having this happen in the first place, especially when I could have avoided this the whole time but didn't realise. Feel like crawling into a hole. 

And nah cause she's been off sick from work for a few days. Known her for years though so I trust shes not lying like. 

21 minutes ago, Ken Robber said:

He emailed me back just now and explained that his secretary had sent me an email asking for the address to post it to. I didnt see it because she'd emailed me off a different email address so it had ended up in my junk folder. 

Horrible day this. I'm pissed off at them for not bothering to ring me about it. I even rang the main desk on Monday asking where it was so that would have been a perfect opportunity to mention that they'd sent an email. But I'm also pissed off and embarrassed for having this happen in the first place, especially when I could have avoided this the whole time but didn't realise. Feel like crawling into a hole. 

And nah cause she's been off sick from work for a few days. Known her for years though so I trust shes not lying like. 

Not your fault mate. 

6 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Not your fault mate. 

Thanks man 

It's all sorted now thankfully. The medicals being sent to me Express so I'll have it before 9 in the morning. Then i fly out of Manchester to New York, then on to Miami in the afternoon. Works out better that, the thought of having to get a 12 hour flight to Florida and then having to deal with customs sounds like the worst pain in the arse. 

Access to the internet on ships costs wedge and the connections usually rubbish but I'll try and remember to share stories here when I have the chance. Drunk Americans on budget holidays may as well be from another planet.

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Ken Robber said:

Thanks man 

It's all sorted now thankfully. The medicals being sent to me Express so I'll have it before 9 in the morning. Then i fly out of Manchester to New York, then on to Miami in the afternoon. Works out better that, the thought of having to get a 12 hour flight to Florida and then having to deal with customs sounds like the worst pain in the arse. 

Access to the internet on ships costs wedge and the connections usually rubbish but I'll try and remember to share stories here when I have the chance. Drunk Americans on budget holidays may as well be from another planet.

Good man glad its sorted. Have a good trip mate, very jealous.  I miss being at sea but if I can live back through it vaguely through some of your anecdotes then thank you. 

Just gutted you couldn't share details of your date that bailed on you

giphy.gif

26 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Good man glad its sorted. Have a good trip mate, very jealous.  I miss being at sea but if I can live back through it vaguely through some of your anecdotes then thank you. 

Just gutted you couldn't share details of your date that bailed on you

giphy.gif

Nice one mate 

Well I actually went out with her two weeks ago. Went to a Mexican gaff off Hanover street (think it's called Wahaca) and then sat off in concert square with one of those big shisha pipes. Was a sound little night but it was deffo a reminder that I'm better suited to a life working and living on land. Can't be getting attached to people and then getting off for half the year